jack colback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying colback a superstar but we lost a 5 mill asset for free, replaced him with worse and he would currently walk into our side.
Not one positive has come from him leaving.
That's what happens with freedom of contract, we got Pantilimon on a free and he is now an asset for us

Yes, I agree with that totally. However, if we had kept him we'd still be struggling and if we want to be a top 8 team we would need better players than him - and there's no doubt there'd be plenty on here screaming that. He's a decent lower half premier player and for that we should have got £5M for him.
And there lies the problem.
We can't just expect to go from constant relegation battles to top 8 overnight.
Colback isn't a top 8 player but he's a premier league player who can play games and do a job. Don't replace that with championship players which we have done.

3 goals and 2 assists in 28 games for us last season, 30 games 0 goals and 0 assists the season before aye he's a huge loss
we played him at full back or holding mid you galloping balloon. how many did alonso get?, suppose he hasnt been a miss either:rolleyes:

we played him at full back or holding mid you galloping balloon. how many did alonso get?, suppose he hasnt been a miss either:rolleyes:
How many game did he play left back last season you f***ing dickhead ? Also are left backs not allowed to score or assist

That's what happens with freedom of contract, we got Pantilimon on a free and he is now an asset for us
Yes but city have Joe Hart so pants wasn't really missed.
Colback was a certain starter for us and we replaced him with inferior players.
5m to city isn't a great deal in grand scheme of things but for us it's important.
Shocking from the club.

Everyone? - I very much doubt that.
Easy to say that now but when bardsley moved the general consensus was we had better in vergini.
Like it or not that was case.

He would not have been a guaranteed starter????????
His rivals would be Gomez, bridcutt and Rodwell.
I'd also have him over catts and seb as well however there's not a lot in those comparisons to worry about really.

Not at the start of the season.

He may have played yesterday as Larsson was suspended.

Can't blame the ginger rat jumping ship, he must have realised it was only a matter if time before SAFC got relegated.

How many game did he play left back last season you f***ing dickhead ? Also are left backs not allowed to score or assist
Well they aren't going to score or assist as many as a midfielder are they!
His stats last season very similar to Sebs this season yet he's apparently been excellent.
This season his stats are better than Sebs.
Don't get me wrong stats don't tell whole story but anyone trying to say that colback wouldn't have been an Improvenent on what we have this season need to get their head out the sand and quick!

There's enough celebration of mediocrity in our own players without constant reference to young Jack. Of all the sticks to fashion for the purposes of thrashing SAFC with, the sale of Jack is a pretty poor one.

Not at the start of the season.

He may have played yesterday as Larsson was suspended.
So basically we only needed three midfielders at start of season? One of them was a crock as well.
Gomez has featured in 27 games this season and you are saying he wouldn't get in?
Dear oh dear! :rolleyes:

Yes but city have Joe Hart so pants wasn't really missed.
Colback was a certain starter for us and we replaced him with inferior players.
5m to city isn't a great deal in grand scheme of things but for us it's important.
Shocking from the club.

Easy to say that now but when bardsley moved the general consensus was we had better in vergini.
Like it or not that was case.
No you said everyone. I disagreed. I also believe Alonso was arguably a greater miss.

I also feel compelled to point out that the fact you'd have Colback ahead of both Cattermole and Larsson final proof that you post merely to wind-up. I know I shouldn't bite really, but Bristow had you pegged ages ago - how the fuck he gets bans and you just come on here to annoy is beyond me mind. It's not as though you're a bairn either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back