Just reading a Leicester forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said before this season they were a contender for relegation and Ranieri would get peddled before the end of it.

Still can't believe what happened to them last year actually did,the impossible happened.

It was inevitable they were never going to get anywhere near what they did last season.

However Leiecster f***ing City are in the last 16 of the Champions League!!! and some fans are moaning:confused:

Last season was a freak, the like of which we will never see again in our lifetimes. A bottom half premier league team with 4 very good players winning the league.

After selling Kante, now they're a bottom half premier league team with 3 very good players, one who is injured, the other who might have been a one-season wonder, and the third who looks like he doesn't want to be there anymore.
Good summary! Saves me typing.

They should look at the players not the manager. After 10mins I felt we had them. We chased and battled for every ball a bit like Leicester last year. But they didn't want any of it yesterday. Moyes got it spot on with Kone and Papy at the back but Vardy didn't look interested and Slimani was ineffective. The midfield was weak and Moyes deserves credit for bringing on Kirchoff and Larsson. Again they didn't want to get involved in a battle.

They should look at the players not the manager. After 10mins I felt we had them. We chased and battled for every ball a bit like Leicester last year. But they didn't want any of it yesterday. Moyes got it spot on with Kone and Papy at the back but Vardy didn't look interested and Slimani was ineffective. The midfield was weak and Moyes deserves credit for bringing on Kirchoff and Larsson. Again they didn't want to get involved in a battle.

I don't be directed anger at Maghreb rather than Ranieri. What a disgrace yesterday. Gave PVA freedom of the left wing and didn't even look that interested when they had the ball. Looks like he's eying up a January move.

Believe it or not, I think we would. We'd be no different to others when having tasted it, we didn't kick on and build a dynasty! On a smaller scale, look at the outrage when Gus never played the full side v Hull in the cup to give us the best chance of another Wembley day out (possibly two!).

Good point.....its pretty obvious that Leicesters squad cannot handle the demands of the Champions league and its leaving them below par in the prem....its why clubs with small squads always struggle after a successful season when in Europe...look what happened to Fulham

Fluke last season, incredible fluke, nothing more nothing less... Vardy 4 goals the season before, Huth average at Stoke, Boro etc, Wes Morgan championship calibre for 10 years, Albrighton no better than decent, released by Villa. No mystery just a fluke.

Fluke last season, incredible fluke, nothing more nothing less... Vardy 4 goals the season before, Huth average at Stoke, Boro etc, Wes Morgan championship calibre for 10 years, Albrighton no better than decent, released by Villa. No mystery just a fluke.
I wouldn't say it was a fluke at all mate. A one-off, yes, a flash-in-the-pan? Definitely, but never a fluke. It was almost total domination. Fluke suggests luck. It was unstoppable and just in case we ever needed reminding of the magnitude of the achievement, the perceived fall from the top and current struggle is doing just that.

Personally I think the whole club needs investigating for dopping e.g. Performance enhancing drugs.
They were utterly shite yesterday and have been this season so far.
For that team to win the league last season, there's clearly been drugs involved.
Just saying...

I wouldn't say it was a fluke at all mate. A one-off, yes, a flash-in-the-pan? Definitely, but never a fluke. It was almost total domination. Fluke suggests luck. It was unstoppable and just in case we ever needed reminding of the magnitude of the achievement, the perceived fall from the top and current struggle is doing just that.

A fluke is a lucky or improbable occurrence, with the implication that the occurrence could not be repeated.

They played well last season, but there was a lot of luck involved. The fact that all the top sides had an awful year leaving only Spurs to challenge them for starters.

Believe it or not, I think we would. We'd be no different to others when having tasted it, we didn't kick on and build a dynasty! On a smaller scale, look at the outrage when Gus never played the full side v Hull in the cup to give us the best chance of another Wembley day out (possibly two!).
I'm still bitter about that tbh.

Drugs mate, nee fucker just avoids relegation by the skin of the teeth. Wins the premier league and then ends up in a relegation battle again.
Look at the owner man!! He's clearly shifty as fuck

Still the most amazing thing ever. That's the thing for me. They walked it in the end as they met every challenge and watched the others falter.

Me granda would have telt me there was a rabbit away. :lol:

Aye, bitter it wasn't us:lol: at least I am. Hundreds and hundreds of away games and not a solitary trophy. Even the smoggies got a league cup win ;)

Last edited:
In answer to the op, yes our fans would do the same. People on here would be wanting a change after a couple of matches and gradually it would start happening at the stadium.

Re Leicester, I think they should just stick another midfielder in, they are losing the midfield now that Kante has gone.

What annoys me more is the fact they're the Champions and they couldn't sell out their allocation on a Saturday to a place relatively near them in terms of the Premier League aswell
But will sell thousands to the glory fans (inc Leicester Fan) to go watch them in Europe. As for the OP all clubs have these type of fans. If we won the league next season but got knocked out of the Champions League and were mid-table by the following Christmas there would be fans wanting the head of the manager.
It is the case of never being happy with what you have, always wanting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back