February 18th live footy on tv

Afternoon. Been to see the Under eights. My grandson has a condition that means he will never be a footballer. He loves football and it puts a smile on his face and keeps him fit.
It’s been a while since I saw him play and today’s experience left me feeling a bit sad tbh. He plays with a smile on his face but others just take it far too seriously.
None of the other kids looked like they were enjoying it. The oppositions coach was a disgrace. He was shouting at his team from the kick off and encouraging the kids is ok but within about two minutes he loudly criticised one of his players. I told my daughter he was a disgrace and a visiting parent told me that he was like that every week and I’d hear a lot worse. I did.
I wished I’d filmed him tbh. His antics were crazy. His voice went up a lot of octaves when he got angry so he sounded like a little girl 😳
Anyway he was obviously suffering from little man syndrome and I fully intended to have a word with him but my daughter pleaded with me not to., so I didn’t.
I’m amazed any parent would allow their child to play under a twerp like him. His team looked terrified. They won by the way.
Apart from that it was a nice morning and good to see the grandson enjoying himself👍
Rant over 😉🥊
On a similar note, I was watching a Sunday morning game in a village I used to live in.
The coach had some gob on him and was just relentless.
There was a canny crowd mostly passing time till the club opened.
He shouted (names changed obvs): "Howay John Smith you've been invisible in this game.. get into them man"
A shout from a spectator: "He's not even playing you daft tw**... you picked the f team" 😆

Lazio v Bologna has been a cracker.

Thiago Motta will be up there with Alonso for all of the top jobs this summer no doubt.

Zirkzee up top for them will probably go for crazy money too.

Proof that you can do very well with a youthful squad, IF you still have a sprinkling of experience in there.

Someone should get our lot over there to watch them for a couple of games…

Last edited:
06:00
Central Coast Mariners v Western Sydney Wanderers
A-League Men
TNT Sports 6

Macarthur FC v Wellington Phoenix
A-League Men
TNT Sports 3

Melbourne City Women v Adelaide United Women
A-League Women
TNT Sports 7

Western United Women v Wellington Phoenix Women
A-League Women
TNT Sports 8

11:30
Perth Glory Women v Central Coast Mariners Women
A-League Women
TNT Sports 6

11:30
Lazio v Bologna
Serie A
TNT Sports 3

12:00
Brighton & Hove Albion Women v Liverpool Women
FA Women's Super League
Sky Showcase Sky Sports Mix

Strasbourg v Lorient
Ligue 1
TNT Sports 4

St Johnstone v Rangers
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Main Event Sky Sports Football Sky Sports Ultra HDR

13:00
Bayer Leverkusen Women v Hoffenheim Women
Frauen Bundesliga
DAZN

Rayo Vallecano v Real Madrid
La Liga
Viaplay Sports 2 LA LIGA TV

Barcelona Women v Atlético Madrid Women
Liga F
TNT Sports 1DAZN

14:00
Monaco v Toulouse
Ligue 1
TNT Sports 3

Sheffield United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Premier League
Sky Sports Main Event Sky Sports Premier League Sky Sports Ultra HDR

Empoli v Fiorentina
Serie A
TNT Sports 2

Udinese v Cagliari
Serie A
TNT Sports 4

14:30
SC Freiburg v Eintracht Frankfurt
Bundesliga
Sky Sports Football

Real Madrid Women v Tenerife Women
Liga F
DAZN

15:10
Rangers Women v Celtic Women
SWPL1
BBC Alba BBC iPlayer BBC Sport Website

15:15
Granada v Almeria
La Liga
Viaplay Sports 1 LA LIGA Tv

16:00
Motherwell Women v Glasgow City
SWPL1
BBC iPlayer BBC Sport Website

16:00
AC Milan Women v Inter Milan Women
Serie A Women
DAZN

16:05
Reims v RC Lens
Ligue 1
TNT Sports 3

16:30
VFL Bochum v Bayern Munich
Bundesliga
Sky Sports Football

16:30
Luton Town v Manchester United
Premier League
Sky Sports Main Event Sky Sports Premier League Sky Sports Ultra HDR

17:00
Madrid CFF v Levante Las Planas
Liga F
DAZN

17:00
Frosinone v Roma
Serie A
TNT Sports 2

17:30
Real Mallorca v Real Sociedad
La Liga

19:45
Brest v Marseille
Ligue 1
TNT Sports 2

19:45
Monza v AC Milan
Serie A
TNT Sports 1

20:00
Real Betis v Alavés
La Liga

Morning all that’s yer lot Rangers 2 Premier League games & a foreign game for me

For me, come on hatters stuff manure

I wouldn’t have lumped him but wanted to knock his baseball cap off his head into the mud 😆
No, seriously he needs to stop criticising kids like that and put some fun back into the game.
We’re off out with the pooch now, we’re going over to the Headland it’s a nice day here in British West Hartlepool.
Enjoy your Sunday marra 👍

….and you Mate.
A few hours gardening for me.
Thanks dom, I appreciate that

Yes that is superb news today. 🍷👍

Last edited:
….and you Mate.
A few hours gardening for me.

Yes that is superb news today. 🍷👍
We started on the garden a few weeks back but there’s a lot more to do. We have to pay £35 a year to have our council gardening waste bin emptied. The first collection for us is May 18th 😤
It’s full now !
We have to book an appointment to visit the council tip, can you believe that ?
Does any other council insist on this ?
I’m thinking of driving to Wingate or Horden and using their tip. Anyway I’m having a vino listening to The Christians 👍my better half is watching housewives of LA with a glass of fiz😆
She’ll join me soon and will tell me what I can listen to ! 😉

Last edited:
Lazio v Bologna has been a cracker.

Thiago Motta will be up there with Alonso for all of the top jobs this summer no doubt.

Zirkzee up top for them will probably go for crazy money too.

Proof that you can do very well with a youthful squad, IF you still have a sprinkling of experience in there.

Someone should get our lot over there to watch them for a couple of games…
Just watched Danny Wellbeck score a brace for Brighton at the ripe old age of 33.

Experience is essential in any team in any league!!!
We started on the garden a few weeks back but there’s a lot more to do. We have to pay £35 a year to have our council gardening waste bin emptied. The first collection for us is May 18th 😤
It’s full now !
I’m thinking of driving to Wingate or Horden and using their tip. Anyway I’m having a vino listening to The Christians 👍my better half is watching housewives of LA with a glass of fiz😆
Afternoon @T_Bone ...we have to book to go to the tip here in MK and believe it or not it works great. Once registered its a piece of cake and no queuing for ages to get in. I was sceptical at first as we're most people but give them their due it works well.

Last edited:
Nice one Mate.
Respect to Sunderland and how enjoyable and refreshing was STID.
Gave me (Ian Wake) some much needed therapy and reasoning. Loved the Sunderland fans on the programme and would have a drink with any of them.

My lad at Uni watched it last night and read a 2am message saying that he was sobbing at the end. Was complimentary about everything. ⚽

My Club is definitely having a negative impact in my life right now.😟

I have a very good friend, who is a Man United supporter, he is so blinkered that he doesn't even know that Swindon even exists, sad really. Its about 4 Division and beyond for people like you and me. Good luck marra.
Morning @sismanhatton ...hope you don't get drenched watching the grandsons football, we've had some lumpy showers down the road here in MK...I used to love a couple of pints on a Sunday lunchtime followed by a nice roast and a nap on the 🛋 sofa :lol:

They came from behind, 3-1 down to win 4-3, lad scored 2

Last edited:
It’s full now !
I was at the recycling centre at Thornley Station a few weeks ago, probably the one you call Wingate, and there was a council man there who was stopping cars and asking folk if they had proof of address on them ( I didn’t) apparently they’re trying to stop interlopers from other councils using tips outside of their council area 🤷‍♂️
How they hope to achieve this I have no idea, I’ve been back since and the council man ( and his clipboard) wasn’t there 😁

I was at the recycling centre at Thornley Station a few weeks ago, probably the one you call Wingate, and there was a council man there who was stopping cars and asking folk if they had proof of address on them ( I didn’t) apparently they’re trying to stop interlopers from other councils using tips outside of their council area 🤷‍♂️
How they hope to achieve this I have no idea, I’ve been back since and the council man ( and his clipboard) wasn’t there 😁
Thanks for that info 👍

Just watched Danny Wellbeck score a brace for Brighton at the ripe old age of 33.

Experience is essential in any team in any league!!!

Afternoon @T_Bone ...we have to book to go to the tip here in MK and believe it or not it works great. Once registered its a piece of cake and no queuing for ages to get in. I was sceptical at first as we're most people but give them their due it works well.
The last time I tried to book a place it was like the Krypton factor. I’ll give it another go.👍
Anyways, music is off, Luton is on.
Good game 👍

Back