Concerns for the season ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morny

Striker
At what point are people allowed to say we're really worried about next season and think we'll struggle, without being called a bed wetter or fanny or something like that?

We've got a squad which has scraped survival two years on the spin, our only improvements are an average right back, a CM who hasn't looked too hot in the premiership yet and a decent keeper. Our second top scorer and best striker from last year has went back to his parent club and doesn't want to sign. We have two capable CBs both of whom are in their 30's, our 3 strikers scored a total of 9 goals last season (5 of which were in a three game purple patch which may or may not be replicated), and we cannot get any of our top signings.

If this was another club, we'd be pointing at them, laughing and saying they're going down. Think it's understandable if people have legitimate concerns as at the minute we look well short of the required level.

We'll struggle massively if we go into the season with this squad (IMO). We need a good few signings yet.

There's still time though, Gus will probably pressure the board into sorting it out.

I have said something to the tune of what you have all summer and only been met with minor murmerings by the extremists. As long as you dont act a broken record and change everything to fit your opinion i find most are fair in there thoughts.

Dont make spelling errors tha.

At what point are people allowed to say we're really worried about next season and think we'll struggle, without being called a bed wetter or fanny or something like that?

We've got a squad which has scraped survival two years on the spin, our only improvements are an average right back, a CM who hasn't looked too hot in the premiership yet and a decent keeper. Our second top scorer and best striker from last year has went back to his parent club and doesn't want to sign. We have two capable CBs both of whom are in their 30's, our 3 strikers scored a total of 9 goals last season (5 of which were in a three game purple patch which may or may not be replicated), and we cannot get any of our top signings.

If this was another club, we'd be pointing at them, laughing and saying they're going down. Think it's understandable if people have legitimate concerns as at the minute we look well short of the required level.
We can do whatever we like, won't make any difference.

We'll struggle massively if we go into the season with this squad (IMO). We need a good few signings yet.

There's still time though, Gus will probably pressure the board into sorting it out.
Hard to argue otherwise. We need a left winger, centre midfielder, centre back or two just for a start.

Fully expect it will be end of the window now before we get any real moves.

Said on another thread we need points early on or the pressure will be huge

No one is sure what's going on with these signings or the lack of. But going in to the season as things stand doesn't bode well. Luckily we have 5 weeks left until it's all done and dusted, the club will make signings but they won't be in the immediate future I think, as frustrating as that is.

Its more than understandable to be concerned at this point but its when everything becomes an issue and people are moaning for the sake of moaning. It becomes really boring.

I have said something to the tune of what you have all summer and only been met with minor murmerings by the extremists. As long as you dont act a broken record and change everything to fit your opinion i find most are fair in there thoughts.

Dont make spelling errors tha.

Fair enough, I've only been jumping in and out of here briefly over the summer but whenever I do I see people making snide remarks about "tantrums" and "meltdowns" and "bedwetters", as if everyone who dares say that this pre-season, so far, has been a disaster is ridiculous.

As for spelling mistakes, wrote it on my phone whilst on break at work, and couldn't be arsed to double check it so apologies :lol:

I'd take 17th place quite happily right now.

Starting to become farcical. Everyone is laughing at Southampton but they probably still have a better squad than us despite all the sales.

Things can only get better... etc...

I was filled with hope last year especially after Hong Kong (albeit in the rain) as we looked sharp. So this season I am not reading anything into pre-season I am awaiting the first game. How we fair against West Brom will be my starting point.
As others I would like to have seen some decent signings but I'm in the wait and see camp at the moment. Worrying will not change the outcome!!!!

Can't blame anyone for being slightly concerned at this point. i'm hoping we'll be fine by the close of the window but we need to get some of these deals completed. Poyet wanted the majority of signings in for Portugal trip so he can't be very impressed.

Nowt any of us can do about it though so just got to sit back and let it happen

We'll struggle regardless, unless there is major major investment

Apart from the top seven and a couple of teams who always exceed expectations, the Premier League is pretty dire. The bottom 10 or 11 are much of a muchness and will be involved in a scrap for most of the season.

I fully expect us to be amongst that.

A few years ago I would probably have been on the verge of a hissy fit, but I've now reached a point in my life where I have far more important things to worry about (a business and family)

It actually quite enjoyable being so relaxed about it all and not having a breakdown when deals collapse

I'm sure we will sign some players and if we don't we will probably go down, either way there's nothing I can do about it so no point worrying or getting stressed

Can't blame anyone for being slightly concerned at this point. i'm hoping we'll be fine by the close of the window but we need to get some of these deals completed. Poyet wanted the majority of signings in for Portugal trip so he can't be very impressed.

Nowt any of us can do about it though so just got to sit back and let it happen
Poyet will be hating it, but this summer is very odd and fees and reported wages are through the roof, we aren't in the position to spend loads on wages and transfer fees and Poyet will know that.

our 3 strikers scored a total of 9 goals last season (5 of which were in a three game purple patch which may or may not be replicated), and we cannot get any of our top signings.

probably wont have the 9 game nightmare to kick the season off either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back