Lets cut our losses with Connor Wickham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still has an awful lot to do to prove he can hack it in the Premier League.
Far from an awful lot, the lad has ALWAYS shown good movement and nous with positioning, his application at times has been sub par but just look at the whole team from last season, big portions their application was not there. Wickham has bags and bags of potential, we need to find a way to tap in to that and he'll prove why we paid the £8M-£12M fee for him.

I'd be starting with him up front over Fletcher personally.

Good young player who needs confidence, he's got it now.
I think he will be a great player, give the lad a new contract.
Will play for England 1 day, although at the moment that's not exactly difficult.
But isn't that his problem - over confidence? Charlie big potatoes before he had achieved anything.

But isn't that his problem - over confidence? Charlie big potatoes before he had achieved anything.

Over confidence is Bendtner !
He's just had somebody place some confidence in him & look how he performed. A couple of hard arsed centre halfs will knock that pretty boy image out of him, I would of thought a confident centre forward is what we have been searching for...

I'd take £5-6m now so long as we got a replacement in, added to the fact I'm not very confident in the club tying him to a new contract. Who knows what we'd get if it goes to a tribunal

If he didnt sign a contract and improved this season he would be away at the end of the season anyway. The risk is to accept say £5m now if he doesnt sign a new contract or get another season out of him and let a tribunal decide the fee.
I know but we can't just be getting rid of our goalscorers. I am not sure he would go tbh as he has only been linked with Southampton and Leicester. Probs get £5m minimum from tribunal anyway

Connor Wickham is not what our club needs

Even his father is spouting shite

If any of the knackers who has replied to this thread thinks he will score 8 goals or more this season just let me know

If any of the knackers who has replied to this thread thinks he will score 8 goals or more this season just let me know
Easily he'd score 8 this season. How do you know his Father is spouting shite? Surely his Father is in a much better position to comment on the future of his son than you are?

i think he'll score more than 8 tbh

Because if my son played for SAFC i wouldnt be on twitter spouting shite about the club

He is a total f***ing embarassment

What do you base this on though?
Well done for you having a different stance to a completely different person! How very individual of you!

The only embarrassment is you mate.

Classic SMB post & all that is wrong with this place.

Ok

So why is *his father* complaining on twitter?
Because no doubt "fans" like you are tweeting him telling him to get Connor to sign or fuck off, or that if Connor doesn't sign then he's shit etc. At some point poor Mr Wickham is gonna snap at the clueless fuckwits, not only that Gus has been pretty vocal in telling Wickham to sign of be sold, not exactly fair if the facts don't match up?

I think he is absolute gash and cant even control the ball

thread bumper extrodinaire @Mrjardine feel free to do your duty come next may
Do yourself a favour and actually watch football and learn about it?! Wickham has VERY good control, he's probably our best forward with the ball at his feet.

Because no doubt "fans" like you are tweeting him telling him to get Connor to sign or fuck off, or that if Connor doesn't sign then he's shit etc. At some point poor Mr Wickham is gonna snap at the clueless fuckwits, not only that Gus has been pretty vocal in telling Wickham to sign of be sold, not exactly fair if the facts don't match up?

f***ing hell :lol:

Try and get 1-2 million and move the lad on

Yeah thanks for the goals at the end of last season but he is far from the quality we need to get the goals to push us away from the bottom half of the league

Championship player in my eyes
And sign who? We can't even get a decent striker now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back