Kevin Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course he's had some decent games. However that's 6 games in 5 years that he's overseen terrible decisions. He genuinely doesn't have a good overall record in our matches.

You could go through every ref in the country mate,and certain fans will not rate them because of decisions made against their club,that does not mean that ref is a bad ref,because them fans are biased in their view.

Proper opinions and debates need to be unbiased to hold creditability IMO.

So you have Sunderland fans feeling hard done by for the sending off of Catts, though the Sunderland manager thought it was fair, and the Portsmouth manager feeling that his team were hard done by, although no worse than they had been in other games.

Who'd be a referee?

After the 2010 World Cup Final on another website you had 50% of fans slating Howard Webb for been for too soft and letting players get away with murder while the other 50% were saying he was card happy and over the top for giving out 14 yellow cards and a red.

You are right whatever a ref does he can't win.

Last edited:
Sorry if Seb but Friends first ever premiership Red card was Lorik Cana of Sunderland.

And is was as clear a red card as you will find
It was a second yellow actually, but that was not the point I was trying to make

Someone should get a Ref poll going...

Personally I dislike Mariner and Mason over Friend. Don't mind when we're assigned Phil Dowd for some reason.
At one time I thought Mike Dean was the pits but one of us has matured

It was a second yellow actually, but that was not the point I was trying to make

What point were you making then?

Translates as once upon a time he had some bad games reffing us but has then went on to have some good ganes reffing us ;)

Friend has excellent games when he reffed us against Man City when Ji scored and in a game against arsenal. Were you not at them games?

I was not at the Arsenal game -which was a pity as I would have liked to see him ref well -if only for the novelty factor. With regards to Man city game everything paled into insignificance that day

And is was as clear a red card as you will find

The only clear red card for a Sunderland player I have seen was Dossena v Hull. In my opinion.

If people came on here and said Friend has been poor against Sunderland then that is fair enough as they have watched them games and have a informed opinion about him.

However all the people especially @ wicketkeeper who keep saying he is shit,useless etc can't possibly know how good a ref he is,because the simple fact is they will have not seen enough of his games to have a informed opinion it is really that simple.

I still can't get my head round the fact that people who have watched 5 % of his performances think they know better than the people who have every performance at their fingertips

I would have thought that was common sense but begin to question yourself with discussing things on here

What is this 'especially wicketkeeper' mullarkey I have only joined the debate late and there have been far more people expressing more forthright opinions than me.

All I said was that there is usually a debate like this before Marriner and Friend ref us and usually those who forecast they will be inept are proved correct and those who defend them are left with egg on their faces. Saturday might be different -I genuinely hope so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back