LVCC - Northants v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very slow going. 15 overs gone today and only 33 added. Fuck knows what they're playing at.

Forcing runs on this pitch isn't easy, the lads are picking up runs without being overly reckless.
It's setting up nicely for a good finish, Durham won games last season from much worse positions than this.

Strange isn't it? Maybe they've decided to make sure they use up enough overs first so that Northants would have to risk swinging the bat to win it.

Aye, that seems the only logical solution, that said, scoring at 4 an over - which wouldn't be much more - would get you to a 'safe' total much quicker than scoring at 2.5 an over would.

Forcing runs on this pitch isn't easy, the lads are picking up runs without being overly reckless.
It's setting up nicely for a good finish, Durham won games last season from much worse positions than this.

As I say though, scoring at 4 an over wouldn't be much harder surely than scoring at 2.5 an over - certainly not reckless. Plus we've lost two wickets this morning in not being positive.

Frustrating to say the least.

Aye, that seems the only logical solution, that said, scoring at 4 an over - which wouldn't be much more - would get you to a 'safe' total much quicker than scoring at 2.5 an over would.

As I say though, scoring at 4 an over wouldn't be much harder surely than scoring at 2.5 an over - certainly not reckless. Plus we've lost two wickets this morning in not being positive.

Frustrating to say the least.

We've just lost two quick wickets trying to push on.

So Arshad gone now and 309-8 effectively.

Perhaps the plan is to make Northants think batting is difficult! :lol:

We've just lost two quick wickets trying to push on.

Surely that only proves that we've waited too long to go though.....? I appreciate I'm a moaning fucker but honestly. I didn't think it would be completely beyond us to add 100 for the last 5 wickets in 20 overs. Instead, we've nearly lost that many wickets in the same time and only added 57 due to much fannying about.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be as happy as anyone if we skittle the kernts inside two sessions but it's all very disheartening to see them wasting so much time.

I'll say it again, Scoring runs quickly on this wicket isn't easy,

Northants need 4.6 an over to win, considering we scored 64 this morning and lost 5 wickets.

You'd think it's a win for us or a draw.

69 overs left, just 4.6 runs an over needed, I can't see the seamers bowling for long before the spinners are on.

6 overs, 27 runs, the chance of a wicket 3 times, and two horrible leg side full tosses off Breesey, it's going to be an eventful afternoon.

A few tight overs with the pace off the ball and it will look a different game, Scotty Borthwick could be our match winner again.

A few tight overs with the pace off the ball and it will look a different game, Scotty Borthwick could be our match winner again.

apparently there is a very short boundary in play, if they get on a roll we could be in trouble

apparently there is a very short boundary in play, if they get on a roll we could be in trouble

It's only short at one point backward of square, it hasn't really made much difference up to now.

Colonel caught one dropped one, should have been 2 down.

Last edited:
It's only short at one point backward of square, it hasn't really made much difference up to now.

yeah unlikely just I always feel the time a chase like this could happen, could be early in the season, when our premier bowlers are maybe still getting up to speed

1 down rushy

Bad drop off Onions

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back