LVCC - Northants v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a bit shit of Cricket SA to pull Kleinfeldt out of his contract literally days before the season starts.

The Aussie Copeland was key to their promotion last season, i think they could struggle this season if they don't get a decent replacment, good time for Durham to play them.

The Aussie Copeland was key to their promotion last season, i think they could struggle this season if they don't get a decent replacment, good time for Durham to play them.

My sentiments exactly and as chunky says, very winnable.

Taking nowt for granted though.[DOUBLEPOST=1397303229][/DOUBLEPOST]Expect the pitch to be decent. Possibly a bat first deck, their friendly against Yorkshire last week yielded plenty of runs.

Their two top performers with bat and also ball last season aren't playing but Hall will be a thorn in our side I expect. He usually is when we play them!

Last edited:
Thank god this starts tomorrow

Are we expecting the same team that faced the uni?

What is the wicket like there, any need for Breese?

How the ferk are they so injury ravaged without having played a competitive game?

Good weather and we should surely piss it. Famous last words

Thank god this starts tomorrow

Are we expecting the same team that faced the uni?

What is the wicket like there, any need for Breese?

According to Marty it's the same squad that faced the Uni. Wantage Road has previous (IIRC) for being conducive to spin, which granted may not be so prominent in April however as I referred to earlier - I expect it to be decent for batting and when that's the case it's always worth having a couple of spin options. Breesey usually is quite tight economy wise so probably will be worth a punt...... Unless they give Rocky the job of second twirler :-O.

I'd like to see -

Rocky
Jennings
Borthwick
Richardson
Collingwood
Breese
Mustard
Arshad
Harrison
Onions
Rushworth

According to Marty it's the same squad that faced the Uni. Wantage Road has previous (IIRC) for being conducive to spin, which granted may not be so prominent in April however as I referred to earlier - I expect it to be decent for batting and when that's the case it's always worth having a couple of spin options. Breesey usually is quite tight economy wise so probably will be worth a punt...... Unless they give Rocky the job of second twirler :-O.

I'd like to see -

Rocky
Jennings
Borthwick
Richardson
Collingwood
Breese
Mustard
Arshad
Harrison
Onions
Rushworth
So has breezy got a proper contract then?

I'd like to see -

Rocky
Jennings
Borthwick
Richardson
Collingwood
Breese
Mustard
Arshad
Harrison
Onions
Rushworth

Breese and Colly ahead of Mustard?

I am not sure I fancy Colly coming in at 5, although Mustard does bat well with the tail

Breese and Colly ahead of Mustard?

I am not sure I fancy Colly coming in at 5, although Mustard does bat well with the tail

Not really a fan of Mustard at 5. We're obviously a batsman or two short at present which hopefully will be rectified when Sangakkara and Stokes come in ;)

Just over an hour til the toss lads...... Happy new season :lol:

Not really a fan of Mustard at 5. We're obviously a batsman or two short at present which hopefully will be rectified when Sangakkara and Stokes come in ;)

Just over an hour til the toss lads...... Happy new season :lol:

It never even entered my head for some reason that Stokes would be out for us when he broke his hand, very disappointing for all concerned

That's a bit shit of Cricket SA to pull Kleinfeldt out of his contract literally days before the season starts.

They did the same with us and Hershelle Gibbs about 10 years ago (not the second time when we got him for the T20)

Northamptonshire
Stephen Peters (C)
James Middlebrook
Kyle Coetzer
Matthew Spriegel
Robert Newton
Andrew Hall
David Willey
Steven Crook
David Murphy (W)
Maurice Chambers
Mohammad Azharullah