Forest docked 4 points

Apparently Chelsea were in talks with the Saudis last week to ship out a number of players to ensure they remain with FFP.
Theyll probably be fine for this year, still got a few youth players they could make decent money on but they need to get Champions League next season as you can't just be selling the family silver but hope to survive. Is the Saudi thing still happening where they waste money trying to sportswashing with pointless players? Hoped they'd give up tbh.

Forest can’t complain as they broke the rules, they knew them simple as that.

But it certainly begs the question are they fit for purpose going forward?

I agree with posters who say it is weighted towards the top clubs.

As Burnley have shown, absolutely pissed the championship and without investing heavily have next to no chance to survive as proven.

The current system means definitely more of a closed shop imo.

As a team winning the playoffs for example and been out of the premier league for a number of years under the current system will always almost every time come straight back down as the only way to compete would be to invest heavily which they will not be able to do.

As Burnley have shown, absolutely pissed the championship and without investing heavily have next to no chance to survive as proven.

As a team winning the playoffs for example and been out of the premier league for a number of years under the current system will always almost every time come straight back down as the only way to compete would be to invest heavily which they will not be able to do.
Bournemouth and Fulham stayed up easily last season. It looks to be a closed shop because the 3 promoted teams this season are so bad. Leeds/Leicester/Southampton etc will have a better chance of staying up.

Bournemouth and Fulham stayed up easily last season. It looks to be a closed shop because the 3 promoted teams this season are so bad. Leeds/Leicester/Southampton etc will have a better chance of staying up.
No it’s because both of them teams had been in the premier league recently so have the payments they get when go back down.

For Forest and other teams who have been in the championship for years and don’t have them payments it’s much harder, and near enough impossible to compete without heavy investment

Apparently Forest have name dropped Wolves in their defence for failing FFP in that we had to rush the sale of Neves so that stayed on the right side off FFP last season while they held out a little longer to sell Brennan Johnson for a higher fee.

Forest will lose their shit when they find out we have included the Neves sale in THIS seasons accounts.

Wolves need to make approx £7m profit this year and we have over £100m in player sales (neves & Nunes) sitting nicely on the 23/24 accounts.

Burnley spent over 100 million

Aren’t Burnley currently under a year transfer curfew for the EFL due to breaking the rules last season which will be up by the time they are relegated and back in the EFL? Leicester are faced with the same - for next season when they’re back in the PL. An utter farce

It doesn’t help really as you said, and I quote, ‘they have said they will appeal’.

Which they haven’t. They’ve said they are extremely disappointed.

So I stick with my opinion that they might well have negotiated a compromise to give themselves a fighting chance.

Turns out they did, who'd of guessed it when they indicated they would.

Chelsea are fine money wise even without CL as they have qualified for the Club World Cup which gets them 100m minimum, rising to 200m depending how far they get in it

obviously lack of CL will cause players to be unhappy but money wise they should be OK

Appeal in
My ruling 2 or 3 points final result…that’s my guess ….. regardless Everton points deduction was diluted with Forest deduction and Everton received an appeal of 40% reduction yet Forest will be lucky to get 25% reduction….just saying

Chelsea are fine money wise even without CL as they have qualified for the Club World Cup which gets them 100m minimum, rising to 200m depending how far they get in it

obviously lack of CL will cause players to be unhappy but money wise they should be OK
Qualified how ? What a steaming pile of a money making farce shit like this needs scrapping

A midtable team for a few year making the club World Cup 😳

Btw my Dresden team on footy manager didn’t get £100m for playing in it 🤣

Last edited:
Qualified how ? What a steaming pile of a money making farce shit like this needs scrapping

'The tournament, which Chelsea won in its current format last season (2021), will from June 2025 be played every four years and will be for 32 teams.

Europe has 12 of those places, with four of them for Champions League winners in each of the four years leading up to 2025, which includes Chelsea as the 2021 winners.'

How long before 2/3 of the league has been penalised (not Man City) and they quietly just change the rules and forget all about the whole thing. Going to be farcical and never ending otherwise

I’m guessing your question is rhetorical but in case it’s not the new format has a four year qualifying cycle and they get in for winning their continental championship in 2021.

And yes, it is a steaming pile of money making farce shit. But also a FIFA power grab so it won’t be scrapped.

How long before 2/3 of the league has been penalised (not Man City) and they quietly just change the rules and forget all about the whole thing. Going to be farcical and never ending otherwise
Can’t understand why City’s charges are taking so long, either nowt in it or they’ll be in National League North 😳

Back