Covent Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I missed Covent Garden as I was in bed at the hotel in Euston by 9pm mortal drunk.

Any videos kicking about of that? Didn't show it when I went back and watched it on Sky+.
Tbh mate ive never watched 1 second of the game. Just thing that sticks in my head is when the lads walked up the steps and a mighty roar went up . Unforgettable for me marra. Weird how little things like that stays with you.

Did I hear wise man say being sung when they went up?
I cant recall that marra but then again I was just watching the lads walking up the steps and just feeling like 'we nearly done it lads, you did us all proud'. That's the connection what Gus has got to get back between the fans and players imo.

Last edited:
It was superb. Came round the corner into Covent Garden into the masses already there and the first thing I seen was a bloke balancing one of those red and white barriers that get put up when there's works on the path out his gob (vertically) and people on top of phone boxes and lampposts being shook by people below :lol: knew from then it was going to be a good night.

Topped it off when we eventually left and headed away and I bumped into Quinny, shouted "it's Quinny" outloud and when I said Quinny me voice went high! :oops: He was with his wife and he had a laugh and I drunkenly shook his hand and he wished us well for the rest of the night/weekend.

Wish we were going back this weekend.

The Hon. Robert Halfon is still suffering from PTSD

Strange thing about Halfon (and I'll probably get slaughtered for this) was that he played a prominent role in one of the recent 'Inside the Commons' episodes and came across as a decent and principalled bloke who has overcome a major disability to do a decent job as a parlimentarean.

His tweet that night really let him down

Unbelievable night.

As we got closer and closer we could hear the 'buzz' of everyone, but as we walked round the corner and saw the sheer numbers there was fantastic. Looked at the pub and wondered how the fuck we were going to get near it, let alone get in and served. 1st person I remember properly seeing in amongst the thousands there was my Dad, who advised us to hurry up and get into Tesco as there wasn't a lot left. I laughed and headed towards Tesco, but when I walked in I realised what he meant. Even the cheapy Tesco's own lager/cider was almost gone, and just when I'd resigned myself to drinking wine, I spotted a bottle of Smirnoff on the end of the aisle. Saw a poor lad walk out with a trolley full of drink, don't think he got anywhere near the drink aisle before he was mugged.

Never thought I'd see the day where a group of pissed Sunderland fans were arguing with themselves over which champagne was best to buy as there was nowt else left to drink :lol:

Unbelievable

Strange thing about Halfon (and I'll probably get slaughtered for this) was that he played a prominent role in one of the recent 'Inside the Commons' episodes and came across as a decent and principalled bloke who has overcome a major disability to do a decent job as a parlimentarean.

His tweet that night really let him down

Memory failing me - I recall it was about Covent garden & unruly Sunderland supporters, but what did he say again? Thanks

If, if, if only we had got a result against Bradford we would still have hope and could have been on our way to Wembley again - there is always next year (I say more in hope, than in expectation)!!!

Last edited:
Those videos, that weekend. We should have been going back down but we fucked off the Fa cup at hull and Bradford.

Loved that 'supposed Ki lookalike' near tesco, everyone singing his name, poor fella didn't have a clue but he was loving it.

Unbelievable night.

As we got closer and closer we could hear the 'buzz' of everyone, but as we walked round the corner and saw the sheer numbers there was fantastic. Looked at the pub and wondered how the fuck we were going to get near it, let alone get in and served. 1st person I remember properly seeing in amongst the thousands there was my Dad, who advised us to hurry up and get into Tesco as there wasn't a lot left. I laughed and headed towards Tesco, but when I walked in I realised what he meant. Even the cheapy Tesco's own lager/cider was almost gone, and just when I'd resigned myself to drinking wine, I spotted a bottle of Smirnoff on the end of the aisle. Saw a poor lad walk out with a trolley full of drink, don't think he got anywhere near the drink aisle before he was mugged.

Never thought I'd see the day where a group of pissed Sunderland fans were arguing with themselves over which champagne was best to buy as there was nowt else left to drink :lol:

Unbelievable
People were drinking Campari and advocaat as everything else had been supped, very funny

Unfortunately I missed Covent Garden as I was in bed at the hotel in Euston by 9pm mortal drunk.

dinnit worry, we 'weren't allowed in' :lol::lol: Rather have given our wedge to the Tesco along the road than the poncy bars there anyway - we made our own 'venue' - what was the street called that closed??

Memory failing me - I recall it was about Covent garden & unruly Sunderland supporters, but what did he say again? Thanks

If, if, if only we had got a result against Bradford we would still have hope and could have been on our way to Wembley again - there is always next year (I say more in hope, than in expectation)!!!
I think the Wembley weekend made the losses to Hull and Bradford in the cup so hard to take.

Some northern football hooligans ruined his evening meal in CG.

I remember getting to convent garden at about 3/4 ish in the afternoon.

I don't remember how I got back to the hotel. The only time in my life this has ever happened :lol:

Was around Covent Garden from midday. Was there when Shaun Goater rocked up to watch our fans singing, then after a quick freshen up, was back for the ball getting rescued next to tesco, and then the lad drinking a concoction of drink through a traffic cone.

Great weekend :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back