Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started following a faction as it was recommended so. I'm vanguard level 1 so wonder if I should just keep doing vanguard instead of a faction
I'm not sure it makes much difference, I think they all give rewards when you rank up and all have similar items in stock and you'd get rep for them instead of vanguard if you've got one of their class items equipped.

Might give it a look then, didn't die on the lvl 22 one so it should be ok, defender titans special is a bit op in strikes it seems

Haven't bothered with weekly since it's not random matchmaking
They are fun to do, just really difficult. Have to have the right kind of elemental damage and a good strategy. Definitely worth finding two others to do it with.

Well that's annoying, tried a level 24 strike, got all the way to the last boss and disconnected, it was that stupid mars one with the tank on as well, can't be arsed to try that again

when the server went down the message was to go to bungie.net and search 'cattle' for more info ??

Has anybody got anything from the exotic engram from the agent of the nines ?

Love when you play matches on this loot based game and get fuck all loot.

when the server went down the message was to go to bungie.net and search 'cattle' for more info ??

Has anybody got anything from the exotic engram from the agent of the nines ?
You get a guaranteed exotic chest piece but it might not be for your class.

If you struggle after level 20.

Destiny changes considerably after reaching level 20 and passing the level cap. The role of experience changes. While experience continues to contribute to the development of abilities and improvement of weapons, it no longer contributes to leveling.

Rather, leveling becomes tied to Light, an attribute associated with certain legendary equipment and weapons. Light is a numeric value assigned to an individual item which may also be increased through developing that item's abilities through use.

The Legendary Gear associated with Light can be obtained at level 20 in several ways:

• Through Crucible Marks, a form of currency obtained through some Crucible Modes, including Rumble. Crucible Marks can be spent in The Tower to purchase Legendary Gear. (Control, Clash, Rumble and Skirmish all earn you equal amounts of Crucible Marks and Reputation: 2-3 marks depending on losing or achieving victory, and 10 reputation no matter if you win or lose. You can only earn 100 marks per week.
  • Through Vanguard Marks, a form of currency obtained through the Daily Heroic Story and Weekly Heroic Strike.Vanguard Marks may be spent in The Tower for Legendary Gear. Level 18 strikes earn you 10 Vangaurd reputation. Level 20 strikes earn you 13 reputation and 2 marks. Level 22 strikes earn you 14 reputation and 3 marks. And level 24 strikes earn you 25 reputation and 6 marks. You can only earn 100 marks per week.
  • Through Loot Drops on ordinary missions, including Engrams.
As Legendary gear is combined, new level thresholds are reached. As a player continues to grind, Legendary levels continue to unlock.

DAILY HEROIC STORIES
Daily Heroic Strikes are special events which unlock daily for post-game players. They become available after reaching Level 20, and offer special Vanguard Rewards. They are more difficult versions of Story Missions with modifiers to increase the challenge. These Strikes earn you 5 Vanguard marks for use in purchasing Legendary gear from Tower Vendors. Note that you can only earn 100 Vanguard marks in a given week.

WEEKLY HEROIC STRIKES
These high-difficulty strike Missions grant significant Vanguard Mark bonuses. They unlock and rotate weekly for Level 20 characters. These Strikes earn you 3 Vanguard Marks, 150 Vanguard reputation and 3 Strange Coins which are used to purchase gear from a vendor who only appears on weekends.

It's a bit daft you can't be put into some sort of matchmaking when trying to do the raid.

I've only got 2 other mates who play this game, and with no sort of chat function in the tower it's pretty impossible to get a fireteam of 6 to try and do it.

It's a bit daft you can't be put into some sort of matchmaking when trying to do the raid.

I've only got 2 other mates who play this game, and with no sort of chat function in the tower it's pretty impossible to get a fireteam of 6 to try and do it.
It takes 10 hours anyway apparently, which is ridiculous. I'm all for a challenge but that's excessive.
It does seem stupid like. We only have 4 players at the most. Just let randoms join ffs. There's no reason not to matchmake.

It takes 10 hours anyway apparently, which is ridiculous. I'm all for a challenge but that's excessive.
It does seem stupid like. We only have 4 players at the most. Just let randoms join ffs. There's no reason not to matchmake.
Agree with the match making stuff. Seems daft.
The 10 hours was the first group to do it and it does actually save progress so you don't have to do it in 1 sitting.
Although it only saves for 1 week so you'd need to put a couple of hours in a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back