Just reading a Leicester forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing how many Leicester experts we have here plus the usual bullshit about fluking the league.

If you know your football, then you will know what areas need strengthening.

The key areas for us was centre back, right back and midfield.

So after losing Kante, we signed Nampalys Mendy who has been injured since the first game of the season, that left us with 3 fit midfielders.

We signed no right back cover and only 1 centre half.

That is why the fans are upset, the recruitment has been shocking.

We bought Kapustka, who will never get a look in because we already have Albrighton,Schlupp,Musa and Demari Gray who play down the left hand side.

The last 3 games our best player this season gets Danny Drinkwater gets banned , that leaves a vastly inexperienced Amartey and a very average Andy King pulling the strings, no wonder teams was licking there lips.

And that is why we have been pretty crap all season.

You were lucky. All the usual suspects were in transition. City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea all have new managers.
You got the momentum and credit to Ranieri had a system that worked. You will now disappear back to mid table mediocrity and relegation within five years. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish ahead of you this season.
;)

My fondest hope is they add to their legendary status by getting relegated this season. Money on Big Sam arriving in the New Year?
No no no...I hope not....How about winning the Champions league & getting relegated with the Champions of Europe playing with Newcastle next season making a right good mockery of Football

:lol:

This place man

What they did last year was brilliant, absolutely astonishing really. And it broke the boring dominance of about 4 clubs.

They were never going to repeat it, they will stay up mind and probably finish mid table as we thought they would at the start of the season.

Would we react to Ranieri in the same way? Course we would. Everyone forgets the past and thinks short term in football now. Look at the handful of ITKrs on here who don't like SKP because of his last season
Tidied for you I believe the expression is.

Without reading the full thread. I was listening to five live phone in on way back on Saturday and one Leicester fan was on saying Ranieri wasn't working. And said could go for Ian Dowie! Was being dead serious too

Without reading the full thread. I was listening to five live phone in on way back on Saturday and one Leicester fan was on saying Ranieri wasn't working. And said could go for Ian Dowie! Was being dead serious too

I heard that, I was convinced the call was from a *rival fan, bit like the mags that get on here talking shit about safc

*who are their rivals by the way, derby, florist ?

Amazing how many Leicester experts we have here plus the usual bullshit about fluking the league.

If you know your football, then you will know what areas need strengthening.

The key areas for us was centre back, right back and midfield.

So after losing Kante, we signed Nampalys Mendy who has been injured since the first game of the season, that left us with 3 fit midfielders.

We signed no right back cover and only 1 centre half.

That is why the fans are upset, the recruitment has been shocking.

We bought Kapustka, who will never get a look in because we already have Albrighton,Schlupp,Musa and Demari Gray who play down the left hand side.

The last 3 games our best player this season gets Danny Drinkwater gets banned , that leaves a vastly inexperienced Amartey and a very average Andy King pulling the strings, no wonder teams was licking there lips.

And that is why we have been pretty crap all season.

I genuinely believe that at some point there will be some kind of revelation that will explain how you won the league.
On balance, it is easier to believe that something foul was at play than to believe some of your players could naturally raise themselves to the level required to win the league over a whole season.

Believe it or not, I think we would. We'd be no different to others when having tasted it, we didn't kick on and build a dynasty! On a smaller scale, look at the outrage when Gus never played the full side v Hull in the cup to give us the best chance of another Wembley day out (possibly two!).
Also, our fans were a a f***ing nightmare after the two seventh place seasons, so if we won a title the SOL would be an awful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back