RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

Apparently owning a Motorola means I've been specially chosen to test an iPhone 7. Bants.

I can't impress enough how much I need information from people seeing the problems to allow these problems to be sorted.

To restate the first post in this thread:

The problem I have is tracking down which network the adverts come from, so that ads from that network can be stopped and the adverts in question reported.

To help track things down, I have created several test pages containing ads from the various networks we use. If you are experiencing any of the above, it would be useful if you could visit these test pages and let me know if you see the problem on any of them. (As each of the primary networks/agencies we use each farm their inventory out to other networks it is possible you may see the issue on more than one of them)

The test pages are at:
Network 1, no longer used
Network 2 - malvertising suspected, no longer used
Network 3 - malvertising suspected, no longer used
Network 4
Network 5
Network 6
Network 7

Please report your results below in the following form:
  1. The Network(s) you see the problem on (if any)
  2. The advert which is causing the problem (if you can identify this)
  3. The type of device you are using (desktop PC, Tablet, Mobile) and if tablet/mobile the orientation of it (portrait/landscape)
  4. The browser and operating system you are using.
  5. If you are using a mobile, which network are you using (EE, O2, 3, Vodaphone etc)

I can't impress enough how much I need information from people seeing the problems to allow these problems to be sorted.

The problem I have is tracking down which network the adverts come from, so that ads from that network can be stopped and the adverts in question reported.

To help track things down, I have created several test pages containing ads from the various networks we use. If you are experiencing any of the above, it would be useful if you could visit these test pages and let me know if you see the problem on any of them. (As each of the primary networks/agencies we use each farm their inventory out to other networks it is possible you may see the issue on more than one of them)

The test pages are at:
Network 4
Network 5
Network 6
Network 7

3. The type of device you are using (desktop PC, Tablet, Mobile) and if tablet/mobile the orientation of it (portrait/landscape)
  5. If you are using a mobile, which network are you using (EE, O2, 3, Vodaphone etc)
None of the networks presented a problem for me, both data and wifi.

Iphone 5, portrait.

Safari, ios 8.1.3

3 network.

The test pages are at:
Network 4
Network 5
Network 6
Network 7

NETWORK 5

http://tinypic.com/r/35jywsn/9

Redirects x3 before stops

Iphone 6 EE - portrait

SAFARI iOS 8.3

Logon or register to see this image

@Roger - My issues seem to have gone away since the new year ?
Previously i wa experiencing issues to the point the site was unusable on my data connection (4g).

I am still running with EE, iPhone 6 (IOS 9.X.X).

Have you done something to specifically address the problem ? If so, it seems to be working well.

@Roger - My issues seem to have gone away since the new year ?
Previously i wa experiencing issues to the point the site was unusable on my data connection (4g).

I am still running with EE, iPhone 6 (IOS 9.X.X).

Have you done something to specifically address the problem ? If so, it seems to be working well.

Aye, my issues have gone recently too, now you mention it.

@Roger

I haven't suffered for the game of war crap for a long time now but every know and again a dating site advert pops up (maybe once ir twice a day) and the only way round it is by backing out of the page and clicking another link

Just got this. Tried to open a video player app

Come on, wtf

tracking.crobo.com/aff_r?offer_id=15521&aff_id=11451&url=https:%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.ubercab%26referrer%3Dmat_tracking_id%253D102f6dbe2a5b9f03e842768e668227&urlauth=626529406913289482541643022668

No, not seen anything myself and nobody has given me any info that indicates which network they are coming from and which devices/browsers are being targetted

Back