Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lesson is, never ever ever give minimum fee release clauses in contracts.

Looks like im going to miss out on a 5th straight title to man city, who've come from about 10th last season to storm the league. Hoping I can scrape my first champions league win to make up for it instead.
He wouldn't sign without. And I couldn't offer him any higher wages or other incentives. Unfortunate but it happens. I'm confident that he won't be a success anyway. Every other time I've let a big player go he's flopped.

Man City are ridiculous like. Their squad is class as you'd expect on my save.

How do you get the badges on etc? Always seen the link to download them but always seem to not be able to do it/download them. Any easy, not jargon ways to do it for me idiot head here?

My star player got greedy and wanted his wages doubled after only one season at the club. Man Utd paid his £25.5m release clause so I've brought in Quintero at £11m to replace him. Quite disappointed that he didn't want to show more loyalty and accept a smaller increase. I can only offer 73k max.

I always tell the player to sack their agent when they ask for a new contract then negotiate directly with the player. It usually saves a fortune.

I always tell the player to sack their agent when they ask for a new contract then negotiate directly with the player. It usually saves a fortune.
I normally do that but it doesn't seem to make that much difference. He wanted to go from 45k per week to 110k and I simply couldn't afford it. I normally use some money out of the budget to give the agent a sweetener cos most of them are utter twats.

I normally do that but it doesn't seem to make that much difference. He wanted to go from 45k per week to 110k and I simply couldn't afford it. I normally use some money out of the budget to give the agent a sweetener cos most of them are utter twats.

I have made the mistake before of giving into daft demands and ended up with many expensive flops. I am much more restrained now.

I have made the mistake before of giving into daft demands and ended up with many expensive flops. I am much more restrained now.
He won the player of the year and was joint top scorer in the league from AMC but there wasn't really much I could do. My max wage is around 60k. I refuse to go overboard. I'd rather sell and reinvest.

How do you get the badges on etc? Always seen the link to download them but always seem to not be able to do it/download them. Any easy, not jargon ways to do it for me idiot head here?
1) Download a logopack, take this one for example - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6026
2) Put them in the following folder:
Logon or register to see this image
(if you don't have a graphics folder make one)
3) In game, go to Preferences, locate Interface and see Skin section - make sure 'Use caching to decrease page loading times' is unticked and Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences is ticked

Piratejet is a pretender, ive been doin LLM fo years now ;):cool::cool:
But have you ever brought Jarrow Roofing to 1 division below the Conference North? Checkmate

Gonna start doing these in 2s soon as it's taking the piss
Season 5 - 2017/2018
League Finish: 7th (3rd year in the Championship)
Manager(s): Nigel Clough
Owner: Ellis Short (Finances:Okay)
Top Scorer: Ignacio Scocco, 19
Player of the Season: Andy White (19 year old on Loan from Man Utd), 7.14
Average Attendance: 29,663 (Largest in the Championship)

Had a look at the youth team and there's nobody of even good premier league class coming through any time soon

Literally a season nothing interesting happened

Season 6 - 2018/2019
League Finish: 4th (4th year in the Championship, knocked out by Palace in the play-off semis)
Owner: Ellis Short
Finances:Insecure
Estimated Value:£16.5M
Loan Debt: £156M
Top Scorer: David Moberg Karlsson, 14
Player of the Season: Chris McCann (19 year old on Loan from Man Utd), 7.25
Average Attendance: 35,628 (Largest in the Championship, again)

Intersting things that happened:
  • Boro relegated to League 1
  • Blackpool to League 2
  • Nick Barmby is manager of Aston Villa
  • Joe Cole is manager at Farnborough
  • Roy Keane is manager of Manchester United
  • Allan Johnston is manager at Walsall
  • Craig Gardner is a scout for Ebbsfleet

Last edited:
On mine I'm 3rd season with Leighton orient, mags are stuck in championship with me, I'm pushing for promotion and Gus has won the f.a cup, charity shield and capital one cup with us ... He's now in he semi final of the Europa league with sunderland !!!!

Season 7 - 2019/2020
League Finish: 4th (5th year in the Championship, BEAT PALACE IN THE FINAL ON PENS!)
Finances:Okay
Estimated Value:£12.5M
Loan Debt: £149M
Top Scorer: David Moberg Karlsson, 23
Player of the Season: Ziggy Gordon (great name), 7.20
Average Attendance: 32,646 (Largest in the Championship, yet again)

Youth System has gone down to Cat 3 instead of Cat 1, lost 0-3 to the Mags in the FA Cup - our one youth prospect has gone to man Utd for £2.6m

Intersting things that happened elsewhere:
  • Barnsley are now in the non-leagues
  • Emanuele Giaccherini is a scout at Udinese

Season 8 - 2020/2021
League Finish: 20th Premier League
Owner: Paul Jager
Finances:Secure
Estimated Value:£70M
Loan Debt: £85M
Top Scorer: David Moberg Karlsson, 16
Player of the Season: David Moberg-Karlsson, 6.83
Average Attendance: 39,183

Another disappointing Premier league season - but off the field anew owner and a rich German, 4,250 seats added to a stadium they can't fill an the youth system back up to Cat 1

Intersting things that happened elsewhere:
  • Morecambe got into the Championship when I wasn't looking
  • Coventry enter the non-leagues (Barnsley remain there)
  • Wayne Rooney has retired at Sparta Prague and has gone into management

Last edited:
1) Download a logopack, take this one for example - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6026
2) Put them in the following folder:
(if you don't have a graphics folder make one)
3) In game, go to Preferences, locate Interface and see Skin section - make sure 'Use caching to decrease page loading times' is unticked and Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences is ticked

But have you ever brought Jarrow Roofing to 1 division below the Conference North? Checkmate

Gonna start doing these in 2s soon as it's taking the piss
Season 5 - 2017/2018
League Finish: 7th (3rd year in the Championship)
Owner: Ellis Short (Finances:Okay)
Top Scorer: Ignacio Scocco, 19
Player of the Season: Andy White (19 year old on Loan from Man Utd), 7.14
Average Attendance: 29,663 (Largest in the Championship)

Had a look at the youth team and there's nobody of even good premier league class coming through any time soon

Literally a season nothing interesting happened

Season 6 - 2018/2019
League Finish: 4th (4th year in the Championship, knocked out by Palace in the play-off semis)
Finances:Insecure
Estimated Value:£16.5M
Loan Debt: £156M
Top Scorer: David Moberg Karlsson, 14
Player of the Season: Chris McCann (19 year old on Loan from Man Utd), 7.25
Average Attendance: 35,628 (Largest in the Championship, again)

Intersting things that happened:
  • Boro relegated to League 1
  • Blackpool to League 2
  • Nick Barmby is manager of Aston Villa
  • Joe Cole is manager at Farnborough
  • Roy Keane is manager of Manchester United
  • Allan Johnston is manager at Walsall
  • Craig Gardner is a scout for Ebbsfleet
I got seaham red star to championship and won the carling cup.......your move;)

Trying last one time to be successful with Sunderland, could only sell Larsson and Altidore which is annoying! One major advantage to before the January update is Scocco and Vergini, especially Scocco scored 24 in 36 finishing top scorer, only finished 12th like but hopefully have a bit more to spend and try for European qualifications in my second season.

Trying last one time to be successful with Sunderland, could only sell Larsson and Altidore which is annoying! One major advantage to before the January update is Scocco and Vergini, especially Scocco scored 24 in 36 finishing top scorer, only finished 12th like but hopefully have a bit more to spend and try for European qualifications in my second season.
Ask uncle ellis to up the percentage of transfer revenue aswell

Started a completely random game. Holidayed the first season and then decided to manage France and lead them into Euro 2016. Had some really poor form in my build up season of friendlies but it all clicked and I ended up winning the tournament fairly easily with Remy top scoring. After winning that I was in demand from league clubs. Got offered Bologna, Stuttgart and Villareal jobs before finally accepting the Southampton job. They were 17th in December but had a very good side and a good transfer budget. I signed a good defensive midfielder and 2 wonder kid strikers and led them to 4th and qualified for the Champions League.

I've had offers from Fiorentina, AC Milan, Stuttgart again, and Lyon but I'm going to stay put at least for this next season to test my team in the Champions League.

just got my laptop back so resumed my sunderland save from before it fucked up, vs Stoke, Adam Johnson tackle in the 9th minute, warned in the 10th, yellow in the 11th, sent off in the 12th, lost 1-0, things are going wonderfully so far, won one, lost 2 drawn one, fletcher is f***ing wank and has missed 3 open goals and got Man Utd next

just got my laptop back so resumed my sunderland save from before it fucked up, vs Stoke, Adam Johnson tackle in the 9th minute, warned in the 10th, yellow in the 11th, sent off in the 12th, lost 1-0, things are going wonderfully so far, won one, lost 2 drawn one, fletcher is f***ing wank and has missed 3 open goals and got Man Utd next
arseholed 5-1 off Man Utd, Wes Brown own goal, Vergini own goal, Alonso own goal...fuck me man, is this game ever anything other than punishing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back