Forest docked 4 points

Everton's breach: £19.5m
Forest's breach: £34m

Everton points deduction: 10 points (reduced to 6 on appeal)
Forest points deduction: 4 points

Part of the reason in the Forest report states they had 2 points taken off for cooperation whereas Everton misled the Premier League.

Completely ignoring the fact that our appeal stated that we didn't mislead the Premier League and that was false.

It's all absolute bullshit.
It’s clear now that somebody just rolls dice in the PL headquarters to determine the points deduction. It was 2 for Everton but somebody lost one of them down the back of the sofa before Forest’s roll.

Most of whom they signed and replaced with in the same or next window. There approach was highlighted at the time. It was bonkers
Great blueprint of how not to run a club person who was in charge of recruitment must of thought it was a game of Football Manager

I was reading on The Guardian website that the club have indicated they are very likely to appeal. If that helps 👍
It doesn’t help really as you said, and I quote, ‘they have said they will appeal’.

Which they haven’t. They’ve said they are extremely disappointed.

So I stick with my opinion that they might well have negotiated a compromise to give themselves a fighting chance.

Amazing how fast the PL has acted punishing Everton and Forest, and yet still no punishment for Man City.
The Man City case is far more complex though.
They are not only accused of breaking the PSR, they have been charged with multiple counts of deliberately trying to cover up their illegal activities during the investigations into them. Basically cheating followed by a deceitful cover up.

That’s a lot different and potentially more difficult to make stick. Everton and Forest were factual breaches which neither club denied they were guilty of.

City on the other hand still maintain their innocence.

If the charges stick you wouldn’t expect a mere points deduction, they ‘should’ be looking at relegation (maybe two divisions or more) and potentially the stripping of previous trophies won under the financial doping period.

It would be MASSIVE…

I can’t see the logic in any kind of points deduction at all as it doesn’t give everyone the same punishment. These kind of breaches should be dealt with before the season and not during it. If Everton and Forest have made these breaches then they occupy 2 relegation slots at the end of the season.

Seems the relegated three this season will be decided by the EPL.:lol:
It's called the AGM cup in the conference where this pretty much happens every year.
The Man City case is far more complex though.
They are not only accused of breaking the PSR, they have been charged with multiple counts of deliberately trying to cover up their illegal activities during the investigations into them. Basically cheating followed by a deceitful cover up.

That’s a lot different and potentially more difficult to make stick. Everton and Forest were factual breaches which neither club denied they were guilty of.

City on the other hand still maintain their innocence.

If the charges stick you wouldn’t expect a mere points deduction, they ‘should’ be looking at relegation (maybe two divisions or more) and potentially the stripping of previous trophies won under the financial doping period.

It would be MASSIVE…
Rightly or wrongly, attempting to litigate Manchester City is not only likely to be a million times more difficult, given the resources they have at their disposal, but also have far wider repercussions for the PL brand.

The financial hit on the league be if City or similar blew up would be huge. They really don't want to do it.

Last edited:
I’m more Alan Partridge than Alan Sugar. Other than the very headline which is of course Nottingham Forest being deducted 4 points for FFP irregularities I know nothing. What moral issues does this throw up?

Is this fair or unfair on Nottingham Forest.

Is this a clear case of club bias where the much bigger clubs who spend more than they are permitted don’t get punished but the lower clubs in that league do get punished?

I am aware that the fact they were until recently a Championship club seems to be in their favour I am sure I read somewhere. And something was said about parachute payments. So maybe they have perhaps gotten away lightly because they’ve not been in the PL for years.

Is this the PL doing the right thing or a bad thing?

There is so many questions that arise from this.

It's called the AGM cup in the conference where this pretty much happens every year.

Rightly or wrongly, attempting to litigate Manchester City is not only likely to be a million times more difficult, given the resources they have at their disposal, but also have far wider repercussions for the PL brand.

The financial hit on the league be if City or similar blew up would be huge. They really don't want to do it.
Absolutely. Charges will end up being dropped I reckon, rather than City being cleared of any wrongdoing but it will be enough for them.

I am coming out with it Everton goes from 10 to 6 points on appeal you add NF with 4 points if reduced to 3 or 2 points still dilutes Everton punishment….ridiculous and outrages in my eyes….

Everton's breach: £19.5m
Forest's breach: £34m

Everton points deduction: 10 points (reduced to 6 on appeal)
Forest points deduction: 4 points

Part of the reason in the Forest report states they had 2 points taken off for cooperation whereas Everton misled the Premier League.

Completely ignoring the fact that our appeal stated that we didn't mislead the Premier League and that was false.

It's all absolute bullshit.
Cry more, you cheating c*nts.

Back