Heckingbottom

I can only judge him off of what I saw him do at Hibs, which was naff all. He's not good enough for Sunlun imo. I don't think he's coming here anyway.

The next appointment is a huge one for us. The club needs to show its ambition/intent with the next Head Coach. I imagine the stumbling block for Still will be Dodds/Proctor staying on the coaching staff.

The next manager isn't about just improving the players tactically.
Alex NEIL for all the rubbish that occurred understood the size of the club and the pressures that came with it. Something that the previous managers didn't understand.

Not only does the next manager have an ability to coach and prepare, it's also about preparing this side of it.
Too many have praised the fans and the support in an effort to win over the fans, however it's much deeper than this.
The interview Neil did before Sheff wed game really cemented what skills the next manager should have.

I can only judge him off of what I saw him do at Hibs, which was naff all. He's not good enough for Sunlun imo. I don't think he's coming here anyway.

The next appointment is a huge one for us. The club needs to show its ambition/intent with the next Head Coach. I imagine the stumbling block for Still will be Dodds/Proctor staying on the coaching staff.
So your judging him on one stint to suit your argument?

Still not sure what makes still such an exciting choice and Heckingbottom so bad?
Alex NEIL for all the rubbish that occurred understood the size of the club and the pressures that came with it. Something that the previous managers didn't understand.

Not only does the next manager have an ability to coach and prepare, it's also about preparing this side of it.
Too many have praised the fans and the support in an effort to win over the fans, however it's much deeper than this.
The interview Neil did before Sheff wed game really cemented what skills the next manager should have.
This 100%
You heard owt about who getting it mate?

So your judging him on one stint to suit your argument?

Still not sure what makes still such an exciting choice and Heckingbottom so bad?

This 100%
You heard owt about who getting it mate?
I'm judging him on a poor stint at Hibs. The football and results were sub-standard. It's not about suiting my argument, I'm giving an opinion based on facts of what happened during his time at Hibernian. Yes, he got promoted with Sheff Utd and Barnsley, but I never watched them play, so can only comment on what I saw during his time at Hibs.

I think it’ll not be him as we would have appointed him already?

However, I’d not be disappointed if it was him. Feels similar to a Mowbray in that it’s a steady away type thing.

Not exciting & not the type of progress I believed we’d make after sacking Mowbray, but it does feel as if we’re starting again in the summer.

This is a really key point. People debate about the difference between a manager and head coach but whatever the title they need to be a leader and focal point for the club. Technical and tactical coaching credentials are just part of the skillset. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to be a big, outspoken personality. Neil wasn't but he was clearly the leader and could handle that role.

Why would Cooper be too expensive… he is not going to be offered a Premier Club
We can offer him Championship money with upgrade if promoted… I’m not lobbying for Cooper but I disagree that he some way beyond us .
think hes getting paid a shitload as part of being sacked,if he takes another job that ends

Hummel kits spanned the managerial tenures of Denis Smith, Malcolm Crosby, Terry Butcher and Mick Buxton at SAFC. 1988 to 1994 IIRC.
The golden years.
Can you seriously not think of any reasons why we would wait till the summer?

Go on. Have a good old think about it.
There might be clauses in his severance, there might not be.

Last edited:
My guess is we are getting somebody who is leaving their job at the end of the season. That’s why there’s been no announcement yet.
The Liverpool number 2 isn’t a bad shout.

Last edited:

Back