Free ticket pisstake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you spend over £50 in the club shop you get two free tickets to either the Stoke or Southampton games. I got two training t-shirts (one neon green/blue and one black/red one) and as part of the 2 for 3 deal I got the 2014 calendar free.

Because of this my dad and his mate who lives close have to go to the game with me! Boo! I don't want them to go with me! Games is the only chance I have to spend some good length of time on my own. Me time is very important to me.:mad:
Why aren't they advertising this?
I've been trying to find this deal and have phoned up the club shop and they say its bullshit.
A few have mentioned it though. I'm wanting 2 buy two saints tickets but keep delaying it as they cost more than 50quid, so I may aswell do this deal, which I can't find

Good idea, it's getting a bit daft, those who pay up front probably end up paying more per match than the occasional matchgoers.

To counter this the club should give all season ticket holders free tickets for all cup games up to the semi finals. About time that loyalty was rewarded in some way.

Not a great idea for those who prefer to go on their own. The best thing in the world is to be free to do what you want when you want. It is so peaceful to go on your own. You are in your own world. You can take your time. You don't have people holding you back. You don't have to always please them.

It should be available for those who apply on a scheme where they can pay half-price for a cup ticket.

Not a great idea for those who prefer to go on their own. The best thing in the world is to be free to do what you want when you want. It is so peaceful to go on your own. You are in your own world. You can take your time. You don't have people holding you back. You don't have to always please them.

It should be available for those who apply on a scheme where they can pay half-price for a cup ticket.

So you think that by giving season ticket holders free cup tickets you'd have to go to the match with someone rather than being alone? Strange logic.

I honestly couldn't care less what anyone pays. I know what I pay (£400 for those that care) and I'm happy with it. I sit in the same seat with my mate and my brother and I know when my debits are coming out without the hassle of match to match purchases....

I am considering sacking off my ST next year and completing a season of going to each game through the cheaper methods. Going to keep a detailed account of where, when and how much I get tickets for. Could be an interesting study if completed accurately.

I thought about doing that for this season. Was so pissed off at the end of last season, wasn't going to bother renewing.

Then I blindly renewed. My own decision I know but when you take the red and white specs off and look it logicallly it doesn't make sense.

Why shell out all that money when you could pick up free/cheap tickets for a lot of the games?

Because we're mugs who will go back regardless.

I honestly couldn't care less what anyone pays. I know what I pay (£400 for those that care) and I'm happy with it. I sit in the same seat with my mate and my brother and I know when my debits are coming out without the hassle of match to match purchases....

I'm the same, I get a bit pissed off that I could probably otherwise get to see most games for about a tenner each though.

Update:

Chelsea (H): £10 Uni tickets.
Spurs (H): Free Uni tickets.
Stoke/So'ton (H): Free tickets with clubshop purchases over £50

Yep, all of those freeloaders jealous of season ticket holders
I'm all for getting people through the door, but it's got to the point where people are getting shit on because they have the nerve to commit to the club for a season. It's almost as if season ticket holders are the "already brainwashed" & the club are working on the rest.

More fool us.

Exclusive Partnership tickets at the Stadium of Light

As part of the University’s Strategic Partnership Agreement with Sunderland Football Club, the University is allocated a limited number of tickets for each home game for University Staff.

These are premium tickets, allocated in pairs, and are based on best availability of seats within the Stadium at each game. Please note that these tickets are only available to current University of Sunderland staff and students.

This is a chance for you to enjoy a matchday experience, courtesy of our partners SAFC.

To claim your free tickets simply come along to the Gateway, City Campus at 3pm on Friday, December 6. First come first served, maximum 1 pair of tickets per person.

Sunderland V Tottenham Hotspur kicks off at the Stadium of Light on Saturday December 7 at 5.30pm.

*Tickets are not for resale under any circumstance. Tickets cannot be exchanged for any other area of the Stadium. Tickets must be used by the recipient. Please be aware of fixture date and time changes which can occur after tickets are issued . All tickets are issued subject to ticket conditions and ground regulations.

Wish they did that "exclusive partnership" when I was there, would've saved me a fortune.

That's good and usually I would agree....but sometimes you just feel they are taking the piss a bit.
A season ticket payment in December, free tickets for others.
First season ticket payment before the current season finished, others get free tickets.
The patronising words about rewarding ST holders by letting them purchase cheap tickets for the Chelsea match. It isn't a reward, it cost me £20 more for the Chelsea match!

Why aren't they advertising this?
I've been trying to find this deal and have phoned up the club shop and they say its bullshit.
A few have mentioned it though. I'm wanting 2 buy two saints tickets but keep delaying it as they cost more than 50quid, so I may aswell do this deal, which I can't find

No idea. Information isn't even on the safcstore.com website.

My dad went for some guitar strings in that music shop in Tavistock Buildings and we then went to the club shop where he could buy something to put away for Christmas. You don't know till you get to the checkout when the cashier asks you if you want 2 free tickets to either the Southampton or Stoke game.

It's nothing to do with jealousy,its about fairness.
It's not fair, he got something I want! Sounds like jealousy to me. Can't say it bothers me, I'd pay and go regardless of what others pay if I consider it a fair and reasonable price, then again I'm not a particularly jealous person.

My dad went for some guitar strings in that music shop in Tavistock Buildings and we then went to the club shop where he could buy something to put away for Christmas. You don't know till you get to the checkout when the cashier asks you if you want 2 free tickets to either the Southampton or Stoke game.

Add Stoke to the list?

Why not have a season ticket for cup games.£100 for 10 years.If there are less than 10 games,the £100 is taken off your season ticket in 11 years time

my stepfather goes about 10 times a season. acquires tickets through some masonic mates. p!sses me right off as he treats as a jolly day out while i'm paying and actually attending for the footy.

You read this on here and are making it up, you desperate wanker

Its a joke.

I pay 21 quid a game worked out on a £400 season ticket.

I reckon i could get to most games if not all fir cheaper than that. I know plenty of season ticket holders to get the deals etc. Also i'd imagine stubhub (if its still going) would be able to get me plenty of cheap tickets aswell.

A season card is only worthwhile for those who go to away games imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back