Fair play to Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was for something which happened in 1973. Times were very, very different then, as has been discussed on here many times.

It would be daft to pretend that there haven't been any issues with Mags representing the club over the last few years - things like that didn't really happen back then.
The Geordie thing was never a real issue it was Bruce that amplified it after he left. The only time fans used it was in the last game v Wigan when things got nasty for a few minutes.

The Geordie thing was never a real issue it was Bruce that amplified it after he left. The only time fans used it was in the last game v Wigan when things got nasty for a few minutes.
Nasty it was down right posnious

Never seen a Sunderland crowd turn on a manager like that

That was for something which happened in 1973. Times were very, very different then, as has been discussed on here many times.

It would be daft to pretend that there haven't been any issues with Mags representing the club over the last few years - things like that didn't really happen back then.

I don't think that's true tbf. Players like Colback got no stick whilst he when we knew they were Geordies, Lee Clark was accepted and liked, only a handful wouldn't accept him as he was a geordie, but he soured that relationship not us. Chopra was a really dislikeable character and of questionable quality it took something out of the norm for the majority to turn. Anyone who thinks Bruce took the stick he did for being a Geordie and not for his management and especially his comments isn't really looking and judging fairly.

Bent wasn't even one of his signings, we'd been trying to get him in since Keane got us promoted. It was a Quinn signing if anything else.

Yeah we'd been linked much earlier and he was the reason we didn't even bother following up interest in Cisse. He came in under Bruce though so I guess he has to be attributed to someone.

Last edited:
I don't think that's true tbf. Players like Colback got no stick whilst he when we knew they were Geordies, Lee Clark was accepted and liked, only a handful wouldn't accept him as he was a geordie, but he soured that relationship not us. Chopra was a really dislikeable character and of questionable quality it took something out of the norm for the majority to turn. Anyone who thinks Bruce took the stick he did for being a Geordie and not for his management and especially his comments isn't really looking and judging fairly.

Yeah we'd been linked much earlier and he was the reason we didn't even bother following up interest in Cisse. He came in under Bruce though so I guess he has to be attributed to someone.

I'm not willing to give him credit for it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back