Kevin Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you admit Kevin Friend is incompetent? Evidence includes the Brown send off, the failure to punish for the Gordon injury and the penalty from outside the box. Not corrupt, incompetent. Agree or not? And in the work place incompetent people in authority are let go.

What about his other 200 games over the same period surely we have to know how he has performed in them to decide whether incompetent or not,and if he has performed well in them then no of course he is not incompetent.

If I mention a player who has made 3 bad mistakes does that make him shit? Or will you look at his other performances before deciding

You've already accepted they cheat, what exactly are you arguing about

I have tried to be fair minded and seen some of your points,but some other people just speaking total crap IMO

Last edited:

Absolute nonsense, I always say when I think a ref gets it wrong but I will not have all this 'shite, cheat corrupt etc etc 'labeled at them when all they are doing is making honest mistakes. Every single piece of evidence points to that the job is simply to hard to do yet still people can't help but abuse these people

Players makes mistake for his team = these things happen, he didn't mean it, part of the game

Ref makes mistake= useless twat, the bloke should be sacked, he is totally incompetent

Its simply not fair

You are a joke of a poster and dont even warrant a response. Do you not get sick of constantly embarrassing yourself on here with you pure drivel

I'm a joke. I tell you what look through this thread and are the vast majority agreeing with my sentiments or yours?

Is it me or you who the vast majority of posters are decrying?

I'm a joke. I tell you what look through this thread and are the vast majority agreeing with my sentiments or yours?

Is it me or you who the vast majority of posters are decrying? You resort to personal attacks when you are clearly losing the argument.

What about his other 200 games over the same period surely we have to know how he has performed in them to decide whether incompetent or not,and if he has performed well in them then no of course he is not incompetent.

If I mention a player who has made 3 bad mistakes does that make him shit? Or will you look at his other performances before deciding

I have tried to be fair minded and seen some of your points,but some other people just speaking total crap IMO

You are losing the argument big time on here and you are resorting to personal abuse.

The irony is go on a big clubs fand forum and they will also say refs are against them

Why is that I hear everybody ask?

Its because football fans in the main are biased arseholes who remember bad decisions for an eternity and forgot about good ones in a heartbeat

That must be right we have obviously all forgotten all the brilliant decisions Marriner and Friend have made in our games.

Think that is the problem mate,a refs good games don't offset his bad games like a player,fans only remember the bad games

Let's get this straight are you saying that last week Poyet could have thought would tactics he would use against Chelsea,but then once the ref is announced could change them tactics depending on who the ref is.

Surely not?

That just a blatant lie in all the 40 years I have known you,you have never admitted you have got it wrong:D

So there is no chance of you starting now:lol:

We will see. I will be very glad to admit I was wrong if Friend has the first good game I
Think that is the problem mate,a refs good games don't offset his bad games like a player,fans only remember the bad games

Let's get this straight are you saying that last week Poyet could have thought would tactics he would use against Chelsea,but then once the ref is announced could change them tactics depending on who the ref is.

Surely not?

That just a blatant lie in all the 40 years I have known you,you have never admitted you have got it wrong:D

So there is no chance of you starting now:lol:

We will see. I will be glad to admit I'm wrong if Friend has the first good game I have ever seen him ref. Remember we both saw one of his firs games in the premiership and I recall telling you he was going to be rubbish. If I remember Gary Rowell described his performance as one of the worst he had ever seen.

Last edited:
Common sense mate,every single week it proves without a shadow of a doubt it is too difficult for the human eye,so IMO if mistakes are made in the next 3 games that will prove my point not yours,which is refs need help not slagging off.

So let's get this straight...

If Friend has a good or even uneventful match you're right, and if he has a poor match you're right.

I like how you stack your dice mate ;)

So let's get this straight...

If Friend has a good or even uneventful match you're right, and if he has a poor match you're right.

I like how you stack your dice mate ;)

Seriously mate as I have said a thousand times it is overall performances that matter not a one off game,if costa,hazard both have horrendous games on Saturday they will still be class players.

Seriously mate as I have said a thousand times it is overall performances that matter not a one off game,if costa,hazard both have horrendous games on Saturday they will still be class players.

Will not be on here if he has good game on Saturday because that will prove nothing especially if he has 5 bad games following that,would defines a good ref and a good player IMO is their long term overall performances not their games against us,surely people can understand that concept.

If he has his best or worst game ever on Saturday that proves nothing,his long term performances do.

Last edited:

You are losing the argument big time on here and you are resorting to personal abuse.

That must be right we have obviously all forgotten all the brilliant decisions Marriner and Friend have made in our games.

We will see. I will be very glad to admit I was wrong if Friend has the first good game I

We will see. I will be glad to admit I'm wrong if Friend has the first good game I have ever seen him ref. Remember we both saw one of his firs games in the premiership and I recall telling you he was going to be rubbish. If I remember Gary Rowell described his performance as one of the worst he had ever seen.

Friend has excellent games when he reffed us against Man City when Ji scored and in a game against arsenal. Were you not at them games?

Friend has excellent games when he reffed us against Man City when Ji scored and in a game against arsenal. Were you not at them games?

:lol: no the man city game was not an 'excellent' performance by friend! YOU said he fucked up big time but we benefitted! You can't have it both ways, either he's class all the time or he's not.

Was joking mate,when said you never admit you wrong hence the smilies.

Anyway just to clarify once again,there is no need for
you to admit you are wrong if he has good game on Saturday,as you may be proved right if later on if he is dropped from the Premier League for bad performances then you would be 100% right!

Just as there would be no need for me to say I was wrong if he had a bad game,as in the future he may be good enough for better things.

I have never once said I personally think Friend is a good ref,because I have sense to know I have not seen him enough to make such a comment,what I have said is the people who have his every performance at their fingertips (experts in the field) have decided he is good enough for one of the best leagues in the world,therefore common sense and logic suggests he must be good.

Like players,ref performances and standards are rightly judged over a period of time and a period of games,not their performances against Sunderland.

Do you think that right? do you understand that concept?

If people came on here and said Friend has been poor against Sunderland then that is fair enough as they have watched them games and have a informed opinion about him.

However all the people especially @ wicketkeeper who keep saying he is shit,useless etc can't possibly know how good a ref he is,because the simple fact is they will have not seen enough of his games to have a informed opinion it is really that simple.

I still can't get my head round the fact that people who have watched 5 % of his performances think they know better than the people who have every performance at their fingertips

I would have thought that was common sense but begin to question yourself with discussing things on here

Last edited:
Jesus wept. Is this thread STILL going. These two lads are like Duracell bunnies :lol:

Didn't realise that was also friend. Another shocker in his games against us then.

It was the linesman that missed a half a yard offside. I really fail to see how that is the refs fault ;)

So that is two games Friend has reffed perfectly reasonable against us. ;)

It was a fairly slow build up, Friend should have got himself into a decent position. Not only is he useless, he's lazy anarl. ;)

in Friends defence, the Wes Brown red card was mainly down to Adams and Stokes bench massive overreaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back