Durham vs Middlesex

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLeod - the old pals act should come to an end. He's barely been able to score a run in any format since June 2014.

Mustard, bugger off and promote another restraunt on twitter lad.

Graham Clark should get a game. He's very good.

Have been on nightshift, just woke up and couldnt find the lastest score on the BBC website. Confused me a bit, still half asleep! Didnt think to check it had finished!!! :neutral:

Can we sell a couple of our endless supply of seam bowlers and use the funds to get a batsman from another county/country

We don't have a single batsman that has a careet average over 40 in the competition. There's always going to be some failures.

My team for Notts assuming Wood and Stokes can play

Stoneman
Jennings
Borthwick
Richardson - wk
Stokes if not then Muchall
Collingwood
Wood
Hastings
Arshad
Rushworth
Onions or Coughlin (not sure if Onions will be back)

5 seamers +colly is overkill for me, also Wood is far too high at 7 for me, as would any of that lower order be.

I would be tempted to play Pringle at 7 instead of one of the seamers. Pointless having the lad and releasing him at the end of the season having never had a chance so chuck him in there.

Can we get Colly to practice tosses?
Eerm ....... he won the last two tosses and elected to bowl on both occasions ..... worked against Sussex. Unfortunately, the changing conditions at Lord's worked against us ...... and let's not forget that Finn and Murtagh wanted to bowl if they'd won the toss. A better first innings total would have meant we'd have still been batting after lunch today in very favourable batting conditions. So, we should be looking at the batsmen who failed to struggle the scorers in the first innings when trying unsuccessfully to avoid the follow on target. That's primarily Mustard and McLeod. However, Rocky, Richardson and Scotty all moved into the twenties then didn't push on.

I'm afraid in the second innings we were beaten by the conditions and Harris exploiting them to the full. I'm not going to take anything away from an excellent spell of bowling ......

Eerm ....... he won the last two tosses and elected to bowl on both occasions ..... worked against Sussex. Unfortunately, the changing conditions at Lord's worked against us ...... and let's not forget that Finn and Murtagh wanted to bowl if they'd won the toss. A better first innings total would have meant we'd have still been batting after lunch today in very favourable batting conditions. So, we should be looking at the batsmen who failed to struggle the scorers in the first innings when trying unsuccessfully to avoid the follow on target. That's primarily Mustard and McLeod. However, Rocky, Richardson and Scotty all moved into the twenties then didn't push on.

I'm afraid in the second innings we were beaten by the conditions and Harris exploiting them to the full. I'm not going to take anything away from an excellent spell of bowling ......
Just shows how wrong bowlers can be

Surely got to give Pringle a go. He was Durhams best batsmen in his last championship match against Warks. Muchall no better than Mcleod, have to look forward to developing another batsmen. Keep Muchall for the one dayers and captain the 2nds.

Surely got to give Pringle a go. He was Durhams best batsmen in his last championship match against Warks. Muchall no better than Mcleod, have to look forward to developing another batsmen. Keep Muchall for the one dayers and captain the 2nds.
Macloed has batted 11 innings for us scoring 261 runs at an average of 26. With one 50 a top score of 84

Muchall had 19 innings last season scoring 550 runs averaging 36 with a ton and 2 50s.

Macleod is an average list A cricketer at best and shouldn't be in the championship side. Muchall can actually hold his bat in the red ball cricket, albeit he's not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back