FC United of Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/results.php
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/tables.php

Point for them today. Just need 9 from their last 5, or more realistically 8 given their GD to secure the title and promotion - that's if Ashton win every match. Blyth remain 3 points off a play off place with 5 games to go.

Some canny crowds in that league today mind - 3000 at FCUM, 1750 at Halesowen, 870 at Workington. 1,100 at Scarborough in the league below (against Darlo).

Definitely a straight shootout now between Salford and Darlo in the league below. Darlo have the slight advantage, but seem a bit more vulnerable at the minute so that should go right to the wire.

Could be squeaky bum time for them again. They lost tonight at a decent side, but one who had nowt to play for and are only 2 points clear. They have 2 home games in a row and if they win them they will be up but if they were to lose one, or draw both of them then they might be just 2 points clear on final day where they are away to their closest challengers Workington - that could be a huge match.

They have Stamford home on Saturday and while they should win, Stamford are in a relegation dog fight. Workington do have to go to Ilkeston as well, but Ashton might sneak in.

Thoughts @FC United of Manchester?

Having a bit of a stutter, they drew 0-0 away on Saturday too.

I still think they'll do it like, they've been the stand out side in that league since November time. 5 points is all thats required for promotion iirc

My mate was only on the bench tonight, which I found strange. They should still do it but really could do with getting it wrapped up.

Workington away last game :eek:

My mate was only on the bench tonight, which I found strange. They should still do it but really could do with getting it wrapped up.

Workington away last game :eek:
I can remember Workington going out of the league, probably the first team I can recall doing so, seemed strange at the time.

You're completely missing the whole f***ing point. It was about groups of mates who no longer wanted to go to Old Trafford sticking together to go to matches. Not all Man United supporters are/were from Manchester so when they set up FC United, guess what some of them still were not from Manchester or Salford.

The whole point of continuing to go to games with mates you'd known for years and travelled all over Europe with couldn't have been achieved if everybody went to their own local non league club.

So what was the alternative? All descend on another established non league club riding roughshod over people that had supported that non league club for years?

Leigh RMI tried desperately to persuade us to take over their club but it just wouldn't have been right and no doubt you'd then have blasted us as typical arrogant Man Utd supporters taking over somebody else's club, and not a little hypocritical seeing as it was in response to somebody unwelcome taking over the club they were leaving.

The only way this huge group of people could stick together and continue going to matches together was to form a brand new club. Nothing else would have worked and achieved that objective.
out of interest... do you still go to man utd games? if not... would you go back if things were similar to back in the day? or are you totally comitted to FCUM

Last edited:
Do Man U fans still wave green & yellow scarves around at OT in protest of the owners spending millions on world class players and managers?

Each person to a man who I know that started following FCUM when they formed have all renewed their season tickets at Old Trafford, they now follow FCUM as their second team.
Did they all lose their yellow and green Newton Heath scarves, or give them to Norwich as well?

"Green and Gold until we're sold". :lol::lol::lol:

Decent away game for next season, if we stay up and the fixture list match's I will be popping along to there new stadium with Harrogate Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back