Connor v Shearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good point by the op but I would question one aspect.

Did you call him Connor throughout as you were unsure on the spelling of the surname, as a later poster has already mis spelt it.
:)

Not at all. No partic reason for or against Wickham! Mebbe subconsciously feel the lad is one of us or a mate?

Let's not get too carried away here, he has had 3 very good games, but needs to show that he can score goals consistently across a season. Still a lot of question marks for me, but if we stay up his transfer fee is repaid.

I think as with any striker confidence is key and real belief. There is no question the lad has talent and has lots of strengths.

It needs a very good manager to get the best out of the player.

Look at Henderson, Dalglish couldn't get him going and yet Rodgers has got him bossing the midfield.

Too many fans write players off as quickly as cult status us earned. Stay up and build a team round him

I think as with any striker confidence is key and real belief. There is no question the lad has talent and has lots of strengths.

It needs a very good manager to get the best out of the player.

Look at Henderson, Dalglish couldn't get him going and yet Rodgers has got him bossing the midfield.

Too many fans write players off as quickly as cult status us earned. Stay up and build a team round him
With Connor I think a lot has been to do with something just clicking inside the lad himself, whereas JH prob struggled in a team trying to live up to Top 4 status.

Of course that "click" might have been "Connor, yu gonna start every game from now til the end of the season."

Now before any of yuz start (and they'll be still some that cannot see past the title :rolleyes: ), this is in no way a suggestion that Connor can go on to have even half the mags career. This is purely to prove that some young players need time.

Shearer
Season League Apps Goals Age
1987–88 -- 5 ------- 3 ----18
1988–89 --10 ------ 0 ----19
1989–90 --26 ------ 3 ----20
1990–91 --36 ------ 4 ----21
1991–92 --41 ------ 13 ---22
Total ----118 ------23

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/wickham-ji-and-campbell-staying.727192/ Canny thread like from over 18 months ago!

Note in AS first 3 seasons (from 17yr old to nearly 20) he only scored 6 in 41 games. So far Connor has 6 in 40 (from 18-21 yr old).

Patience is a virtue.
Don't talk so much shite
One stat

Skp goaldenboot fuck off Sheraer

I've got the patience of a saint & yer still talking shite xxx
Explain what shite am talking Hank. Atm am guessing yu didn't read it and think am saying Connor is as good or can be. I haven't said either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back