LVCC - Northants v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrating a bit, become so used to rolling teams out! Never fear though, got for some of our lads to get runs. I wonder what is going through Colly's mind now? I suppose he knows that on our day we can skittle a team for next to nothing on the final day.
Just knock off one of these tailenders, currently have a lead of 80 odd. So we should just have a real go at them for the rest of the day and hope conditions improve to suit our bowling tomorrow.
You know it's a difficult pitch when Rushy & Bunny only take 1 wicket between them.
Yep

Frustrating a bit, become so used to rolling teams out! Never fear though, got for some of our lads to get runs. I wonder what is going through Colly's mind now? I suppose he knows that on our day we can skittle a team for next to nothing on the final day.

5 points for a draw this year, up from 3 last season, is going to lead to some more cautious declarations.

Need to keep our heads. No disrespect but if we are to retain the title we don't want to be losing against teams like Northants.

Can't see us scoring enough runs quickly enough to force a win I'm afraid.

And on seeing us now two down I think not losing this game is the first priority.......

Last edited:
The wicket is slowly starting to break up, which is good for us, whether it breaks up enough for us to be able to bowl them out in two and a bit sessions is asking a lot.

What was encouraging was that when we took the new ball neither of the in batsmen could get the bat on the ball from Onions and Rushy, unlike the start of their innings when the ball hardly swung at all. The ball is definitely starting to do a little bit more as the game progresses.

Borthwick and Breese could have a big say in the game come tomorrow afternoon after the shine has gone off the ball.

Lizzy with excellent insight there - "Northants have slowed the runrate after tea"

No love, we were 3.33 before tea and are now 4.11. :rolleyes:

The wicket is slowly starting to break up, which is good for us, whether it breaks up enough for us to be able to bowl them out in two and a bit sessions is asking a lot.

What was encouraging was that when we took the new ball neither of the in batsmen could get the bat on the ball from Onions and Rushy, unlike the start of their innings when the ball hardly swung at all. The ball is definitely starting to do a little bit more as the game progresses.

Borthwick and Breese could have a big say in the game come tomorrow afternoon after the shine has gone off the ball.

I was thinking perhaps we might get more movement when the temperature picks up slightly. Although that would probably be after lunch and by then there'd only be 64 overs or so left (minimum) which would be pushing it on that pitch.

Ideally we'll rocket to a 400 lead by 11.40 tomorrow and have 84 overs or so at them :lol:

Got by Scotty and Richardon this, 180 lead already? Strong position to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back