Empty seats at Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Didsbury and Chorlton are populated by people born in Manc (ignoring retired grannies who won't follow football)?

Compared to say Levenshulme or Stockport?

I'll raise your utter tosh and call your bollox... :)

Im the only poster who has quoted a study on who supports who where in Manc. The rest of you are just going off personal opinion. .
"The survey demonstrated that there is a general east-south support for Manchester City and north-west support for Manchester United which correlates with the location of both clubs respective stadiums" Conclusive stuff that like, 1 survey in the MEN. The divide has to be somewhere, why not Didsbury/Chorlton? I know people whose family have lived in the areas for generations, some are City but most are United. I'm not sure why you're getting so upset about it. :D

You think Didsbury and Chorlton are populated by people born in Manc (ignoring retired grannies who won't follow football)?

Compared to say Levenshulme or Stockport?

I'll raise your utter tosh and call your bollox... :)

Im the only poster who has quoted a study on who supports who where in Manc. The rest of you are just going off personal opinion. .

Not exclusively, obviously, but majoritively yes (Didsbury might be a bit different due to the high student population, but I've never mentioned Didsbury). It's a shame for the grannies though, some fans of 50odd years you're ignoring there, I know a few who would swat you with their handbags for that.

I'm not comparing it to anywhere else.

Tosh. Amusing to read but still tosh.

Experience of living here 20+ years, working in the pubs, and generally it being pretty much obvious to anyone round here.

does me head in this like, they are expanding the stadium because their average attendance in the premier league is around 99% of the capacity, and there is a waiting list for season tickets. so there is a couple hundred empty seats for a champions league match who gives a shit man, we cant talk about attendances at all, we have one of the LOWEST percentage of fans to seats in the Premier League, so its a bit ironic to try and say they are 'failing' to support their team. I dare say we would be exactly the same for European nights if we ever get there.

this. well said
but we have the highest ratio of fans attending to city population

To be honest a weekend game against say Spurs are more interesting than any CL-group match to most City fans.. Perhaps we still got that small club mentality :cool:

So much tosh written about the champions league. It might be the most important competition for the accountants but it will never be for the hardcore supporters. Winning your domestic league and establishing bragging rights over your rival fans is more important to the supporters.

Two page piece in the sun today where the writer rips the piss out of city's attendances/empty seats.

I've been in the Emirates for a CL game and there were thousands of empty seats, despite the official attendance being 60,000.

In with the season ticket like man utd?

So much tosh written about the champions league. It might be the most important competition for the accountants but it will never be for the hardcore supporters. Winning your domestic league and establishing bragging rights over your rival fans is more important to the supporters.

In the sun today it said that seems to be the view of city fans (and says that isnt the way man utd and liverpool fans think?) and apparently that is small time thinking.

I agree which is why a European league will never be a success. Unless you're playing a top side from France, Spain, Italy or Germany I reckon most fans won't give a toss. Domestically you have rivalries that have developed over 100 years of football history and God knows how many years more for inter-town/regional rivalries. You just don't have that history with foreign teams.

Must have the wrong game as there was certainly a couple of games where it was around 30k as I worked with a mag at the time. Inter, maybe.

Got 3x crowds of 40,000 v Feyenoord, Kiev & Leverkusen. Rest were more or less full.

Seem to remember tickets were sold daftly in packages rather than on a game by game basis for some reason.

Anyway, unless it's further on in the competition or you're playing a team with a star name, much like the League Cup nowadays it's often a chore to turn out for Europe particularly at extra cost - even moreso if it's steep.

What I can't understand is teams like Hull who had never played in Europe before and are unlikely to again any time soon but still stay away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back