Durham vs Warwickshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
South North has been used by DCCC 2nd XI for a number of years so it has been on the rota of out grounds used as much as Stockton or Hartlepool etc (on the basis DCCC 1st XI haven't played at an out ground for a number of years).

You seem to be missing the point about the game not being to promote Northumberland cricket or South North but in fact an opportunity to take Durham Cricket to a wider audience in the NORTH EAST - their catchment area for players. Durham Academy choose to play in the NORTH EAST Premier League, a small clue that they are representative of the whole region and not just county Durham.

I agree with the seat hire being awoke, and as I said in my first post that was not an SNCC initiative - it was DCCC. You also seem to have missed another point with regard to the sale of alcohol - in line with the license that SNCC hold, it would have been ILLEGAL for them to sell alcohol to anyone that is not a member of the club. Shame on you for condoning that they should break the law to suit a few people that hadn't read the info saying it was bring your own drink.

Your comment regarding Yorkshire complaining if they used an out ground outside their county border also sits badly with me; have you seen the size of Yorkshire?! The amount of grounds suitable (correct facilities, amenities, equipment etc) to host first class cricket in Yorkshire will be twice, maybe three times more than that of Durham - hence why DCCC have to look slightly further a field (20 minutes north to Gosforth) to find grounds that are capable.

Finally, I have heard many players slag off wickets and grounds - especially out grounds - so as much as to media they may say it was a good day, behind closed doors they have no reason to big-up a ground if they don't like it. So yes, if they think its shite, they will actually say it's shite.

If you read my posts, I haven't got a problem with Durham taking the 2nd XI cricket around the region, I've attended 2nd XI games at Marton & Middlesbrough in recent seasons and a massive effort goes into hosting such games. It's like in football, Sunderland reserves have played at Durham and more recently Hetton, you will find the majority of reserve teams play away from their 1st team ground to protect the 1st team pitch which is fine (Boro play at Hartlepool).

If you want to promote NORTHUMBERLAND cricket, then start and promote the team called NORTHUMBERLAND who play minor counties cricket, details can be found here http://mcca.play-cricket.com/

I'll never support seeing Durham playing 1st class cricket outside the traditional County Durham boundary which I class as Gateshead to Stockton.

SNCC seem to have made a balls up with the alcohol sales, seems stupid but if you have stupid rules etc.... I never once said they should break the law, I said you couldn't buy a pint, which in my opinion is rubbish. Their mistake and a very expensive mistake indeed. At least read back over what I have said and you will realise you're making yourself look a tad silly by accusing me of things I haven't said. They were selling alcohol to non members after the game had finished though.

Convenient of you to totally miss my point about the disabled access as well.

I'm not really interested in the size of Yorkshire, it's the same principle regarding any county. Would Derbyshire want to play in Manchester? Would Nottinghamshire want to play in Derby? Would Sussex want to play at Uxbridge? Would Lancashire want to play at Leeds?

Some people seemed happy with the arrangement and I know a lot weren't happy with the arrangement. Personally I hope the club never take 1st class cricket outside of the County Durham 1st class cricketing boundaries ever again.

I'd have no problem having my £400 going towards hosting games at Darlington, Hartlepool, Stockton.

The simple fact is that the majority, if not all the supporters who attended the game seemed to enjoy a good game of cricket. I'm pleased I went and I was critical of the arrangements when the game was arranged, I was proved wrong. The seating arrangements was a bit of a cock up, I'm sure the club will have learnt something from that, but overall it was still a good day.

Well done to South North for a good days cricket

The simple fact is that the majority, if not all the supporters who attended the game seemed to enjoy a good game of cricket.

That's probably mainly down to the fact Durham won though.

Tell you what mind, This lad Muchall might just get the 'Most Improved' award at the end of year Forum Awards :eek:.

Huge turnaround in fortunes.

That's probably mainly down to the fact Durham won though.

Tell you what mind, This lad Muchall might just get the 'Most Improved' award at the end of year Forum Awards :eek:.

Huge turnaround in fortunes.

It's got a lot to do with the fact that Durham won, and those that weren't bothered about petty county boundary issues were lucky enough to see it.

If you read my posts, I haven't got a problem with Durham taking the 2nd XI cricket around the region, I've attended 2nd XI games at Marton & Middlesbrough in recent seasons and a massive effort goes into hosting such games. It's like in football, Sunderland reserves have played at Durham and more recently Hetton, you will find the majority of reserve teams play away from their 1st team ground to protect the 1st team pitch which is fine (Boro play at Hartlepool).

If you want to promote NORTHUMBERLAND cricket, then start and promote the team called NORTHUMBERLAND who play minor counties cricket, details can be found here http://mcca.play-cricket.com/

I'll never support seeing Durham playing 1st class cricket outside the traditional County Durham boundary which I class as Gateshead to Stockton.

SNCC seem to have made a balls up with the alcohol sales, seems stupid but if you have stupid rules etc.... I never once said they should break the law, I said you couldn't buy a pint, which in my opinion is rubbish. Their mistake and a very expensive mistake indeed. At least read back over what I have said and you will realise you're making yourself look a tad silly by accusing me of things I haven't said. They were selling alcohol to non members after the game had finished though.

Convenient of you to totally miss my point about the disabled access as well.

I'm not really interested in the size of Yorkshire, it's the same principle regarding any county. Would Derbyshire want to play in Manchester? Would Nottinghamshire want to play in Derby? Would Sussex want to play at Uxbridge? Would Lancashire want to play at Leeds?

Some people seemed happy with the arrangement and I know a lot weren't happy with the arrangement. Personally I hope the club never take 1st class cricket outside of the County Durham 1st class cricketing boundaries ever again.

I'd have no problem having my £400 going towards hosting games at Darlington, Hartlepool, Stockton.

Derbyshire play games in Staffordshire now and again. I've pointed this out several times but nobody has yet seen fit to explain why this doesn't cause problems with their members yet an identical situation involving Durham has caused bed wetting on a grand scale

Everybody would love games to be played a little closer to their own homes. DCCC decided they wanted to use an out ground for the fixture V Warwickshire and had to make a realistic decision as to where the fixture could be played - in the North East there are not that many club out grounds that could be used to host a List A/First class fixture. In my opinion none of Darlington/Stockton/Hartlepool are capable of hosting a DCCC 1st xi game now, regardless of how many they have hosted in the past.

Yes the club may have got it wrong re alcohol sales, but next time (and there will be a next time) they host a DCCC game I hope for the club's sake they resolve the issue.

Greavsie's recurring point about Derbyshire playing in Staffordshire is another example; many counties will use out grounds, many of which will be a lot further from the main county ground than the Riverside was to Gosforth.

Glamorgan are the county who represent Welsh cricket; their home ground is the SWALEC Stadium. This season they have played at numerous out grounds, one of which was Colwyn Bay CC - Still in Wales and so therefore still in the 'county boundaries'. Colwyn Bay and the SWALEC are at different ends of Wales, over 4 hours apart - approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes more than the Riverside to Gosforth. Glamorgan are also playing a LVDiv2 game in St Helen's this week - in a whole different COUNTRY let alone county - another 3 hours away from their 'county home'. All of a sudden the journey DCCC made 20 minutes up the road and across imaginary border seems a bit insignificant.

Without being petty and throwing a childish hissy fit like Gordy Muchall's biggest fan, my point is not only did SNCC put on a terrific day's cricket, but also if other clubs are able to make out grounds work for them, covering a much bigger area, why can't the bone idle fans of DCCC just support the county and get on with it when DCCC take one game away from the Riverside. I bet no other county gets as much stick as DCCC have for using their first out ground in 9 years - off anal 'fans' like a lot of people on here.

Everybody would love games to be played a little closer to their own homes. .

As long as they are played in the traditional County Durham boundaries, I'm not too fussed at all. Just don't agree with Durham playing first class games in Northumberland.

Everybody would love games to be played a little closer to their own homes. DCCC decided they wanted to use an out ground for the fixture V Warwickshire and had to make a realistic decision as to where the fixture could be played - in the North East there are not that many club out grounds that could be used to host a List A/First class fixture. In my opinion none of Darlington/Stockton/Hartlepool are capable of hosting a DCCC 1st xi game now, regardless of how many they have hosted in the past.

Yes the club may have got it wrong re alcohol sales, but next time (and there will be a next time) they host a DCCC game I hope for the club's sake they resolve the issue.

Greavsie's recurring point about Derbyshire playing in Staffordshire is another example; many counties will use out grounds, many of which will be a lot further from the main county ground than the Riverside was to Gosforth.

Glamorgan are the county who represent Welsh cricket; their home ground is the SWALEC Stadium. This season they have played at numerous out grounds, one of which was Colwyn Bay CC - Still in Wales and so therefore still in the 'county boundaries'. Colwyn Bay and the SWALEC are at different ends of Wales, over 4 hours apart - approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes more than the Riverside to Gosforth. Glamorgan are also playing a LVDiv2 game in St Helen's this week - in a whole different COUNTRY let alone county - another 3 hours away from their 'county home'. All of a sudden the journey DCCC made 20 minutes up the road and across imaginary border seems a bit insignificant.

Without being petty and throwing a childish hissy fit like Gordy Muchall's biggest fan, my point is not only did SNCC put on a terrific day's cricket, but also if other clubs are able to make out grounds work for them, covering a much bigger area, why can't the bone idle fans of DCCC just support the county and get on with it when DCCC take one game away from the Riverside. I bet no other county gets as much stick as DCCC have for using their first out ground in 9 years - off anal 'fans' like a lot of people on here.

You've still missed the disabled access point

At the end of the day a county boundary is an imaginary line that is variable depending on who is talking. To a lot of people none of Darlington, Hartlepool or Stockon are in County Durham, to others they are probably band central. It's a trivial line that you apparently let dictate what cricket you watch and support.

It was a one off game for the season, it was a huge success, everyone in the ground had a terrific day & Durham won. Stop trying to lead the anti-SNCC or pro-Durham/anti-N'land campaign you've got going on.

Regarding disabled parking, there is disabled parking local to the ground at the shopping centre and the local car parks off the high street. There is also disabled access to the ground through the main entrance and the side entrance as well as in and out of the clubhouse. SNCC is very accomodating of disabled supporters as well as players; hence the many disabled training sessions a season at the club. So when you say i 'missed the disabled access point', I didn't, I chose to ignore it as you saying there is poor disabled access is simply wrong. (So take that point out your anti-SNCC dossier).

At the end of the day a county boundary is an imaginary line that is variable depending on who is talking. To a lot of people none of Darlington, Hartlepool or Stockon are in County Durham, to others they are probably band central. It's a trivial line that you apparently let dictate what cricket you watch and support.

It was a one off game for the season, it was a huge success, everyone in the ground had a terrific day & Durham won. Stop trying to lead the anti-SNCC or pro-Durham/anti-N'land campaign you've got going on.

Regarding disabled parking, there is disabled parking local to the ground at the shopping centre and the local car parks off the high street. There is also disabled access to the ground through the main entrance and the side entrance as well as in and out of the clubhouse. SNCC is very accomodating of disabled supporters as well as players; hence the many disabled training sessions a season at the club. So when you say i 'missed the disabled access point', I didn't, I chose to ignore it as you saying there is poor disabled access is simply wrong. (So take that point out your anti-SNCC dossier).

Very accommodating "yes we have a few spaces but we can't guarantee you a parking space" - very helpful that

Is @GordonMuchallNo1Fan actually Whed making a return?

Sounds remarkably like him. Cant be the only one thinking this?

Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back