Kevin Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fairly slow build up, Friend should have got himself into a decent position. Not only is he useless, he's lazy anarl. ;)

There is a post on page 4 or 5 of the thread which lists all the games he has reffed us in the past 3-4 year. Apart from the obvious Brown and Mensah ones which were shocking decisions most of the others passed off without major incidents iirc

See what I mean about perfectly reasonable games getting forgotten about straight away and bad ones remembered for ever eh ;)

in Friends defence, the Wes Brown red card was mainly down to Adams and Stokes bench massive overreaction

It was possibly the worst rer card I have seem tbh. It was a shocking decision

There is a post on page 4 or 5 of the thread which lists all the games he has reffed us in the past 3-4 year. Apart from the obvious Brown and Mensah ones which were shocking decisions most of the others passed off without major incidents iirc

See what I mean about perfectly reasonable games getting forgotten about straight away and bad ones remembered for ever eh ;)

Not at all. All his listed incidents in this thread is a shocking return for just a 5 year period mate.

We're never going to agree on this mind. Although I'm right ;)

Of course it's not, can you name me a single ref in the world who hasn't made a number of huge fuck ups this past few year?

I can't name you one who has made more errors in this time against the lads though either. Can you? Find me a ref who has been even worse for us and I can start a new thread :lol:;)

Not at all. All his listed incidents in this thread is a shocking return for just a 5 year period mate.

We're never going to agree on this mind. Although I'm right ;)

Simple question mate,do you accept in his career he must have got a hell of a lot of decisions right to make it to the top of his profession?

And if not how do you think personally he has getting as far as the premier league?

Yes but lets not forget it's us who are right ;)

Well as you're in the right if the ref has a good game, bad game or indifferent, and throwing in the measure of blaming players, fans and linesmen too, you're onto a winner really :lol:

Simple question mate,do you accept in his career he must have got a hell of a lot of decisions right to make it to the top of his profession?

And if not how do you think personally he has getting as far as the premier league?

He must have. However as a top flight ref he's made a lot of terrible errors in a short space of games against us. He must be impeccable in the other 90% ;)

It's been proved on this thread he has has some perfectly reasonable games when reffing Sunderland matches dispite what numerous posters tried to claim earlier in the thread

Well as you're in the right if the ref has a good game, bad game or indifferent, and throwing in the measure of blaming players, fans and linesmen too, you're onto a winner really :lol:

He must have. However as a top flight ref he's made a lot of terrible errors in a short space of games against us. He must be impeccable in the other 90% ;)

Not just agaisnt us marra

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/everton-fc-roberto-martinez-blasts-7886349

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nd-performance-Aston-Villas-loss-Chelsea.html

It's been proved on this thread he has has some perfectly reasonable games when reffing Sunderland matches dispite what numerous posters tried to claim earlier in the thread

Yeah but you already said mate good games are forgotten only bad ones are remembered.

If a ref this weekend has the best performance by a ref this season nobody will know about it.

However if a ref makes one big mistake with internet and radio phone ins the whole world knows about it by 5 10.

Refs do not have the opportunity to offset their bad performances with good performances as generally people take no notice of their good performances unlike players.

Take Cattermole for example he is slowly but surely getting rid of his thug reputation by putting in disciplined good performances,however if Marriner and Friend are the best performing refs in the country for the next 6 months,that will make no difference to Sunderland fans next time we have them.

Again, can you name me a ref who has all perfectly reasonable games when he refs?

No. I've never claimed every ref is perfect. That's your argument ;)

However you've also got to admit that Friend's record against is bad. Surely you're not disputing that are you??

Yeah but you already said mate good games are forgotten only bad ones are remembered.

If a ref this weekend has the best performance by a ref this season nobody will know about it.

However if a ref makes one big mistake with internet and radio phone ins the whole world knows about it by 5 10.

Refs do not have the opportunity to offset their bad performances with good performances as generally people take no notice of their good performances unlike players.

Take Cattermole for example he is slowly but surely getting rid of his thug reputation by putting in disciplined good performances,however if Marriner and Friend are the best performing refs in the country for the next 6 months,that will make no difference to Sunderland fans next time we have them.

Spot on mate, we will continue to fight the good fight comrade

LADS LADS LADS. FFS. YOU'D DEFEND A CAT WITH MILK ON HIS WHISKERS HERE.

All this thread was about, is a ref who has been poor in a load of his matches against Sunderland. We're now on page 12.

It's been proven by hard facts that he's had some absolute mares in a short period of time. End of thread for me :lol:

However you've also got to admit that Friend's record against is bad. Surely you're not disputing that are you??

He has made a couple of shocking decisions and you will not find me defending them no where. But it has also been proven that despite what you and others were claiming earlier in the thread he has also had some games reffing Sunderland which have been perfectly reasonable referring performances right?

I am glad you are starting to see common sense mate,refs like Rennie,Durso and Attwell have been dropped from the premier league before,common sense tells me their overall performance was not up to scratch so deserved to be dropped,no ref should be immune from criticism as long as it is constructive and unbiased.

People can quote as many as they like isolated one off incidents of mistakes Friend has done.however nothing will change my belief that it is overall performances that matter and if Friend gets dropped from the premier league because of consistent bad performances then of course he will not be of the required standard that's makes sense to me.

I could quote many many mistakes David James and Titus Bramble made,a lot more than Kevin Friend had,however their overall performance dictated that one was a England Goalkeeper! and another a premier league regular.

Once again proving it is overall performance that counts not isolated mistakes.

I know that was not directed at me mate,but I will admit to you his record against Sunderland is bad,as long as you admit common sense dictates he most be a good ref overall to be in the top 15 in the country.

He has made a couple of shocking decisions and you will not find me defending them no where. But it has also been proven that despite what you and others were claiming earlier in the thread he has also had some games reffing Sunderland which have been perfectly reasonable referring performances right?

Of course he's had some decent games. However that's 6 games in 5 years that he's overseen terrible decisions. He genuinely doesn't have a good overall record in our matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back