Durham vs Warwickshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok that is good because other than afew yankee craft beers im not generally a fan of international beers. i did read about a coconut porter brewed in hawaii that i hope to sample one day.

cheers for the link, i shall certainly be 'getting involved'
:lol: That's my boy ..... though some of the Belgium Beers are well worth a try - although they do tend to be pretty strong anarl ......

Were the £5 seats worth taking home rather than get the £2 refund to return them?

that was my first thought anarl, £3 for a commemorative chair :lol::lol:

:lol: That's my boy ..... though some of the Belgium Beers are well worth a try - although they do tend to be pretty strong anarl ......

i used to like those sort of beers alot more than i do now, gone right off leffe and hoegaarden and all that sort of stuff. im sure there are still plenty of good uns but christ ive drank some dishwater from over that way anarl.

Really enjoyed yesterday actually but only as one off, wouldn't like too see this become an annual thing unless they do a Northumberland V Durham friendly or something like that.

that was my first thought anarl, £3 for a commemorative chair :lol::lol:

i used to like those sort of beers alot more than i do now, gone right off leffe and hoegaarden and all that sort of stuff. im sure there are still plenty of good uns but christ ive drank some dishwater from over that way anarl.
They'll be a sought out piece of memorabilia in years to come ...... :lol:

I was thinking more of the Trappist style beers - Hoegaarden's of the world are just overpriced for what they are ..... and not really beer. But they always seem to have the desired effect :rolleyes:

I live in Gosforth and have played at South North on a few occasions. However there was not a hope in hell i would attend that game yesterday.

Durham County Cricket Club

Everything is explained in that name.
Well said. bollocks to Newcastle, South Northumberland, geordies, David Harker & all the rest. That complete wankpot John Hall had his chance 22 years ago when he crushed other NE sporting teams to enhance the NUFC1992 brand but thank f*ck we held out. :(

Cant wait to get to a list a+ game next year at Darlo, Durham Uni, Sunderland or wherever in 2015. :rolleyes:

Well said. bollocks to Newcastle, South Northumberland, geordies, David Harker & all the rest. That complete wankpot John Hall had his chance 22 years ago when he crushed other NE sporting teams to enhance the NUFC1992 brand but thank f*ck we held out. :(

Cant wait to get to a list a+ game next year at Darlo, Durham Uni, Sunderland or wherever in 2015. :rolleyes:
i wouldnt put it like this but the sentiment is spot on. they are chasing money of course but let northumberland create their own county team.

my dad is not happy we have port of tyne on shirts :lol:

Take it you did not agree with the decision.

Strange the way Marty Emmerson is hailing this experiment a success and has a go at the "Whingers".

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the loudest voice against the game being played there a few months ago?

I was a big follower of Durham Wasps and it was horrible to see what happened to the club. The same thing would have happened to Durham CCC if John Hall got his hands on it, they would have probably been playing cricket up in Newcastle now. Ironically the ice hockey team no longer exists.

David Harker is an idiot as well.

Emmerson will hail it a success as he is the unofficial mouth piece for the club and he wouldn't really criticise especially on twitter. The prawn sarnie area looked full which is all the club will be bothered about, bearing in mind the executive areas are virtually empty for county games at CLS, the club need to be careful not to loose touch with their proper supporters who are the members.

I know a lot of people who didn't go yesterday for a number of reasons. The attendance of 1704 isn't really much to shout home about, the club will have wanted more. The ground only had limited 1st come first served disabled car parking which isn't ideal and some will have seen that as risky, bearing in mind the parking around the ground is poor at best

£15 a ticket
£4 bus
£5 for a seat with the option of a couple of quid back.

Last edited:
I was a big follower of Durham Wasps and it was horrible to see what happened to the club. The same thing would have happened to Durham CCC if John Hall got his hands on it, they would have probably been playing cricket up in Newcastle now. Ironically the ice hockey team no longer exists.

Don't think we can blame the geordie nation for creating Harker.

Emmerson will hail it a success as he is the unofficial mouth piece for the club and he wouldn't really criticise especially on twitter. The prawn sarnie area looked full which is all the club will be bothered about, bearing in mind the executive areas are virtually empty for county games at CLS, the club need to be careful not to loose touch with their proper supporters who are the members.

I know a lot of people who didn't go yesterday for a number of reasons. The attendance of 1704 isn't really much to shout home about, the club will have wanted more. The ground only had limited 1st come first served disabled car parking which isn't ideal and some will have seen that as risky, bearing in mind the parking around the ground is poor at best

£15 a ticket
£4 bus
£5 for a seat with the option of a couple of quid back.
I bet the members lounge will be an even more depressing place than normal at the next home match, because most of them are moaning when Durham are winning.

It's a shame some people missed a great game of cricket because of a line on a map. I suppose it just goes to show that for some, being a supporter is conditional.

It's a shame some people missed a great game of cricket because of a line on a map. I suppose it just goes to show that for some, being a supporter is conditional.

Just didn't agree with it Harry. Like I said earlier, it's like Yorkshire playing 1st class cricket in Stockton or Manchester.
We had specific needs and the fact only limited disabled car parking was available at the ground was an immediate concern for us and we were unable to book a car parking spot in advance. If we turned up and couldn't get parked we'd have been a bit stuck bearing in mind we don't know the area that well and walking a distance wouldn't have been ideal. Yes I'm aware the club had buses on but that was an additional cost and we would prefer to arrive/depart on our grounds as opposed to set bus times. Bring your own seats/pay for seat hire was just laughable, the pay for a seat hire doesn't happen at any other out ground in the 2 divisions

It's good to see the club hailing it a success but 1704 attendance isn't much to shout home about, I know for a fact they will have wanted more.

I'm all for the 2nd xi touring around the region, but 1st class cricket should remain within the traditional County Durham boundaries (Gateshead to Stockton/Darlington). If the club decided to do this in the future, I'd like to think Darlington/Sunderland/Hartlepool/Stockton were considered, not Northumberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back