Free ticket pisstake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for encouraging the next generation of supporters and rewarding those that deserve it (cheap family tickets, cheap student tickets, cheap oap tickets and free forces tickets), but if what I read on here is correct then I think the loyal full paying ST holders are increasingly having the piss taken out of them.

I knew the club did the odd few free tickets, but it seems far too prevalent these days.

Can I suggest that anyone that is offered a free ticket for a game please post details of it on here, including the source of the tickets, with evidence if possible.

I would like to basically compile evidence of all the giveaways in case I want to raise it with the club in the future at a liaison group meeting.

Lass who used to work at my joint used to get these all the time from a School she knew. Seems ok to give them out to schools only for the schools to pass them to their mates to use or sell them?

Exclusive Partnership tickets at the Stadium of Light

As part of the University’s Strategic Partnership Agreement with Sunderland Football Club, the University is allocated a limited number of tickets for each home game for University Staff.

These are premium tickets, allocated in pairs, and are based on best availability of seats within the Stadium at each game. Please note that these tickets are only available to current University of Sunderland staff and students.

This is a chance for you to enjoy a matchday experience, courtesy of our partners SAFC.

To claim your free tickets simply come along to the Gateway, City Campus at 3pm on Friday, December 6. First come first served, maximum 1 pair of tickets per person.

Sunderland V Tottenham Hotspur kicks off at the Stadium of Light on Saturday December 7 at 5.30pm.

*Tickets are not for resale under any circumstance. Tickets cannot be exchanged for any other area of the Stadium. Tickets must be used by the recipient. Please be aware of fixture date and time changes which can occur after tickets are issued . All tickets are issued subject to ticket conditions and ground regulations.

I'm all for encouraging the next generation of supporters and rewarding those that deserve it (cheap family tickets, cheap student tickets, cheap oap tickets and free forces tickets), but if what I read on here is correct then I think the loyal full paying ST holders are increasingly having the piss taken out of them.

I knew the club did the odd few free tickets, but it seems far too prevalent these days.

Can I suggest that anyone that is offered a free ticket for a game please post details of it on here, including the source of the tickets, with evidence if possible.

I would like to basically compile evidence of all the giveaways in case I want to raise it with the club in the future at a liaison group meeting.
Agree - sick of it mate. The irony is that some of the recipients will be moaning on about why Short isn't spending any money.

If you spend over £50 in the club shop you get two free tickets to either the Stoke or Southampton games. I got two training t-shirts (one neon green/blue and one black/red one) and as part of the 2 for 3 deal I got the 2014 calendar free.

Because of this my dad and his mate who lives close have to go to the game with me! Boo! I don't want them to go with me! Games is the only chance I have to spend some good length of time on my own. Me time is very important to me.:mad:

Exclusive Partnership tickets at the Stadium of Light

As part of the University’s Strategic Partnership Agreement with Sunderland Football Club, the University is allocated a limited number of tickets for each home game for University Staff.

These are premium tickets, allocated in pairs, and are based on best availability of seats within the Stadium at each game. Please note that these tickets are only available to current University of Sunderland staff and students.

This is a chance for you to enjoy a matchday experience, courtesy of our partners SAFC.

To claim your free tickets simply come along to the Gateway, City Campus at 3pm on Friday, December 6. First come first served, maximum 1 pair of tickets per person.

Sunderland V Tottenham Hotspur kicks off at the Stadium of Light on Saturday December 7 at 5.30pm.

*Tickets are not for resale under any circumstance. Tickets cannot be exchanged for any other area of the Stadium. Tickets must be used by the recipient. Please be aware of fixture date and time changes which can occur after tickets are issued . All tickets are issued subject to ticket conditions and ground regulations.

Cheers marra, saw that.

So then,

Tottenham (H): Free Uni tickets.

Meanwhile I just paid a £10 fine for forgetting to set my DD back up for the season ticket payment!!

I am considering sacking off my ST next year and completing a season of going to each game through the cheaper methods. Going to keep a detailed account of where, when and how much I get tickets for. Could be an interesting study if completed accurately.

Sunderland V Chelsea at the Stadium of Light

As part of the University’s Strategic Partnership Agreement with Sunderland Football Club, the University has been allocated a limited number of tickets for the Sunderland V Chelsea game in December at the discounted price of £10 per ticket.

These are premium tickets, allocated in pairs, and are based on best availability of seats within the Stadium at each game. Please note that these tickets are only available to current University of Sunderland students.

You can claim your £10 tickets to Sunderland V Chelsea on production of a valid Students Union card from the SAFC Ticket Office.

Tickets are now available. Note that tickets are limited to 1 pair per person.*

Sunderland V Chelsea kicks off at the Stadium of Light on Wednesday December 4 at 7.45pm.

Incredible DB, incredible.

In any other walk of life you'd tell the club to fuck off but football clubs have their hardcore fans by the bollocks.

It was my own fault, but I tried to pay on Monday morning to be met with robot voices about the admin fee.
Therefore, my £485 ST has cost me £505. I have also been to all the cup matches and bought extra tickets. Not after plaudits mind, it is my (stupid) choice.

Update:

Chelsea (H): Free Uni tickets.
Spurs (H): Free Uni tickets.
Stoke/So'ton (H): Free tickets with clubshop purchases over £50

Last edited:
If we didn't give free tickets away,the posters who are forever bragging about our big crowds would have nowt to talk about on here

I am considering sacking off my ST next year and completing a season of going to each game through the cheaper methods. Going to keep a detailed account of where, when and how much I get tickets for. Could be an interesting study if completed accurately.

That's what I'm trying to do here (stubhub apart).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back