Manuel Neuer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crook Mackem

Striker
Anar I`m a day late but having just seen the re-run of last nights game how was this german shithouse not red carded in the first minute ?

na, took the forward out. blatant red card imo

Looked to me like he got a toe on the ball and the attacker went over Neuer's outstretched leg afterwards.

He got the ball. If you get the ball in a tackle then it should never be a foul.

I suppose that depends on your definition of getting the ball. What if it's a slight brush of the ball after dangerously flying in with your studs up and breaking someone's leg?

Anar I`m a day late but having just seen the re-run of last nights game how was this german shithouse not red carded in the first minute ?
Because the Porto player had already taken the ball away from goal, had he not been fouled Dante would likely have been back to challenge him, therefore not a clear goal scoring opportunity
...imo

He got the ball. If you get the ball in a tackle then it should never be a foul.
He didn't, the Porto player flicked it to the side

Looked to me like he got a toe on the ball and the attacker went over Neuer's outstretched leg afterwards.

I suppose that depends on your definition of getting the ball. What if it's a slight brush of the ball after dangerously flying in with your studs up and breaking someone's leg?
You can break someone's leg in a good, legal, tackle. So that point is irrelevant.

Flying in studs up however is a foul regardless of injury

Wasn't even a foul, Neuer got the ball ao his nd Dante was covering anyway. However, Bayern's defending was ridiculous last night, Neuer even dropped a ball onto his own bar :). Mind you, the way they are, they'll probably get a couple of key players back, sort themselves out and stick 6 or 7 past Porto next week.

What foul have you lot seen? He didn't get anywhere near the ball. His saving grace was the centre forward knocked the ball to the side and slightly out of his own reach so the ref clearly wasn't convinced it was a clear GSO.

had this exact argument during the world cup he come out punched the ball then kneed higuian in the face, the blokes gonna kill someone soon people think coz u get the ball it isnt dangerous play but you have to be responsible with your actions.

What foul have you lot seen? He didn't get anywhere near the ball. His saving grace was the centre forward knocked the ball to the side and slightly out of his own reach so the ref clearly wasn't convinced it was a clear GSO.
What game were you watching? Neur clearly tackles the ball *then* makes contact with the forward. Penalty (as under the new(ish) rules on tackling its a foul) and no red. Amazing, the referee is right and the fans don't know the rules, what a surprise. Next up: handball in the box....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back