Connor Wickham skill set

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshpit

Striker
Which of the following does Connor Wickham actually bring to the team.

1. Pace
2. Vision
3. Awareness
4. Skill
5. Touch
6. Strength
7. Finishing
8. Nice hair

I'll start with 8

You'll start with banter.

He's in good form. Actually looks like he cares.

He's good at running with the ball. His hold up and link up play has been very good recently. He's clearly got strength. His work rate , often out of position, has been largely very good. He's scored more goals than others. He's still very young and improving. I like him a lot.

You'll start with banter.

He's in good form. Actually looks like he cares.

He's good at running with the ball. His hold up and link up play has been very good recently. He's clearly got strength. His work rate , often out of position, has been largely very good. He's scored more goals than others. He's still very young and improving. I like him a lot.
I quick look at his posts shows a very strange obsession with wickham...
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/search/6537984/

Best part of Wickham's game is how he runs at players, that chance he fashioned in the first half was class. Totally had the defence on the back foot. No other player can do that apart from Johnson. He's a class act imho. Needs to work on his finishing and decision making though.

Very frustrating player but got to remember he's 22 and a 6 foot 3 striker being played on the wing, still the best is hopefully yet to come from him.

That goal he scored for Ipswich where he ran with ball from the half way line was amazing.

Quality dribbling skills. Op is a helmet imo and is probably bald and jealous of his hair.

His first touch to take down one of Pants' kickouts/clearance was unbelievable. He is quick and he is strong. I don't know about vision or awareness, that and decision-making are some of his weaker areas.

Finishing is an interesting one... I think he is a good finisher. When he was actually played up front and got regular chances, he scored. Now it wasn't for that long... he's been stuck out on the wing mainly and takes a lot of potshots which he has generally missed. And he missed a good chance against Southampton and think he did against Stoke too. But even top finishers miss chances too, and I would say it happens more when you're not being fed regular chances.

I'd also like to see him get better at heading in terms of beating a defender to a cross and really meet it with a thumping header. He's scored a few headers but he's a big lad, he could really dominate if he applied himself.

The lad actually cares and works his socks off. Plenty of talent there, and is becoming a very good footballer. He's been played out of position almost all season and hasn't complained, just got his head down and got on with it.

If he was played up front consistently he'd have far more goals this season.

I like how he gets it out wide and cuts in and just f***ing runs at people. He spreads play fantastic as well, many a time he's got the ball on the left came inside beat a couple of men and then hit out to the right. He has a footballing brain and the ability is there, if he gets sorted mentally he can be anything he wants. The running he does is up there with sebs, his appearance and lifestyle plays to much of a part for people's perception of him

Lads starting to look a real player.

Just our f***ing luck that we spent all that money and we might lose him

Grafts his balls off, the only player capable of beating somebody. He drives with the ball really well and creates chances.

He's been excellent under Advocaat. You aren't a fan of him but he is a good player. Lacks the ability to make the right decision at times but he's our best forward.
He's f*cking gash, biggest waste of money we've had for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back