Free ticket pisstake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my own fault, but I tried to pay on Monday morning to be met with robot voices about the admin fee.
Therefore, my £485 ST has cost me £505. I have also been to all the cup matches and bought extra tickets. Not after plaudits mind, it is my (stupid) choice.
honestly mate, as you have been so generous to me, please let me pay the tenner on saturday

Thing is, this type of thing, I believe, is decent promotion. It can essentially work Botha ways, "buy two tickets, get £50s" worth of gear from the club shop". That's fine. What's not fine is free tickets to students, who will spend more on "entertainment" than a lot of working people & the likes of DB getting fined to re-instate his DDR. It costs fuck all to set up a DDR.

The club need to do something for season ticket holders because forking money out at the start of the season used to mean you were rewarded financially for putting your money up front.

That's good and usually I would agree....but sometimes you just feel they are taking the piss a bit.
A season ticket payment in December, free tickets for others.
First season ticket payment before the current season finished, others get free tickets.
The patronising words about rewarding ST holders by letting them purchase cheap tickets for the Chelsea match. It isn't a reward, it cost me £20 more for the Chelsea match!
I don't expect or want rewards tho. I just want my ticket for the match at a price that I'm happy with and find affordable. I prob could get there cheaper if I fart around on a week to week basis and maybe I'm just lazy but I couldn't be bothered just to save a fiver every few weeks...

Its a joke.

I pay 21 quid a game worked out on a £400 season ticket.

I reckon i could get to most games if not all fir cheaper than that. I know plenty of season ticket holders to get the deals etc. Also i'd imagine stubhub (if its still going) would be able to get me plenty of cheap tickets aswell.

A season card is only worthwhile for those who go to away games imo
I reckon I'd get in half the price if I went game by game. But I'm trapped by the fact I want my seat next to my dad & I'm guarenteed away match tickets (which I don't go to much anymore). It's my own choice but I'm one of the stupid sheep.

If you spend over £50 in the club shop you get two free tickets to either the Stoke or Southampton games. I got two training t-shirts (one neon green/blue and one black/red one) and as part of the 2 for 3 deal I got the 2014 calendar free.

Because of this my dad and his mate who lives close have to go to the game with me! Boo! I don't want them to go with me! Games is the only chance I have to spend some good length of time on my own. Me time is very important to me.:mad:
any info on the net about this? cant see owt on the club site

Thing is, this type of thing, I believe, is decent promotion. It can essentially work Botha ways, "buy two tickets, get £50s" worth of gear from the club shop". That's fine. What's not fine is free tickets to students, who will spend more on "entertainment" than a lot of working people & the likes of DB getting fined to re-instate his DDR. It costs fuck all to set up a DDR.
Made up by a mag. Something posted on facebook and on here, but denied by SAFC, nothing on the website and nothing on the SAFC facebook page.

reduce the number of tickets given away to different places, like uni, and have a free lottery with season ticket holders with a possible chance of free tickets throughout the season and other promotions

I've never met anyone who has had free tickets other than a bloke who spent a small fortune sponsoring the club and there's only been 3 occasions in the last 4 years when the kids have been offered cheapp tickets for league games. I'm either not bothered or not looking hard enough for something to moan at.

any info on the net about this? cant see owt on the club site

In post #35 I mention there isn't even anything on the safcstore.com website. If it isn't on there it is not anywhere. It IS the website for the club shop.

I'm all for encouraging the next generation of supporters and rewarding those that deserve it (cheap family tickets, cheap student tickets, cheap oap tickets and free forces tickets), but if what I read on here is correct then I think the loyal full paying ST holders are increasingly having the piss taken out of them.

I knew the club did the odd few free tickets, but it seems far too prevalent these days.

Can I suggest that anyone that is offered a free ticket for a game please post details of it on here, including the source of the tickets, with evidence if possible.

I would like to basically compile evidence of all the giveaways in case I want to raise it with the club in the future at a liaison group meeting.

My nephew had the offer of a pair of tickets due to 100% attendance at school.

I reckon he would have bunked off if he knew that's all he was going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back