LVCC - Durham v Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
So the small matter of a four day game to negotiate in the week before Lords......

Quite expected to see some changes with us now safe in the division and the final in mind.

Not too much difference in the squad from previous games though. Expected debut for Aaron. Could be interesting to see him on. Can bowl with genuine pace as his performances in the Test Matches showed.

Paul Collingwood*
Mark Stoneman
Keaton Jennings
Scott Borthwickw
Michael Richardson+
Ben Stokes
Varun Aaron
Gordon Muchall
Calum MacLeod
Paul Coughlin
Chris Rushworthce
Peter Chase
Gareth Breese

Looking forward to the final home game of the season with the lads seemingly playing with a carefree outlook following last weeks win. Trying to enjoy the last lickings of the cricketing summer.

We're 1/3, they're 6/5.

With the team on a great run of form at the moment and this being in the week before we attempt to lift a 5th major trophy, I am looking for another solid performance and another championship win to take the team to Lords on a high. Ridiculously, we could still finish 3rd or even 2nd in the championship so still plenty to play for and if we could do that and lift the one day cup then the doom and gloom of most of the season will look a little premature and the season will go down in the books as a roaring success.

Has anyone checked the weather as that is always likely to come into play at this time of year although results are always possible at CLS even in a rain affected game.

Looking at it optimistically there shouldn't be too much (if any) interruption. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Chester-le-street

Good stuff. With the current form of the two sides its hard to see anything other than a Durham win, but its never that simple is it? Hope the lads don't take their eye off the ball and start dreaming about Lords. A good finish in the championship is in my book, the single most important thing and shows the real standing of the club against its peers.

Presumably Varun Aarun will get a good workout which will be good as presumably (again) he'll be playing at the weekend.

Presumably Varun Aarun will get a good workout which will be good as presumably (again) he'll be playing at the weekend.
He's not eligible for the final-overseas players have to have played in a group stage game to be eligible for the final apparently. Hope Colonel's absence is just a precaution.

Richardson made it clear he wanted to bat at no4 when he kept wicket against Notts, would imagine he will want to bat there again especially as he is close to 1000 championship runs. I can't see them having Muchall at n07 and Macleod at no8 against Northants.

Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Scott Borthwick, Michael Richardson+, Ben Stokes, Paul Collingwood*,
Gordon Muchall/Calum MacLeod
Paul Coughlin, Varun Aaron, Chris Rushworth, Peter Chase

my prediction is a straight fight between muchy and macleod for who misses out along with breese but with aaron being a proper number 11 iirc we have tried batting really deep recently so possibl both in with chase missing out? that would be harsh on him but it would be a long tail with aaron, rushy & chase all in...

Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Scott Borthwick, Michael Richardson+, Ben Stokes, Paul Collingwood*,
Gordon Muchall/Calum MacLeod
Paul Coughlin, Varun Aaron, Chris Rushworth, Peter Chase

my prediction is a straight fight between muchy and macleod for who misses out along with breese but with aaron being a proper number 11 iirc we have tried batting really deep recently so possibl both in with chase missing out? that would be harsh on him but it would be a long tail with aaron, rushy & chase all in...
Well, if that's the case Breese can get the drinks in :lol:

Looking outside this morning leads me to beleive we could have a delayed start.......

Roads sodden in Gateshead and this mist won't dry it up.

Good stuff. With the current form of the two sides its hard to see anything other than a Durham win, but its never that simple is it? Hope the lads don't take their eye off the ball and start dreaming about Lords. A good finish in the championship is in my book, the single most important thing and shows the real standing of the club against its peers.

Are you saying you'd rather win today than at Lords? :eek:

Pitch Inspecion at 10.30am. Think it's fair to say with absolute certainty that if there's any play before Linch it'll be a win the toss and bowl first kind of day!

Middlesex have won the toss and decided to field at Taunton........

Last edited:
Well here we are at the Riverside - covers have been cleared and there's three vehicles in the outfield mopping up, though two are now disappearing off the grass. No announcements yet, and the members area is more packed than it has ever been! Looks like it could be fish and chips for lunch and a couple of Pedigree's ..... bit early for a snifter, but feel that drink may be my main preoccupation of the morning ........ at least the Umpires are out there ......

Covers back on and coming up to 11:30 and still no announcements ..... Not looking good with all the mist either :cry:

Just had an announcement "The umpires are monitoring the situation". Really helpful like ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back