LVCC - Durham v Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Might aswell declare at about 10:15 tomorrow. Can't see us adding many more so we're just taking overs out the game IMO.

Just back.

What a contrast between batting this morning where it was a struggle and in the afternoon wit Scotty and Colly.

Poor Michael Richardson, he never looked comfortable and played a couple of very undignified looking shots - stretching while not moving his feet an pushing his backside out.

On the other hand colly looked good straight away and you could see a century being on the cards after 20 runs or so.

Kyle Coetzer got a nice hand when he came onto bowl.

Colly is just unbelievable, I know the attacks in county cricket are poor, but to be in this form at his age is brilliant. How many runs does he have this year, anyone know?

Reckon we will have a quick hit tomorrow morning, just to get their batters a bit disrupted then let this new lad have a bowl

Colly is just unbelievable, I know the attacks in county cricket are poor, but to be in this form at his age is brilliant. How many runs does he have this year, anyone know?

Reckon we will have a quick hit tomorrow morning, just to get their batters a bit disrupted then let this new lad have a bowl
858 in the championship

good read chaps. i think we can force a result if the weather allows

Don't want to be throwing away a bonus point mate. We still have second place to play for.;)

:lol: i'd sooner give us time for the win than get 1 extra batting point.. if we can't get them out for 200 or so we won't have enough time in the game left, i'd have said once colly had his century everyone just go in to smash it past 350/360 as quick as possible then declare, might have got afew overs at them but possibly not anyway....

:lol: i'd sooner give us time for the win than get 1 extra batting point.. if we can't get them out for 200 or so we won't have enough time in the game left, i'd have said once colly had his century everyone just go in to smash it past 350/360 as quick as possible then declare, might have got afew overs at them but possibly not anyway....

We only need 38 runs, so just have a bash. Probably get out anyway. In these conditions and if the pitch is doing a bit, I am confident we can skittle them, but we probably need to have them following on so the extra runs will come in handy.

We only need 38 runs, so just have a bash. Probably get out anyway. In these conditions and if the pitch is doing a bit, I am confident we can skittle them, but we probably need to have them following on so the extra runs will come in handy.

at this point now i would go for 400 as winning looks very unlikely but at the stage i posted i still hoped for enough game time left to win. obviously we need to make them follow on but as i said if we can't get them out for under 200 twice we probably won't have enough time to win anyhow so 350-380 should be enough to get us a shot at winning given the time...

We'll do well to force he win from here. We'd need to bowl them out cheaply and get them to follow on.

I'd bat on for the last batting point and raising the follow on target. But this will change depending upon the start time.

We'll do well to force he win from here. We'd need to bowl them out cheaply and get them to follow on.

I'd bat on for the last batting point and raising the follow on target. But this will change depending upon the start time.
Doesn't look good at the minute. Slightly lighter than Monday, but still too dark to play - especially with the prospect of our new player pinging 90 mph plus balls at the oppo ;)

Knew you were telling the truth, just interesting about where you sit in a ground can change your view on a delivery.

Colly gone 332/7[/Q
No worries, didn't want to sound defensive. The view from behind the bowlers arm is bound to give a different perspective from side on and I appreciate that.

Hoorah! Play to resume at 11:05 and only one over left ...... Gerrin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back