Connor v Shearer

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Statto Junkie

Now before any of yuz start (and they'll be still some that cannot see past the title :rolleyes: ), this is in no way a suggestion that Connor can go on to have even half the mags career. This is purely to prove that some young players need time.

Shearer
Season League Apps Goals Age
1987–88 -- 5 ------- 3 ----18
1988–89 --10 ------ 0 ----19
1989–90 --26 ------ 3 ----20
1990–91 --36 ------ 4 ----21
1991–92 --41 ------ 13 ---22
Total ----118 ------23

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/wickham-ji-and-campbell-staying.727192/ Canny thread like from over 18 months ago!

Note in AS first 3 seasons (from 17yr old to nearly 20) he only scored 6 in 41 games. So far Connor has 6 in 40 (from 18-21 yr old).

Patience is a virtue.

What's next…Jozy has one go in off his backside and we dig out Henry's stats?
No. Jozy is 25 in 6 months, has 2 goals in 53 games, the ball bounces off him, barely runs into space and rarely has a shot.

Before he came here, Wickham was labelled as the new Shearer by the press hype machine. Can see the similarities.

If he becomes half as good as Shearer was that will be good enough for me.

Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to wait.

Let's hope it's not too late.
My worry is the higher expectation now.... Shearer only scored 4 the following season in 36 games. 10 in first 77 League games. :eek:

Connor is approx 6 months behind Shearer's early career.

Good point by the op but I would question one aspect.

Did you call him Connor throughout as you were unsure on the spelling of the surname, as a later poster has already mis spelt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back