Fair play to Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a steady enough manager who gave is only our 3rd top ten finish in 50 year and got Hull to first cup final in history.
I always thought our dislike of him was because he was a mag but apparently not as we aren't in least bit bothered about them! :lol:

He's not 'steady enough' at all. He's probably spent more years at lower levels than he has in the top flight. He's spent money at two premier league clubs and took them down and was close to taking us down before he left. He also took Huddersfield down after spending more money in one season than they had in probably their whole history. That's 3 relegations on his CV. He also failed to get Sheff United promoted after spending freely their too, he's f***ing rank average and he more or less guarantees one decent PL season every 6 or 7 years and one relegation every 6 or 7 too, with a few years of fighting relegation inbetween.

For the funds he's had at almost all the clubs he's been, barring possibly Palace (because he had funds at Wigan too, despite him proclaiming otherwise), he's not really done that well at all. Only someone either ignorant or clearing acting as a WUM on a messageboard would suggest he's steady enough or that a dislike of a failing manager is due to where he was born and who he supported as a kid.

He's not 'steady enough' at all. He's probably spent more years at lower levels than he has in the top flight. He's spent money at two premier league clubs and took them down and was close to taking us down before he left. He also took Huddersfield down after spending more money in one season than they had in probably their whole history. That's 3 relegations on his CV. He also failed to get Sheff United promoted after spending freely their too, he's f***ing rank average and he more or less guarantees one decent PL season every 6 or 7 years and one relegation every 6 or 7 too, with a few years of fighting relegation inbetween.

For the funds he's had at almost all the clubs he's been, barring possibly Palace (because he had funds at Wigan too, despite him proclaiming otherwise), he's not really done that well at all. Only someone either ignorant or clearing acting as a WUM on a messageboard would suggest he's steady enough or that a dislike of a failing manager is due to where he was born and who he supported as a kid.
So totally ignoring any of his relative achievements and concentrate solely on his failings. No agenda of course! :lol:
Wigans best ever finish, Sunderlands 3rd best in 50 year, Hulls first ever cup final.
I'm not saying he's a great manager just a steady one who done ok for us and has done at other clubs too.

Any one think he will be replaced next week as coach/manger.catering staff ........If I were chairman of Hull city I would definitely consider it. I think its a distinct possibility.

This. They probably wouldn't have been relegated last season with a half decent manager in charge of that squad

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he walks if another job (Villa) comes up - slagged off the fans recently over the protests, which is usually the beginning of the end for a manager. Very disappointing that Newcastle aren't in the market for a manager anymore.

Said he's considering his future, given the rumours of a takeover, with new owners normally wanting their own people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03wl8ms

So totally ignoring any of his relative achievements and concentrate solely on his failings. No agenda of course! :lol:
Wigans best ever finish, Sunderlands 3rd best in 50 year, Hulls first ever cup final.
I'm not saying he's a great manager just a steady one who done ok for us and has done at other clubs too.
He's a horrible tit and so are you.

Well liked and respected in the game. The ramblings of some bitter Sunderland fans won't change that.
no different from the ramblings of non-bitter ones man. :lol:
Looking at him yesterday he really needs to watch his weight - could get diabetes and go blind which would make it difficult to carry on taking teams up and down the leagues imo

That top 10 finish was a massive fluke. I don't hate him because of his Newcastle connection, I hate him because of the utter shite he left us with.

Aye after spending three quarters of the season in the top 10, the tenth placed finish after 38 games was a "massive fluke".

The sad fact is that this ridiculous revisionism wouldn't be happening if he wasn't a mag.

Last edited by a moderator:
after spending more money in one season than they had in probably their whole history. He also failed to get Sheff United promoted after spending freely their too.

For the funds he's had at almost all the clubs he's been, barring possibly Palace (because he had funds at Wigan too, despite him proclaiming otherwise), he's not really done that well at all.

Those comments, immediately, put me in mind of another manager, would anyone care to guess who?

That final day was ridiculous. The stars aligned and we ended up 10th on goal difference , we were hardly cemented in the top 10, we were there because everyone else fucked up.

The following season his record was appalling not to mention how much money he blew in a pre Congerton era

That 10th place finished papered over some almighty cracks like. The way we went to pieces once we sold Bent was f***ing embarrassing.

He should have been sacked at the end of the 2010/11 season and that's not with the benefit of hindsight either. It was obvious at the time that he had completely ran out of ideas but if he had been sacked that summer then I imagine that the vast majority of our fans would have wished him well and he probably would have been fairly well regarded by us. Once he started slating the fans, and he did so for months before he was sacked, that's when the dislike came in.

Been our best manager in recent years.

He seemed to completely lose the plot in his last season re tactics & team selections tho. He deserved the sack

That 10th place finished papered over some almighty cracks like. The way we went to pieces once we sold Bent was f***ing embarrassing.

He should have been sacked at the end of the 2010/11 season and that's not with the benefit of hindsight either. It was obvious at the time that he had completely ran out of ideas but if he had been sacked that summer then I imagine that the vast majority of our fans would have wished him well and he probably would have been fairly well regarded by us. Once he started slating the fans, and he did so for months before he was sacked, that's when the dislike came in.
Did he slate the fans a small amount of people were giving him more stick than you usually would because of where he was from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back