Have the fans turned?

Winning games against Stoke and Plymouth has wrongly bought him some credit in the bank but if you still look at the expected goals charts we have gone off a complete cliff. We’ll finish 10th-13th having limped over the line. The worry is we keep him over pre season and sack him in November time after an obvious shit start. Just sack him now ffs

The shit really hits the fan when the supporters in the ground turn. Beale was probably very fortunate that we beat Stoke. If we do badly against Swansea it'll turn. Then we've got a very hard next three with Norwich and Southampton away and Leicester at home. Just can't see him being able to turn it around and get the kind of run to keep us near the play offs and to keep the pressure off him.
Matter of when not if

:) Someone will be along soon and say we should keep him till the end of his contract, we are on the bones of our arses and any compo paid will surely bankrupt the club.
If we keep him until the end of his contract we’ll be in League Two! Whoever gave him a 2.5 year contract must surely be regretting a very bad error of judgement, the most he should have received should have been 18 months!

You have to give everyone a chance, but he’s fucked it in record time, imo.

Should never have been in the running for the job to be honest.

I think he put a noose around his own neck after snubbing Hume and ignoring him.

His days are numbered.

1. Do they keep him and try to save face

2. Do the admit they were wrong and sack him.

3. He steers us into the playoffs as a close shave and they say "We we're right"

4. We win every remaining game and we all get a free unicorn

Last edited:
If we keep him until the end of his contract we’ll be in League Two! Whoever gave him a 2.5 year contract must surely be regretting a very bad error of judgement, the most he should have received should have been 18 months!
It's absolutely bonkers, especially considering he was on the dole when we appointed him. We should have been holding all the cards, not throwing about long term deals.

It was a baptism of fire when Beale was appointed with fan disapproval and some tough games. He didn't do well.
Since then, he's had an easier run of games and time to work with the players. He didn't do well.
Now he has a tough run of games ahead where I very much doubt he will do well.
What are our board waiting for?

Believe we didn't have a shot on target in that Swansea game despite playing against 10 men. Things like playing Hume in midfield when we had possession, playing Ekwah as a holding midfielder. Nobody was complaining too much a few weeks ago when we beat Stoke, drew at Boro and beat Plymouth. Don't get me wrong, I want Beale out but I also wanted Mowbray gone when he did. Like I say the problem was replacing him with Beale.
All my own opinion obviously.
I think a few on here are looking at TM through their rose tinted glasses.

I think he put a noose around his own neck after snubbing Hume and ignoring him.

His days are numbered.

1. Do they keep him and try to save face

2. Do the admit they were wrong and sack him.

3. He steers us into the playoffs as a close shave and they say "We we're right"

4. We win every remaining game and we all get a free unicorn
Hopefully a very small number.

It's absolutely bonkers, especially considering he was on the dole when we appointed him. We should have been holding all the cards, not throwing about long term deals.
This! We had the power to offer an end of season contract with a longer one if successful. Speakman has screwed up here….

Back