Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it a look tonight

Looks canny from the clips I've seen

There are some parts from the original pilot included in the first episode. The original pilot was apparently awful, so bad that they've never released it. Don't judge it purely on the first episode. I was hooked like.

Maybes took me a couple of episodes to get into it but when I did I got absolutely hooked. Just watched the first 4 seasons again in the last few weeks, and enjoyed it more second time around when I've actually took notice to everything in it. I would urge anyone who gave up after an episode or two to give it another shot and stick with it.

I'm not into wizard type stuff and make believe normally so took me a few episodes to get accustomed
I ignored it because I thought it was a documentary series about Italian football.

But once I saw the first episode (by accident) I was hooked. I downloaded the lot and watched it all in 10 days, when the strife was away with her mother. It was great being able to say "tits and violence" when she got back and asked what I'd been up to. Not that she looked surprised.

Maybes took me a couple of episodes to get into it but when I did I got absolutely hooked. Just watched the first 4 seasons again in the last few weeks, and enjoyed it more second time around when I've actually took notice to everything in it. I would urge anyone who gave up after an episode or two to give it another shot and stick with it.
I'm enjoying it more the second time round. Noticing much more and sometimes the odd line here and there, you would miss, just makes loads of sense. The plots, lies and backstabbing all falls into place much more second time around.

Definitely to those who are going to try watching it, stick with it. Seems like loads of different stories and families/groups to remember, but once you catch on the connections between them, it's top quality tv. Jon snow and his story is probably my favourite. The dwarf tyrion is the best character in it as well for me.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it more the second time round. Noticing much more and sometimes the odd line here and there, you would miss, just makes loads of sense. The plots, lies and backstabbing all falls into place much more second time around.

Definitely to those who are going to try watching it, stick with it. Seems like loads of different stories and families/groups to remember, but once you catch on the connections between them, it's top quality tv. Jon snow and his story is probably my favourite. The dwarf tyrion is the best character in it as well for me.
Aye, first time round there was times when I'd hear a character mentioned and I'd be thinking "who the hell is that?". Took a bit more notice second time and noticed bits that I'd missed first time around. Tyrion is class like

I really hope Danerys gets eaten by a dragon, her arc never reaches Westeros, and her entire story was pointless and irrelevant from day 1.

I hate the character, she's a stupid little girl in the books and a psychotic self entitled kernt in the show.

Emilia Clarke won't get he norks out any more either.

Agreed absolute bellend is Dany

I prefer the books to the show like but by the trailers and what I've read online that there's no signs of Victarion, Euron or Young Griff to appear in the new series.

None of that has happened in the books either.
He's not in book 4 though, and people are annoyed about the lack of greyjoys but they could be in series 6 as they don't want to introduce too many new characters. Randomly they've decided not to have quentyn martell in but have instead we get trystane

Best character in it for me, Peter Dinklage is a fantastic actor.
Same here. I like Bron aswell, so the pair of them have had some great scenes.

I think Arya Stark is pretty good too. Usually kids in a show like that are really annoying, but this one works.

I do like the way although it is an American production all the people from the north have Yorkshire or Lancashire accents.

Same here. I like Bron aswell, so the pair of them have had some great scenes.

I think Arya Stark is pretty good too. Usually kids in a show like that are really annoying, but this one works.

I do like the way although it is an American production all the people from the north have Yorkshire or Lancashire accents.

It annoys me that it's an American show with an almost exclusively European cast shot in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back