FC United of Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every bit as plastic a creation as anything else in modern football. There are loads of great, old, clubs in the Manchester area that they could follow - Macclesfield, Bury, Stockport to name just three. No idea what they were whinging about.

Funny you should mention that, as there was a matter posted on their facebook page along those lines.
I'm sure it was suggested that they wouldn't "sell their soul" as it were..Mainly as Sky (Alongside the Glazers) were the main reason for their creation.
I do think it is truly commendable if they continue with their ethics and morals

They Will "Sell their Soul"

Well wait until they are in the Football League Proper and they have to buy the golden share...! As of that point they have sold their soul to Sky and every other fucker that wants a cut.

If they don't comply they don't get promoted!

Why on earth though?

Glazers won about 5 league titles and they were in the European cup final 3 years of of 4
More to do with the club always being in the black and were winning everything whilst also making profit every year then the Glazers bought the club with a loan and they dumped that onto the club

They've been forced to wear a sponsor on their shirt tonight by Whitby Town for a Goth festival!

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=6117
April Fool?

I've followed their progress for over a year now. They were so unlucky last season being pipped by Chorley and losing out in the playoffs. They were steady but unspectacular for the first few months of the season but have been on an unreal run and made the most of their games in hand. They're in a great position now like and its theirs to lose.

Looks like a canny little ground they'll have for next year too, after 7 years in the same league and no ground to call their own I'm sure its an exciting time for the fans.

Every bit as plastic a creation as anything else in modern football. There are loads of great, old, clubs in the Manchester area that they could follow - Macclesfield, Bury, Stockport to name just three. No idea what they were whinging about.

A family borrowing to buy a club they obviously could not afford. Selling out to SKY, being able to watch football at
3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. They still care deeply about MUFC which was pretty evident enough when I saw them but they feel they've had been sold down the river. Ironically the day I went to see them play was 28th Feb the day we played away to MUFC. I say good luck to them they had the balls to give it a go.

Each person to a man who I know that started following FCUM when they formed have all renewed their season tickets at Old Trafford, they now follow FCUM as their second team.

They Will "Sell their Soul"

Well wait until they are in the Football League Proper and they have to buy the golden share...! As of that point they have sold their soul to Sky and every other fucker that wants a cut.

If they don't comply they don't get promoted!
This. They won't be cool to support forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back