Empty seats at Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debatable.

I think we'd sell out CL games if we'd just won the league like. Maybe longer term if we had the success numbers may drop off but initially I think we'd sell out. Sadly I don't think this will ever be tested out tho haha

They've averaged well over 40k for the last 10 years at least so how do you work that out??
There's a difference between a long term core supporter and the average. Cup domestic cup matches are a good indicator.

When city were relegated to the second and third tier they their core support that stuck by them was around 28-30k.

We've averaged around 40k since we came back into the PL but our core support is below that.

There's a difference between a long term core supporter and the average. Cup domestic cup matches are a good indicator.

When city were relegated to the second and third tier they their core support that stuck by them was around 28-30k.

We've averaged around 40k since we came back into the PL but our core support is below that.

Exactly

I reckon our hard core support is 14/5000

Turn up who ever we play

Thing is the prices being what they are, it doesn't matter how good they are, either you can afford it or you can't. Some obviously can't.

I got an e-mail at work offering corporate seats which entitled you to a 3 course meal, access to a cash bar (!) for 2.5 hours before the match and 1 hour afterwards, access to gambling facilities and free parking. If you bought 1 ticket for £200 you could get a second ticket for only £100.

Last season we were offered free tickets for the league cup game against West Ham (after City had won the first leg 5-0) and free tickets for our league game (that got postponed, tickets still valid for the re-arranged game). And I mean work had been given 50+ tickets not 3 or 4, it might have been 200 for the league cup game.

I know far more United fans in Manchester than I do City but that's because I live in the south of the city where it's traditionally United. City fans live in the east and north of the city, those areas are far less affluent. It's all down to the price and I doubt you'd see any different at Sunderland after the initial euphoria had waned after the first couple of years in the champions league. I'd love to find out :lol:

But that's the cost of watching football at this level, it's not cheap but I would have thought that one of the best sides in the country would attract full houses for big games like.

Why they bothering to extend then if they can't even fill it atm.

They'll fill it for games against Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and the like.

But midweek games that are on the telly, even CL ones, might be harder for them to sell out. ..

They'll fill it for games against Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and the like.

But midweek games that are on the telly, even CL ones, might be harder for them to sell out. ..

I guess they're looking long term when they'll have ambitions of being on par with the biggest clubs around so it's understandable really.

I got an e-mail at work offering corporate seats which entitled you to a 3 course meal, access to a cash bar (!) for 2.5 hours before the match and 1 hour afterwards, access to gambling facilities and free parking. If you bought 1 ticket for £200 you could get a second ticket for only £100.

Last season we were offered free tickets for the league cup game against West Ham (after City had won the first leg 5-0) and free tickets for our league game (that got postponed, tickets still valid for the re-arranged game). And I mean work had been given 50+ tickets not 3 or 4, it might have been 200 for the league cup game.

I know far more United fans in Manchester than I do City but that's because I live in the south of the city where it's traditionally United. City fans live in the east and north of the city, those areas are far less affluent. It's all down to the price and I doubt you'd see any different at Sunderland after the initial euphoria had waned after the first couple of years in the champions league. I'd love to find out :lol:

Er..the South of the City is where the City fans traditionally are man. Maine Road was about 3 miles due south of the city centre. I've lived in Rusholme, Levenshulme and Stockport and it's almost all City fans.

North Manchester is traditionally Utd territory as that's closer to Salford...

Of course if you mean the professionals who came to the city from elsewhere andchose to live in Didsbury and Chorlton etc. Then they will have chosen to adopt Utd more than City , at least until recently, but they're only plastic fans anyway...

Some sympathy,

They got charged £50 at Hull on Sat then another £35 last night before another £42 at Villa on Sat.

That's without travel costs..

Er..the South of the City is where the City fans traditionally are man. Maine Road was about 3 miles due south of the city centre. I've lived in Rusholme, Levenshulme and Stockport and it's almost all City fans.

North Manchester is traditionally Utd territory as that's closer to Salford...

Of course if you mean the professionals who came to the city from elsewhere andchose to live in Didsbury and Chorlton etc. Then they will have chosen to adopt Utd more than City , at least until recently, but they're only plastic fans anyway...
I've lived in Chorlton, Rusholme, Fallowfield, Withington and Didsbury, met hardly any city fans :lol: All of the City fans I know come from Prestwich, Whitefield, Gorton, Hyde and places around those areas. Stockport's kind of Eastish ;)

does me head in this like, they are expanding the stadium because their average attendance in the premier league is around 99% of the capacity, and there is a waiting list for season tickets. so there is a couple hundred empty seats for a champions league match who gives a shit man, we cant talk about attendances at all, we have one of the LOWEST percentage of fans to seats in the Premier League, so its a bit ironic to try and say they are 'failing' to support their team. I dare say we would be exactly the same for European nights if we ever get there.

f***ing hell, we are starting to sound like the Mags here! City fans are no more affluent than Sunderland fans and will have to pick and choose accordingly.
this. well said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back