February 18th live footy on tv

Good morning Hank,, Luton for me, just to see if both teams can lose.

Good morning Becs, lad's and lasses, some great post this morning, in particular @gluepot @ATS @Mk Mackem does put the football into perspective.
I would like to mention @Swindon On Tour after reading his thread earlier, and again highlighting other clubs difficulties.

Football this morning with the grandson, followed by a few pints of Madri.

@thamesvalleyman blessing in disguise missing yesterday's shite. Enjoy your day marra

Nice one Mate.
Respect to Sunderland and how enjoyable and refreshing was STID.
Gave me (Ian Wake) some much needed therapy and reasoning. Loved the Sunderland fans on the programme and would have a drink with any of them.

My lad at Uni watched it last night and read a 2am message saying that he was sobbing at the end. Was complimentary about everything. ⚽

My Club is definitely having a negative impact in my life right now.😟

Morning Hank, morning all.
Morning BC
Good morning Hank, good morning all. Just the Premier League games for me. Have a good one all.
Morning mate
Good morning Hank,, Luton for me, just to see if both teams can lose.

Good morning Becs, lad's and lasses, some great post this morning, in particular @gluepot @ATS @Mk Mackem does put the football into perspective.
I would like to mention @Swindon On Tour after reading his thread earlier, and again highlighting other clubs difficulties.

Football this morning with the grandson, followed by a few pints of Madri.

@thamesvalleyman blessing in disguise missing yesterday's shite. Enjoy your day marra
Morning mate
Morning Hank Becs and fine folk
Nowt for me
Stay healthy be lucky and FTM!
Morning dom

Last edited:
Cheers matey. I love Edinburgh, been there on a stag do, for pre-season friendlies at Hearts and Hibs back in the day and with my wife. All very different experiences.

Hope you are well Mate.👍
Even the Samaritans are blocking calls anything Swindon Town related 😂😂

You just have to laugh and smile through it when it gets this bad.
STID was my soul mate yesterday, never stopped thinking about it.
Ha’way the lads.

Morning Hank. I’m rapidly losing faith in our ability to stay in this league never mind get promoted. Our performances are inept. Might watch Luton - let’s see what we could have won.

Morning all. I see the cricket is going well. We just need Root and Stokes to score 500 in 4 sessions. That’s about as likely as us making the play offs.

Can you tell I’m vexed.

You will be fine Mate.
Will be watching Luton later and thinking Ffs why is that not us. Similar standing Clubs and history.

They went red and the ball fell on it, we went black and all turned to shit.😂

Jack Clarke by the way is poor and so over rated. Needs a season long loan in League Two. Clearly is a shit driver and struggles navigating roundabouts.
PM me I have a plan 🤣

Hope you are well Mate.👍
Even the Samaritans are blocking calls anything Swindon Town related 😂😂

You just have to laugh and smile through it when it gets this bad.
STID was my soul mate yesterday, never stopped thinking about it.
Ha’way the lads.
All ok here thanks, I'm cracking on and considerably better than my football team at present! On a personal level we had some good news recently as my wife's mammogram was clear which was a huge relief and really puts everything else into perspective.

Going back to football, experience tells me never to let the highs get too high or the lows get too low as there is always another game around the corner to anticipate and an opportunity for redemption. Having said that from a Sunderland perspective there is usually a snake lying in wait at the bottom of every potential ladder to bring us back down to Earth with a bump! As you know 'laugh when we win, smile when we lose' has always been my mantra when it comes to SAFC and I won't deviate from that approach.

Hope all is well with you and yours and good luck at Edgeley Park next weekend, I have a feeling that you might need it. Great support as always and remember, whatever happens on and off the pitch, the likes of yourself are the lifeblood of your club and whilst owners, head coaches and managers come and go, we as fans are the constant. Keep the faith and hopefully the tide will turn in your favour 🙏

Best wishes and take care

Afternoon. Been to see the Under eights. My grandson has a condition that means he will never be a footballer. He loves football and it puts a smile on his face and keeps him fit.
It’s been a while since I saw him play and today’s experience left me feeling a bit sad tbh. He plays with a smile on his face but others just take it far too seriously.
None of the other kids looked like they were enjoying it. The oppositions coach was a disgrace. He was shouting at his team from the kick off and encouraging the kids is ok but within about two minutes he loudly criticised one of his players. I told my daughter he was a disgrace and a visiting parent told me that he was like that every week and I’d hear a lot worse. I did.
I wished I’d filmed him tbh. His antics were crazy. His voice went up a lot of octaves when he got angry so he sounded like a little girl 😳
Anyway he was obviously suffering from little man syndrome and I fully intended to have a word with him but my daughter pleaded with me not to., so I didn’t.
I’m amazed any parent would allow their child to play under a twerp like him. His team looked terrified. They won by the way.
Apart from that it was a nice morning and good to see the grandson enjoying himself👍
Rant over 😉🥊

Afternoon. Been to see the Under eights. My grandson has a condition that means he will never be a footballer. He loves football and it puts a smile on his face and keeps him fit.
It’s been a while since I saw him play and today’s experience left me feeling a bit sad tbh. He plays with a smile on his face but others just take it far too seriously.
None of the other kids looked like they were enjoying it. The oppositions coach was a disgrace. He was shouting at his team from the kick off and encouraging the kids is ok but within about two minutes he loudly criticised one of his players. I told my daughter he was a disgrace and a visiting parent told me that he was like that every week and I’d hear a lot worse. I did.
I wished I’d filmed him tbh. His antics were crazy. His voice went up a lot of octaves when he got angry so he sounded like a little girl 😳
Anyway he was obviously suffering from little man syndrome and I fully intended to have a word with him but my daughter pleaded with me not to., so I didn’t.
I’m amazed any parent would allow their child to play under a twerp like him. His team looked terrified. They won by the way.
Apart from that it was a nice morning and good to see the grandson enjoying himself👍
Rant over 😉🥊

As long as he is enjoying it Mate that is everything.
I have been on that touch line as well with both my lads. One had the Coach from hell, the other the best I have ever seen.
I know what you witnessed, seen it many times. Little Man syndrome so prevalent in kids football, even worse when you have a Coach and Son relationship in the same team, it’s worse.
You have a great day and glad you didn’t lump him one 🤣

All ok here thanks, I'm cracking on and considerably better than my football team at present! On a personal level we had some good news recently as my wife's mammogram was clear which was a huge relief and really puts everything else into perspective.

Going back to football, experience tells me never to let the highs get too high or the lows get too low as there is always another game around the corner to anticipate and an opportunity for redemption. Having said that from a Sunderland perspective there is usually a snake lying in wait at the bottom of every potential ladder to bring us back down to Earth with a bump! As you know 'laugh when we win, smile when we lose' has always been my mantra when it comes to SAFC and I won't deviate from that approach.

Hope all is well with you and yours and good luck at Edgeley Park next weekend, I have a feeling that you might need it. Great support as always and remember, whatever happens on and off the pitch, the likes of yourself are the lifeblood of your club and whilst owners, head coaches and managers come and go, we as fans are the constant. Keep the faith and hopefully the tide will turn in your favour 🙏

Best wishes and take care
Great news about your wife Cyprus, take good care of yourselves!

Rant over 😉🥊
Too much of this about Coaches and parents trying to live their faded dreams through their kids.
Let them just enjoy it!

As long as he is enjoying it Mate that is everything.
I have been on that touch line as well with both my lads. One had the Coach from hell, the other the best I have ever seen.
I know what you witnessed, seen it many times. Little Man syndrome so prevalent in kids football, even worse when you have a Coach and Son relationship in the same team, it’s worse.
You have a great day and glad you didn’t lump him one 🤣
I wouldn’t have lumped him but wanted to knock his baseball cap off his head into the mud 😆
No, seriously he needs to stop criticising kids like that and put some fun back into the game.
We’re off out with the pooch now, we’re going over to the Headland it’s a nice day here in British West Hartlepool.
Enjoy your Sunday marra 👍

Rant over 😉🥊

Back