Floral Tribute for the Newcastle lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb stuff

It has been a proper class thread this, and it shows that despite being wankers you are all f***ing marvellous people

Its got a bit mental but gary has done a top job, thanks very much fella

As well as raising shed loads for charity I hope it has also provided some comfort to the families at such a horrendous time

it has mate , their words

Had a message form Richard, John Alder's nephew, he's asked me to post the first bit of it on the fundpage:

Words cannot express our sincere thanks and gratitude to everyone for their contributions and kind words, we are deeply humbled by the level of support and generosity shown by so many people at this difficult time.
John was a gentle, quiet man, who will be sorely missed by all of his family.
His passion for his team and football itself knew few limits. The fact that such a passion has united so many of you through your acts of kindness would no doubt have left him overwhelmed. We are certain though that he will be resting a little more peacefully in the knowledge that your generosity will be used for good, through the donation to local charities and good causes.
------------
On a separate note, I'd just like to say thanks again personally to you and all the other guys on the RTG board for everything you've done. I know it's now snowballed way beyond what any of us thought may happen, but every snowball needs a push to get started, and you and the other members on the message boards were the ones that gave it that push. For that, we will always be grateful to you all.
I'll be flying back to the country later today (I live in the US) - once I'm back home I'll get in touch, and see if we can organize that beer (or two) I promised you.
Thanks,
Richard

Had a message form Richard, John Alder's nephew, he's asked me to post the first bit of it on the fundpage:

Words cannot express our sincere thanks and gratitude to everyone for their contributions and kind words, we are deeply humbled by the level of support and generosity shown by so many people at this difficult time.
John was a gentle, quiet man, who will be sorely missed by all of his family.
His passion for his team and football itself knew few limits. The fact that such a passion has united so many of you through your acts of kindness would no doubt have left him overwhelmed. We are certain though that he will be resting a little more peacefully in the knowledge that your generosity will be used for good, through the donation to local charities and good causes.
------------
On a separate note, I'd just like to say thanks again personally to you and all the other guys on the RTG board for everything you've done. I know it's now snowballed way beyond what any of us thought may happen, but every snowball needs a push to get started, and you and the other members on the message boards were the ones that gave it that push. For that, we will always be grateful to you all.
I'll be flying back to the country later today (I live in the US) - once I'm back home I'll get in touch, and see if we can organize that beer (or two) I promised you.
Thanks,
Richard
Wonderful. Truly wonderful

When I read about the incident on Friday, I really hoped we wouldn't see any arseholes on here

As Friday developed, it was quite a relief to see now negative posts.

On Friday evening this kicked off and I watched the thread (contributing whilst pissed) and took genuine heart as it hit 2k

To get to 30k. Holy bloody hell.

And the reaction has been fitting and deserved

When I read about the incident on Friday, I really hoped we wouldn't see any arseholes on here

As Friday developed, it was quite a relief to see now negative posts.

On Friday evening this kicked off and I watched the thread (contributing whilst pissed) and took genuine heart as it hit 2k

To get to 30k. Holy bloody hell.

And the reaction has been fitting and deserved
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back