Covent Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting goosebumps thinking about the whole weekend. Men, women and children all with smiling faces daubed in red and white.

I didn't think losing a cup final could make you as proud of a team, a club and it's fans!

After covent garden we went to a south carolina fried chicken shop en route to the hotel. There was a sunderland supporter by himself asleep on one of the tables. Not face first or owt, but lying flat out on a table in the fetal position. He looked as comfortable as fuck as well.
in 85 I was first awake and volunteered to go for the papers ( nee internet then kids ) and as I left the hotel I had to step over a Sunderland fan asleep on the steps of the hotel :lol:

Awesome. Landed at Heathrow in the morning, checked into my hotel at Earl's Court and then took the tube to Covent Garden and walked towards the noise. Love the photo below of the street at only 9pm.

[photo="medium"]2660[/photo]

Scumbag football hooligans turned Covent Garden into a disgusting Cesspit.

My abiding memory is seeing wave after wave of Sunderland lads and lasses on rickshaws, whizzing round the West End. Class.
That was us marra! Funny as, we got the rickshaws from covent garden all the way to Westminster! The look on people's faces as we were hurtling through the madness of the traffic was priceless.

That was us marra! Funny as, we got the rickshaws from covent garden all the way to Westminster! The look on people's faces as we were hurtling through the madness of the traffic was priceless.

Class. We were syltanding outside a boozer and they just kept going past with people singing in them

We took a few non sunderland fans along with us including a 3 lasses, they loved it and couldnt believe what they were seeing and hearing. By the end of the night they were all dancing and singing like the best of us

A truly amazing experience. Totally surreal the night before anarl. The amount of alcohol consumed was ridiculous. By the time I got to Tesco all I could get me hands on were two bottles of prosecco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back