General Election 2015 Who do you plan on voting for?

Who do you plan on voting for in the 2015 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 60 15.6%
  • Green

Votes: 33 8.6%
  • Labour

Votes: 178 46.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Respect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • SNP

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

• Alliance

• DUP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • SDLP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • UUP

• Other - please state

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Change the voting system and imo more people would.

There's been comments from people they're just too busy in their daily routines to make time to vote.

Suggestions to get round this include voting over the Internet and via text or mobile phone app. The latter would appeal especially younger potential voters apparently.

Thoughts?

you do realise, that had he not done what he did, we'd have gone back to the polls & ended up with a Tory majority.
I find it very odd the amount of supposed staunch Labour people on here, who just can't see this & are in effect advocating a full Tory goovernment
If you vote tory you pretty know what you are going to get whatever they say before the election. The liberals got significant votes from Uni cities re tuition fees but they chucked all their principles away at a sniff of power after the election. In many ways the party who has the most seats should form the government if that wasnt Labour so be it the electorate spoke...I think Labour did the right thing at the last election in not going into coalition and letting Clegg and the liberals telling them who or they shouldny have as leader. Who do the liberals think they are ffs. If there is any justice the liberals should be wiped off the political map at this election.

So you think 'the UN'* can tell the WHO where to be based? :rolleyes: Oh, and the WHO is just a talking shop/oversight type of place anyway, so I'm not sure how being closer to 'the real issues' would really help its work.

* Not sure which part of the UN you expect to tell the WHO to move: the SG, the SC, or the GA?

PS Oh, and that Bloomsberg report is dated 18 Feb, i.e. just after the blip in my chart when lots of fuckwits shat their pants.

So you think 'the UN'* can tell the WHO where to be based? :rolleyes: Oh, and the WHO is just a talking shop/oversight type of place anyway, so I'm not sure how being closer to 'the real issues' would really help its work.

* Not sure which part of the UN you expect to tell the WHO to move: the SG, the SC, or the GA?

PS Oh, and that Bloomsberg report is dated 18 Feb, i.e. just after the blip in my chart when lots of fuckwits shat their pants.
The WHO is a UN agency - so the semantics of the actual governance are not relevant.
The WHO asked for the francs donation last October - prior to the latest Franc crisis.
The whole farce applies to all the international organisations - the article also mentions the IRC begging for Francs instead of f***ing off to where the problems are!

The WHO is a UN agency - so the semantics of the actual governance are not relevant.
The WHO asked for the francs donation last October - prior to the latest Franc crisis.
The whole farce applies to all the international organisations - the article also mentions the IRC begging for Francs instead of f***ing off to where the problems are!

Don't you find they're all a bit "Meet the new boss - same as the old boss"?

That is so not true, but I think you know it.

North?

The rosti-line runs from North to South, so you're either East or West of it, silly.
I am indeed silly. I meant the German bit and for some reason I always think of it as North but I won't make that mistake again!

There's been comments from people they're just too busy in their daily routines to make time to vote.

Suggestions to get round this include voting over the Internet and via text or mobile phone app. The latter would appeal especially younger potential voters apparently.

Thoughts?
I meant more along the lines of getting rid of the FPTP. However, it does seem silly that we can't vote online etc. Maybe the powers are shit scared that if they did allow this and we got to say 95% of people voting that they would lose power as more would vote for the smaller parties.

I meant more along the lines of getting rid of the FPTP. However, it does seem silly that we can't vote online etc. Maybe the powers are shit scared that if they did allow this and we got to say 95% of people voting that they would lose power as more would vote for the smaller parties.

Okay, I misread the above.

If we opt for true PR, I'm in agreement with that. Just not the half-baked AV system we had a referendum on five years ago.

Then you accept that UN workers do pay 'tax', and at a higher rate than you pay it.

The main semantics being that the UN workers get no benefit from the taxes they pay, unlike you ...

Lucy Powell has dropped another spectacular clanger. Asked on 5Live this morning whether having to carve their pledges into stone was a sign the public didn’t trust them, Labour’s election chief inexplicably replied:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that the fact that he’s carved them into stone means, you know, means that he will absolutely, you know, not going to break them or anything like that.”

:lol:

WS Gilbert had it right in 1882: "This is what comes of women interfering in politics."

Are 'the opposition' always this bad?

Not impressed by this, either. http://order-order.com/2015/05/05/p...-rally-boasted-i-can-tell-people-how-to-vote/

The guest of honour at Labour’s sex segregation rally on Saturday was Sultan Mahmood Chaudhry, above right.

Chaudhry is the former premier of Kashmir and the MP for Mirpur, in Pakistan. In a 2010 BBC profile, he claimed he“always” visits Britain ahead of general elections in order to tell British-Pakistanis “how to vote“. Chaudhry claims:

“I always come during elections. It’s basically so I can tell people how to vote and who to vote for. Most of the Pakistanis here [in Britain] are from Mirpur, and I am the MP from Mirpur, and I know the issues here and who will be the best candidates to help solve the issues in Kashmir.”

Not only did four Labour MPs attend a sex segregated rally, the star speaker claims to be instructing British-Pakistanis how to vote. Why is Labour enabling this sort of unseemly politics at a British election?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back