Floral Tribute for the Newcastle lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliant brilliant brilliant ... transcends football and such stupid bitter rivalry
Hope the violent behaviour ends here and light hearted banter is the order of the day...
North easterners together it's refreshing to see ... well done to all contributers of both money and messages.

It's harvest season here so there's a lot of dust in the air[/QUOTE]

That must be it .......................... :cry: on a side note Newcastle Uniteds so called "super fan" has often been talked about on this message board oh how wrong we were the true super fans were John Alder and Liam Sweeney quietly going about supporting their team and never missing a game at any level since the seventies in Johns case, absolutely amazing. What's that saying the truth will out? RIP lads. I hope and pray the families have their loved ones back soon to say goodybye and lay them to rest.

I've never indulged fully in the hatred of Newcastle fans, growing up in County Durham there's always been a split, I'd say when I was a kid 70% of my mates were SAFC, 30 % NUFC. What's more I had NUFC fans in my extended family, cousins, uncles etc, and they're smashing people, if anything I had more respect for them as they were always proud Newcastle fans living and growing up in an area that predominantly wasn't (at that time, there was a slide during the keegan era)

So it's always made me sad somewhat whenever I've heard tales of or seen violence unfold in front of me surrounding our 2 clubs. Like everyone else no doubt, I've had geordie workmates who at times I've literally wanted to strangle! :lol: But it's restraining from such actions and finding other ways of shutting them up or going one better than them which keeps the true spirit of our rivalry going! True as has been displayed over the past few days with everything which has occurred surrounding this thread.

I believe that our rivalry will last forever (and thank fuck that it will) but I hope that the depth of hatred which sees people stoop to carry out mindless acts of thuggery diminishes, and as true fans I've no doubt that John Alder and Liam Sweeney would feel somewhat similar, if not exactly the same.

It's been said many times already but I just want to say a big well done to everyone who's played a part in the events surrounding this thread, however big or small, as we've found out it really has served to ease the suffering of the families of the 2 lads lost which is absolutely fantastic. I hope they're able to get their loved ones home and lay them to rest ASAP, and that they rest in peace.

Great job with the flowers, but 29.8k is amazing. OP has done an amazing job(along with everyone who has donated) and the comments from nufc fans has been class, hope it sprouts a more decent derby, but the main thing is that these 2 lads have been remembered in a way they would probably have never imagined.. bringing the n.e together for a week at least

When the news emerged about this in Friday I wasn't sure which way it would go, there are numpties on both sides and I desperately hoped our numpties wouldn't rear their heads.
However, even in the hope that wouldn't happen I never thought for a second that things would go so far in such a positive way.
It's truly remarkable, I usually hate the word awesome, but sometimes it's appropriate and this is one of those times.
Awesome, just awesome. I couldn't be prouder

When the news emerged about this in Friday I wasn't sure which way it would go, there are numpties on both sides and I desperately hoped our numpties wouldn't rear their heads.
However, even in the hope that wouldn't happen I never thought for a second that things would go so far in such a positive way.
It's truly remarkable, I usually hate the word awesome, but sometimes it's appropriate and this is one of those times.
Awesome, just awesome. I couldn't be prouder

Agree, some real class shown.

Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back