Happy Birthday Freddie Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to call his moustache, "the cock duster", the insufferable ponce.

Good singer on record but shit live. Bottled all the high notes.

If it was untrue the paper would have been sued for libel, it wasnt which speaks volumes
The fact that nobody, as far as you're aware, sued is irrelevant. Hundreds of cases are settled in private, and lots of journalists talk rubbish every day and get away with it. The absence of legal proceedings, public or otherwise, does not prove the claims in that article.

The fact that nobody, as far as you're aware, sued is irrelevant. Hundreds of cases are settled in private, and lots of journalists talk rubbish every day and get away with it. The absence of legal proceedings, public or otherwise, does not prove the claims in that article.

Lots of cash settlements are agreed out of court but all will insist on the offending media either printing or broadcasting an apology of some description

The paper didn't say he did anything with anyone underage. Secondly Freddie Mercury was dead when that article was written so can't be libelled. So that makes you a copper who doesn't know the law

Libel is civil law which i dont need to know about to do my job, that makes you someone who doesnt know what a copper needs to know

Do you honestly think that if those claims werent true then someone, either friends family or bandmates wouldve tried to put the record straight? IIRC from the article i read at the time its was somewhere in north africa

Libel is civil law which i dont need to know about to do my job, that makes you someone who doesnt know what a copper needs to know

Do you honestly think that if those claims werent true then someone, either friends family or bandmates wouldve tried to put the record straight? IIRC from the article i read at the time its was somewhere in north africa

Which goes back to the original point, that the article doesn't say he did anything with anyone underage. Hence Roger Taylor not saying "I wonder if some doughnut-inhaling plod who doesn't like gays will infer a nonexistent link with paedophilia from this article? I better call my publicist!"

Rent "boy" is no different than Call "girl". The terms do not mean children, although unfortunately sometimes involve children. There are male and female prostitutes of every age. And as has been stated previously, Freddie's "type" was definitely more Village People than Grange Hill.

Which goes back to the original point, that the article doesn't say he did anything with anyone underage. Hence Roger Taylor not saying "I wonder if some doughnut-inhaling plod who doesn't like gays will infer a nonexistent link with paedophilia from this article? I better call my publicist!"

So are you saying now that police officers dont like gay people?

Wrong. He had a fantastic vocal ability, power and range over 4 octaves and could sing tenor, baritone and falsetto. Who are you and Joe Public comparing him to, One Direction or Rolando Villazon?

If you read on you'd see I still said he was a great singer.... he just wasn't quite as amazing as some people think. Still impressive though.[DOUBLEPOST=1378455492][/DOUBLEPOST]
This article is complete, and specifically, self serving, tripe. The writer is clearly more interested in proving his verbosity than proving any basis in fact.

It's fuckin' awful.

Aye but the stomach pump story has never appeared in quotable print afaik, it's just an urban myth that wide eyed schoolboys told each other in the yard. And one person at least (Almond) has appeared in print laughing it off 'That must have been a good night, what did I do? suck off an elephant'

The story I saw about Mercury was very specific, mentioning where Mercury would go to pick up kids and how he would then throw them from the car when he was done. I've never ever heard anything as specific about any of the other musicians you mention, and I've never seen the Mercury story denied by anybody either, friends, bandmates, family etc.

And in gay terms, Freddie was apparently a versatile bottom, a switch.

But you're right, I can choose what I want to believe.

Whee says rent boys are kids like?

And :lol: bloody 'ell.

Last edited:

Exactly. It's just a load of bile and conjecture aimed at a dead man.

I saw Queen at Leeds (Elland Road) there was whole family groups there Grandparents grandkids etc. Mercury's language was a disgrace, my overriding memory is of the bloke next to me, sat with his two kids head in hands and wincing every time Mercury told people to F**k off you C*$ts. ask him if he was entertained. I've heard people swear more but not with kids etc in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back