Jawdee aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're being ridiculous. Mackems never "moved in" they inherited the club and a newer, more apt, identity that fitted the city and people. The fact is Mackems are not Geordies, and Geordies are no longer Welsh.. best to look forward and not always backwards.

In all seriousness, part of the problem here is that most people from Tyneside still see the term Mackem as derogatory, the irony is that it is not at all insulting to the people who it is aimed at. When a Newcastle supporting Geordie refers to you as a Mackem because you support SAFC and you react negativly you're only feeding the same vicious circle, a circle inherently puts dividers through our support.

In a practical sense, Sunderland will only move more and more towards being labelled a Mackem club, as hard as it is for some of the older fellas to accept it's the harsh truth, you won't live forever but Sunderland being a Mackem club will certainly outlive any memory of it being a Geordie one.

:(

Quite simply..... Fantastic

The people from Sunderland are always welcome to cross the border to visit the Academy.
Unlike the folks from North Tyneside.......stay out of my postcode marra

Like "the Mackems" did at Roker Park in 80 / 90's........

Must boil ya piss, that we filled ya ground, humped ya bewers at Genieves and then also provided employment to pay for ya blue pop.......

None of this happened

1972 my first game. I have walked to Roker from Shields , closer than a lot of places in Sunderland. The previous training ground was in Tyneside as well. It is my local club but you are welcome to watch them as well, son
It is now that your home town club has failed.

I know I'm welcome marra.....born and raised in the shadow of the roker end.......it's my birthright :cool::cool::cool::cool:

[QUOTE="Boris Bear, post:

None of this happened
[/QUOTE]

Course not, we've butchered more mackem snatch than there's pound shops in ya city centre

Unlike the folks from North Tyneside.......stay out of my postcode marra

None of this happened

It is now that your home town club has failed.

I know I'm welcome marra.....born and raised in the shadow of the roker end.......it's my birthright :cool::cool::cool::cool:
No I was born closer to Sunderland s ground than Shields but in South Tyneside. I was born a Sunderland supporter. If only the people from Sunderland went to the games the crowd would be tiny, and fickle

No I was born closer to Sunderland s ground than Shields but in South Tyneside. I was born a Sunderland supporter. If only the people from Sunderland went to the games the crowd would be tiny, and fickle
Correct.

If only the south Tyneside fans went then we would lose our team and it would move to Peterlee :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sunderland is my club. I'm from South Shields. Hence I am a Geordie.
Shameful that you don't support shields.

I support my home town club

If only more people from Sunderland went, there would be no more stupid attendance threads.

I don't mind geordie safc fans tbh, good on them in fact. But geordie safc fans with a real bad attitude and feeling towards sunderland and its people, can fuck right off tbh. Do yourself a favour and support a club, from a place and people you like then. Must hurt you deep down to support a club, where you dislike everything surrounding it.
I haven't been derogatory about Sunderland people but some of your fellow Sunderland people on here haven't done you any favours mate.

I haven't been derogatory about Sunderland people but some of your fellow Sunderland people on here haven't done you any favours mate.

Not sure like, your comment that Sunderland's support from Sunderland is small and fickle could be considered derogatory.

Theres been a few others though mate and it just causes the friction. I know other geordie safc fans who look down on mackems and they might as well be mags if they think like that imo. My love for safc, is just as much as it is because its where I'm from, I grew up, where I belong and that conection between the club and my home. Not knocking geordie safc fans mind, I know some are very loyal, just the wankers who have very "mag" like opinions on sunderland and mackems.

Fwiw, I'm 34 so hardly a bairn and I wouldn't of had the slightest clue, we had the numbers of geordie fans unless I came on here. Shows how much that was popular, especially to the more sunderland based fans of years gone by. My dad was from grindon and is in his mid 60's now. He wouldn't stand for anyone calling him a geordie and would go out of his way to correct anyone who did.

Theres been a few others though mate and it just causes the friction. I know other geordie safc fans who look down on mackems and they might as well be mags if they think like that imo. My love for safc, is just as much as it is because its where I'm from, I grew up, where I belong and that conection between the club and my home. Not knocking geordie safc fans mind, I know some are very loyal, just the wankers who have very "mag" like opinions on sunderland and mackems.

Fwiw, I'm 34 so hardly a bairn and I wouldn't of had the slightest clue, we had the numbers of geordie fans unless I came on here. Shows how much that was popular, especially to the more sunderland based fans of years gone by. My dad was from grindon and is in his mid 60's now. He wouldn't stand for anyone calling him a geordie and would go out of his way to correct anyone who did.

My Dad passed away last year aged 71..........he would have brayed anyone who called him a Geordie. Throughout his '3 score and 10' years he was a Mackem throughout. But the Geordies invented us thought didn't they.........:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back