Happy Birthday Freddie Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddie liked his men and their arses (Rudolf Nureyev was a surprise), but there was never any inference of any Yew Tree-type activities.

I read something ages ago about him getting rent boys into his limo and then literally throwing them out when he was 'finished' - and these were boys.

I read something ages ago about him getting rent boys into his limo and then literally throwing them out when he was 'finished' - and these were boys.

Never knew that. HP???

Bollocks that by the way. I've heard the same/similar story attributed to Elton John, David Bowie and even Rod Stewart! Freddie's "type" were masculine, older men, "truck driver types" is a direct quote, hence the gay clone look from 1980 onwards.

Never knew that. HP???

Honestly can't remember, it was in an expose article, possibly written by either his lover or his chauffeur.[DOUBLEPOST=1378394291][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bollocks that by the way. I've heard the same/similar story attributed to Elton John, David Bowie and even Rod Stewart! Freddie's "type" were masculine, older men, "truck driver types" is a direct quote, hence the gay clone look from 1980 onwards.

I definitely read it, whether the article was entirely truthful or not I dont know.[DOUBLEPOST=1378394399][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you Duffman, not the article I was referring to, but I suppose it reinforces the rent boy thing and dispels the myth he was only interested in big butch gadgies.

Honestly can't remember, it was in an expose article, possibly written by either his lover or his chauffeur.[DOUBLEPOST=1378394291][/DOUBLEPOST]

I definitely read it, whether the article was entirely truthful or not I dont know.[DOUBLEPOST=1378394399][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you Duffman, not the article I was referring to, but I suppose it reinforces the rent boy thing and dispels the myth he was only interested in big butch gadgies.

You can choose what you want to believe but as I've said that story has done the rounds about several entertainers in the past. A bit like the Mark Almond, Jimmy Sommerville, Sam Fox stomach pump story

That rather nasty bit of journalism linked by Duff-Man is based on no fact whatsoever. There are several points which are factually incorrect. The Trip Khalif quote is legitimate but used at the end of the limo story to try and validate something that as far as I'm aware never happened. The post-85 Live Aid stuff is all completely wrong. His cocaine abuse was actually at an end by 85, not the beginning of it. Queen were one of the biggest bands in America by 1980 but turned their backs on it and certainly never went back after 85. The cocaine on dwarves heads story is another classic example of a story that according to all those at the party never actually happened (the "man who moved under meat" story is true though).

In gay terms, apparently Freddie was very much a "bottom" hence is interest in more manly men. But like I say, everyone chooses want they want to believe.

You can choose what you want to believe but as I've said that story has done the rounds about several entertainers in the past. A bit like the Mark Almond, Jimmy Sommerville, Sam Fox stomach pump story

That rather nasty bit of journalism linked by Duff-Man is based on no fact whatsoever. There are several points which are factually incorrect. The Trip Khalif quote is legitimate but used at the end of the limo story to try and validate something that as far as I'm aware never happened. The post-85 Live Aid stuff is all completely wrong. His cocaine abuse was actually at an end by 85, not the beginning of it. Queen were one of the biggest bands in America by 1980 but turned their backs on it and certainly never went back after 85. The cocaine on dwarves heads story is another classic example of a story that according to all those at the party never actually happened (the "man who moved under meat" story is true though).

In gay terms, apparently Freddie was very much a "bottom" hence is interest in more manly men. But like I say, everyone chooses want they want to believe.

Someone once told me that Another One Bites the Dust is the second biggest selling single in the US in the 1980's after We Are the World and that it was Michael Jackson who talked the band into releasing it as a single. No idea if that is true or not but I quite like it.

The link was a review of a documentary that went out on TV, if claims like that were false surely his friends would have been fighting to clear his name or sue the documentary producers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your hero was a nonce and no doubt would have been in one of the three yewtree investigations were he still alive

Aye but the stomach pump story has never appeared in quotable print afaik, it's just an urban myth that wide eyed schoolboys told each other in the yard. And one person at least (Almond) has appeared in print laughing it off 'That must have been a good night, what did I do? suck off an elephant'

The story I saw about Mercury was very specific, mentioning where Mercury would go to pick up kids and how he would then throw them from the car when he was done. I've never ever heard anything as specific about any of the other musicians you mention, and I've never seen the Mercury story denied by anybody either, friends, bandmates, family etc.

And in gay terms, Freddie was apparently a versatile bottom, a switch.

But you're right, I can choose what I want to believe.

He's probably bumming rent boys in the after life now, carrying on where he left off when he died. Probably best mates with jacko and savile

So shagging a consenting adult equates to child rape and necrophilia? Didn't think even you were that much of a bonehead.[DOUBLEPOST=1378402954][/DOUBLEPOST]

Rent boy is a phrase used to describe any male prostitute - there's no inference there about their age.

Joe Public probably consider him to have been a far better singer than he was, on account of multiple overdubs and the oft overlooked harmonies sung by Roger Taylor and Brian May.

Wrong. He had a fantastic vocal ability, power and range over 4 octaves and could sing tenor, baritone and falsetto. Who are you and Joe Public comparing him to, One Direction or Rolando Villazon?

not my cup of tea like, not to keen on queen ( although i thought sheer heart attack was canny, brighton rock especially ), credit where its due though he was a canny front man

Freddie liked his men and their arses (Rudolf Nureyev was a surprise), but there was never any inference of any Yew Tree-type activities.

This.

People on here, and in general actually, are too quick to use words like "nonce" and "Paedo" and imagine that it applies just as well to anyone who likes any kind of sex other than hetrosexual missionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back