Concerns for the season ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest I have concerns about our squad and serious lack of depth in areas, but looking at your squad there are major concerns especially in defence, to go into a season with the defenders you have and lack of firepower in the front 6 and creativity in the midfield would be worrying if I was a SAFC fan. Saying that the prem league is padded out with shite us included so a finish of 10th to bottom is a potential possibility

We can't even retain players, the likes of Wickham (doesn't look like he's fussed about extending his contract) Bardo, Colback so on... So getting people into the club is another question

I don't think there's any problem at all with people voicing their concerns as the current squad is a bit lightweight and lacking in quality. The problem is the countless threads full of posters going WAY over the top with their concerns

I'm concerned that the whole squad will be injured for the entire season and the stadium might burn down.

See ;)

At what point are people allowed to say we're really worried about next season and think we'll struggle, without being called a bed wetter or fanny or something like that?

We've got a squad which has scraped survival two years on the spin, our only improvements are an average right back, a CM who hasn't looked too hot in the premiership yet and a decent keeper. Our second top scorer and best striker from last year has went back to his parent club and doesn't want to sign. We have two capable CBs both of whom are in their 30's, our 3 strikers scored a total of 9 goals last season (5 of which were in a three game purple patch which may or may not be replicated), and we cannot get any of our top signings.

If this was another club, we'd be pointing at them, laughing and saying they're going down. Think it's understandable if people have legitimate concerns as at the minute we look well short of the required level.
I get fed up doing this but look at the teams around us.
At this stage we are stronger ( much stronger ) than the newly promoted teams.
Hull who finished below us have 'strengthened' with snodgrass ( relegated ) and Ince ( couldn't get a game )
WBA have strengthened with...Gardner
Aston Villa have strengthened with Joe Cole and Senderos
Palace may have finished strongly, but I still believe they'll struggle. If Fraizer Campbell is their best signing god help them
Soton's team bus will be a robin reliant the way things are going. Manager gone, all their best players gone and going. New manager a serial failure.
Where do you think we should be finishing like. Top 6?
Yes I do believe you and your cohorts are bedwetting

I get fed up doing this but look at the teams around us.
At this stage we are stronger ( much stronger ) than the newly promoted teams.
Hull who finished below us have 'strengthened' with snodgrass ( relegated ) and Ince ( couldn't get a game )
WBA have strengthened with...Gardner
Aston Villa have strengthened with Joe Cole and Senderos
Palace may have finished strongly, but I still believe they'll struggle. If Fraizer Campbell is their best signing god help them
Soton's team bus will be a robin reliant the way things are going. Manager gone, all their best players gone and going. New manager a serial failure.
Where do you think we should be finishing like. Top 6?
Yes I do believe you and your cohorts are bedwetting

I'm usually quite positive but if you can't see why some supporters would be concerned about the lack of money spent / players being signed then you are mad. Especially since our transfer activity contradicts what the likes of Congerton and Poyet have previously stated

I personally think we'll bring in 4 or so more players and do ok next season, nothing flash but away from relegation however I can understand those who have concerns

If this was another club, we'd be pointing at them, laughing and saying they're going down.

Think this is probably true. The squad, as it is, is pretty abysmal and we've only got two and a bit weeks till the first game. I'm not kneejerking or whatever - I've got no doubt that we'll get a couple more players in at least - but I think it's difficult to be much more optimistic than another relegation battle / comfortably lower midtable finish. I suppose it depends what you expected at the start of the summer, but to be honest I didn't expect much more anyway.

Fair enough, I've only been jumping in and out of here briefly over the summer but whenever I do I see people making snide remarks about "tantrums" and "meltdowns" and "bedwetters", as if everyone who dares say that this pre-season, so far, has been a disaster is ridiculous.

As for spelling mistakes, wrote it on my phone whilst on break at work, and couldn't be arsed to double check it so apologies :lol:

IMHO both optimistic and pessimistic views are welcome, but the problem on PF is a combination of arsehole WUMs, congenital idiots and people with some kind of axe to grind who are currently carpeting bombing the board with industrial sized quantities of horseplop. If they could all have their Internet connections removed and their computers shoved up their lower colons, that would be super.

IMHO both optimistic and pessimistic views are welcome, but the problem on PF is a combination of arsehole WUMs, congenital idiots and people with some kind of axe to grind who are currently carpeting bombing the board with industrial sized quantities of horseplop. If they could all have their Internet connections removed and their computers shoved up their lower colons, that would be super.

And the attention-seeking dullards that post a thread every day on their shitty thoughts, like they're writing the Daily Star leader column or something. Hate to go all State of the Board, but it's f***ing dreadful now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back