EU Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
ukip voters are total wank.regardless of the other parties,wot f***ing policies do UKIP have apart from out of Europe.it's so easy to do protests.just look at the gallowgate end.aka Ashley and pardew out.

That's the problem - they have!!

One of the barmaids at the bar I drink in voted Labour in locals and Green in Europe. Maybe I'm just stupid (likely answer is yes :lol:) but I don't understand why people vote different parties for different areas. It's like saying "I vote Labour for local but Conservative for general"...why??

locals & GE are FPTP, this encourages people to vote tactically agaisnt who you don't want rather than for who you want.
Also local issues can be different to national or european issues.

Gained say 30% of the national vote.

UKIP will be targeting specific area's for the general election. They won't get anywhere near 30% of the national vote.

But they could potentially have elected MP's with less than 30% of the share, if they target the right places.

Yeah, that kind of explains it. But still...if you have a belief in a party to do something locally, why not have the same belief country-wide or european?
Using the lib dems as an example

I may not think they would do a good job nationally at this time.. However, they may run my local services well enough. I could be anti Europe so would never vote for them In Europe.

UKIP will be targeting specific area's for the general election. They won't get anywhere near 30% of the national vote.

But they could potentially have elected MP's with less than 30% of the share, if they target the right places.
Which is what I pretty much said.

what they actually promised was a graduate tax. the current system is that in all but name. those who don't get great jobs will pay less back, those who benefit the most will pay more back. it's a better system
Yeah alright, miles better. I'm on an average salary, I could have realistically saved up over the next decade and paid my kids fees, no chance now. If I want to change careers through unemployment now I get into 30k worth of debt rather than 10k. It's so much better now.

Cheers Dave, appreciate it, you deserve all the blow jobs. Top man Dave Cameron.

Yeah alright, miles better. I'm on an average salary, I could have realistically saved up over the next decade and paid my kids fees, no chance now. If I want to change careers through unemployment now I get into 30k worth of debt rather than 10k. It's so much better now.

Cheers Dave, appreciate it, you deserve all the blow jobs. Top man Dave Cameron.

More like 40k mate, with a student maintenance loan (which is needed if you live there and don't have "rich" parents). For the younger people that is*

Using the lib dems as an example

I may not think they would do a good job nationally at this time.. However, they may run my local services well enough. I could be anti Europe so would never vote for them In Europe.

That makes sense actually :)

At the moment it's the only way to show the others that you don't want to be part of Europe.

This one doesn't make sense, to me...we're going to pay for these people to be in the European Parliament for them to tell Parliament that we don't want to be there...:confused:

The main 2 parties need to start trying to engage with the 65% of people who didn't bother their arse to vote. Instead they are trying to scratch around to win a few right wing UKIP votes.

It's all wrong.

If they can't be arsed to vote that's their problem, no one else's.

It's not real debt, most people won't come close to paying anywhere near it all off.

Someone of average salary will be paying off £40 a month, under the old system that was £80

Clegg could have told the Dems to vote however the felt was best rather than tow the party Tory line. Alternatively he could have used his clout to keep tuition fees the same rather than tripling them, getting rid of tuition fees wasn't going to happen, what we got was a disgrace.
I can't believe it's been so long since this was passed and people like you don't understand it. The tuition fees are far better now. They are a de-facto tax on the more affluent and as you no longer have to pay anything up front it makes education far more accessible. This was a Liberal Democrat generated policy from memory and one of the best things that has happened during the current parliament.

Introducing fees and abolishing grants was the real disgrace, that and http://www.theguardian.com/education/2009/nov/03/second-degrees-higher-education-funding, introduced by Labour. The second degree thing still annoys me. It reduces social mobility and makes for a less flexible labour force. Yet none of you fuckers were up in arms about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back