How bitter are the mags you work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am in our newcastle office today (normally work in leeds) - they're taking it in really good spirit - accepting that we had the best of the chances and blaming pardew for not being decisive enough with the subs. Worst they've come out with is 'you've won your cup final now you can concentrate on your annual relegation battle' - which to be honest, isn't 100% wide of the mark.

A mag talking sense alert....

Free header from Alnwick's flap
Fletcher off the bar
Wickham free header from cross
Johnson wide when in on goal
Gomez miss
The goal
Larsson miss

That's just off the top of my head 7 clear cut chances.

We had long range shots and that was it.

They have been arguing over Shearers article in The Sun, one saying he is right and the other saying he isnt loyal, smuggest day I have had in this office, dont need to add much to the argument, let them fight amongst themselves
aye good call, you can stoke it up a bit when it quietens down

Not work related, but was round a mag mates (yes, i know) house earlier and we were playing fifa and after a while we all got bored so he suggested playing another game, so i suggested connect 4. Took him a while to grasp the joke but once he got it he was not a happy bunny!

Not work related, but was round a mag mates (yes, i know) house earlier and we were playing fifa and after a while we all got bored so he suggested playing another game, so i suggested connect 4. Took him a while to grasp the joke but once he got it he was not a happy bunny!
Top Bantz

Am in our newcastle office today (normally work in leeds) - they're taking it in really good spirit - accepting that we had the best of the chances and blaming pardew for not being decisive enough with the subs. Worst they've come out with is 'you've won your cup final now you can concentrate on your annual relegation battle' - which to be honest, isn't 100% wide of the mark.
You should have at least thanked them for the banker 6 points that help us in our annual relegation battle. Oh then mentioned our actual cup final that we have had this calender year and asked them what their cup final is.

The ones I've spoke to thought we shaded 1st half, thought they had plenty of possession in the 2nd but we had created the better chances throughout.

Exactly how I saw it to be fair.

The ones I've spoke to thought we shaded 1st half, thought they had plenty of possession in the 2nd but we had created the better chances throughout.

Exactly how I saw it to be fair.
I think that's a fair analysis from them. I think we much more than shaded the first half, were very unlucky to not be ahead and the scum should have been down to 10 men.

I honestly think the mags are starting to get used to being defeated by us.

Most of those I have spoken to have accepted it in good grace.

Normally have good BANTER at work with them, not today. They've just told me to fuck off. I'm actually enjoying work.

They have been arguing over Shearers article in The Sun, one saying he is right and the other saying he isnt loyal, smuggest day I have had in this office, dont need to add much to the argument, let them fight amongst themselves
Tomorrow, you should play them off against each other. Tell the first one when you get him on his own that the other one says he's not a proper fan for disagreeing about the article. Do the same with the 2nd one, maybe hoy in a few insults. They might actually come to blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back